SiouxSports.com Forum

Frozen Four Shootouts

Dave Berger

UND is leaving the WCHA to join the NHL.

Grand Forks Central and Red River High School hockey teams will play the Fighting Sioux's 2009/2010 schedule as able. This will depend on their own schedules which will take priority.

You only got part of that story:

- UND is replacing the Minnesota Wild in the NHL NW Division

- the Wild are being traded to the Swedish Elite league for a dozen bikini models and a crock pot of meatballs

- once UND's in the NHL, Bemidji State to the WCHA with GF Central and GF Red River --> 12 team league :lol:

I am not sure why the author forgot to mention the part where the NCAA has changed it's stance on the Native American concern. I have it on good authority (other experts on this broad....I mean board) that the NCAA in its new era of enlightenment ( I think it has to do with the new president) has changed its stance on a number of previous areas of concern.

- the Wild are being traded to the Swedish Elite league for a dozen bikini models and a crock pot of meatballs

- once UND's in the NHL, Bemidji State to the WCHA with GF Central and GF Red River --> 12 team league :lol:

It was also announced that the Sioux have recuited an American goaltender! Actually one that has not given up 6 goals in their league championships. Talk about shocking!

Good April Fool's joke; something that would get people on here all worked up before they realized the date was 04-01-09. I almost fell for it myself. :lol:

I personally think shootouts are an abomination to the sport and should be banned altogether (no joke). I know Hak thinks we should use it because hockey fans in Montreal like it, but I am a traditionalist on the question of ties and shootouts. I think if we went to 4 x 4 overtimes like the NHL does and doubled the overtime period to 10 minutes, we would cut down on the number of ties without tarishing the integrity of the game itself. Shootouts have no place in a team game like hockey. What's next, free-throw shooting contests in basketball or field-goal kicking contests in football? Or how about home-run hitting contests in baseball instead of extra innings? Shootouts are just as inappropriate.

• 3 weeks later...

- once UND's in the NHL, Bemidji State to the WCHA with GF Central and GF Red River --> 12 team league :D

Good trade.

- once UND's in the NHL, Bemidji State to the WCHA with GF Central and GF Red River --> 12 team league ;)

Good trade.

Yeah, but the Swedes reneged on part of the deal: They sent back Jaques L. and Doug R. :D;)