SiouxSports.com Forum

Early Departures

AZSIOUX

Not likely since he has to still get drafted in June.

Anyone notice McBain's contract $600,000 a year if in the NHL and Stoa's looks like it will be for the max? Both are 2nd rounders I believe so I don't think McBain's agent did very good negotiating.

oops, good point!!

• Replies 332
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So does this mean that from now on you will automatically pick the Avs to win all of their games in your NHL hockey pools. :silly:

If so...

Hey Gopherz, I'm starting a pool.....

:D

Seriously, Stoa isn't going to need much adjustment to the Avs system. They're basically Gopher clones. Team built on offense with no defense and crappy goaltending... ok, so it's slightly worse than the Gophers. At least Kangas actually is decent.

If so...

:D

Seriously, Stoa isn't going to need much adjustment to the Avs system. They're basically Gopher clones. Team built on offense with no defense and crappy goaltending... ok, so it's slightly worse than the Gophers. At least Kangas actually is decent.

Thanks for the laugh :silly:

If so...

:silly:

Yeah, the Avs suck now, and I agree with what you are saying....And I hate the Rodents more than anyone...HOWEVER....

Even with all of the injuries the Avs have, and the extremely crappy goaltending......

Dec. 15 - Colorado 3 Detroit 2 (Former Rodent Leopold with a penalty shot goal, and an assist)

Dec. 27 - Colorado 5 Detroit 4 (Shootout)

Feb. 15 - Colorado 6 Detroit 5 (Shootout) (Ex- Rodent Leopold scores shootout winner)

Mar. 9 - Detroit 3 Colorado 2

So maybe the Avs should play the Wings more often.......

GO SIOUX!!!

Are you referring to Jordan Leopold that was traded to the Calgary Flames? :D

Indeed I am....

Although I hate anything Rodentia related, it was prevalent to the current discussion. And since he was wearing an Avs jersey, and on the Avs payroll at the time, and playing for the Avs during the game, and scored for the Avs..... I don't think the NHL will take back the points because he was later traded, and make them replay the remainder of the games.. :silly:

The point was....Redwing was making the point that the Avs suck right now....and they do. BUT....they won the season series against the Wings...... That's it...nothing more, nothing less.

Except for...... The Gophers still suck!

Now back to your regularly scheduled programming.....

Yeah, the Avs suck now, and I agree with what you are saying....And I hate the Rodents more than anyone...HOWEVER....

Even with all of the injuries the Avs have, and the extremely crappy goaltending......

Dec. 15 - Colorado 3 Detroit 2 (Former Rodent Leopold with a penalty shot goal, and an assist)

Dec. 27 - Colorado 5 Detroit 4 (Shootout)

Feb. 15 - Colorado 6 Detroit 5 (Shootout) (Ex- Rodent Leopold scores shootout winner)

Mar. 9 - Detroit 3 Colorado 2

So maybe the Avs should play the Wings more often.......

GO SIOUX!!!

true...the Avs aren't bad and Stoa probably will be on that team next year. That being said who cares GO SIOUX!!!!!

Anyone notice McBain's contract $600,000 a year if in the NHL and Stoa's looks like it will be for the max? Both are 2nd rounders I believe so I don't think McBain's agent did very good negotiating.

I could be wrong, but I think Stoa had a little more leverage. He like Wheeler was four years out high school so I think he could have potentially become a free agent at the end of the summer. McBain's team I'm pretty sure had his rights until after the summer of 2010.

I think VV is gone for sure. I would be really surprised to see him come back.

Other than that, I'm really not sure on who else would go.

I guess a positive of not having a team full of superstars is that you won't have a bunch of them leaving early each offseason. :angry:

I think VV is gone for sure. I would be really surprised to see him come back.

Other than that, I'm really not sure on who else would go.

I guess a positive of not having a team full of superstars is that you won't have a bunch of them leaving early each offseason. :p

I was hesitant to say VV as a possibility when I posted :angry: But glad my line of thinking wasn't far fetched.

But your right, I really don't see anyone else leaving early besides VV. We've got at least another year out of Gregoire. and I see Hextall being a 3 or 4 year kid.

VV's stats aren't anything special and he wasn't anywhere near a dominant college player. He has the potential and has played great lately, but his body of work isn't spectacular. I guess I don't see him playing in the NHL next year, he's at best a one/two year AHL guy before any chance at the NHL. Unless Edm. thinks that the AHL will be better for his development I don't see a huge benefit by jumping. He'll be an elite college player, potentially a first team WCHA or All American, and I think at that point he would be in a much better position going forward.

I think the fact that a Gopher fan is hating on Finley makes Finley even more valuable for the Sioux.

As for where he'll land? Unquestionably it will be with the Caps farm club.

I don't think Washington ever expected Finley to progress enough even over 4 years to make it directly to the pros. He's got 2-3 seasons in the minors before he'll see regular NHL action. Oh, and go ahead and predict he'll never make it. Just like Brian Lee will never make it... or that Roche will be a lock for the pros. :(

He was drafted as a project. Everyone said so. And, unlike the haters here, Washington likes him. They tried for two straight seasons to convince him to sign early.

And since, Finley is a senior, he's not an early departure. That is only wishful thinking for the haters.

As for VV, I agree.

I think the fact that a Gopher fan is hating on Finley makes Finley even more valuable for the Sioux.

As for where he'll land? Unquestionably it will be with the Caps farm club.

I don't think Washington ever expected Finley to progress enough even over 4 years to make it directly to the pros. He's got 2-3 seasons in the minors before he'll see regular NHL action. Oh, and go ahead and predict he'll never make it. Just like Brian Lee will never make it... or that Roche will be a lock for the pros. :(

He was drafted as a project. Everyone said so. And, unlike the haters here, Washington likes him. They tried for two straight seasons to convince him to sign early.

And since, Finley is a senior, he's not an early departure. That is only wishful thinking for the haters.

As for VV, I agree.

I have to agree with a lot of the finley haters on here. When it came to big game time, he had some stupid penalties or was a step behind. Correct me if I am wrong, but wasn't he to the right , right behind the player who scored the winning goal yesterday. Right behind the net during the duluth game when the first goal was given up. I think he has potential, but I can think of numerous times when his play hurt us not helped us.

Now in saying that, look at when we started going on that long run. Right after he came back from his injury. This is a player that is so frustrating to me and so many other fans. Gotta love the big guy. Leaves a big hole but I think we are gonna be o.k. with Blood in there.

Watch for the Bozak announcement tomorrow. The Hockey Night in Canada Hot Stove League mentioned that there is currently a bidding war between several teams trying to land him.

I was telling a buddy of mine that Bozak was reading offers off the fax the minute the game ended. :(

I have to agree with a lot of the finley haters on here. When it came to big game time, he had some stupid penalties or was a step behind. Correct me if I am wrong, but wasn't he to the right , right behind the player who scored the winning goal yesterday. Right behind the net during the duluth game when the first goal was given up. I think he has potential, but I can think of numerous times when his play hurt us not helped us.

Now in saying that, look at when we started going on that long run. Right after he came back from his injury. This is a player that is so frustrating to me and so many other fans. Gotta love the big guy. Leaves a big hole but I think we are gonna be o.k. with Blood in there.

I also find it strange to see that people assume that defense works on an individualized basis. There are TWO defensemen on the ice at any given time 5 on 5 and even the forwards have some defensive responsibility. Where was Finley's defensive partner? Why did Finley go behind the net? Was the play he was running require him that deep? What was the strategy involved?

Or did he just get beat on that one play? Even the best D get beat. Genoway gets beat all the time.

The fact is, who knows.

And according to Brad's blog, Finley was playing with a seperated shoulder. Seriously... how much hockey can you all play with a seperated shoulder?

Hextall played with a broken foot. Wow.

I was telling a buddy of mine that Bozak was reading offers off the fax the minute the game ended. :(

Those faxes are the dinosaur teams like the Wild, who are probably too cheap to get texting or blackberrry accounts. I say Bozek was reading them via textmessage the instant he turned his cell on.

I also find it strange to see that people assume that defense works on an individualized basis. There are TWO defensemen on the ice at any given time 5 on 5 and even the forwards have some defensive responsibility. Where was Finley's defensive partner? Why did Finley go behind the net? Was the play he was running require him that deep? What was the strategy involved?

Or did he just get beat on that one play? Even the best D get beat. Genoway gets beat all the time.

The fact is, who knows.

And according to Brad's blog, Finley was playing with a seperated shoulder. Seriously... how much hockey can you all play with a seperated shoulder?

Hextall played with a broken foot. Wow.

Think about this VV was playing at a high level with a seperated shoulder, one of the guys I sit next to pointed that out during the MTU series and then I noticed that when he was hit people sometimes he would go to the bench and sit down and the trainer would talk to him at the final five.