Pos Name Team Ht Wt Yr Hometown Votes

F Jordan Schroeder Minnesota 5-9 180 Fr Prior Lake, MN

F Joe Colborne Denver 6-5 195 Fr Calgary, AB

F Mike Connolly Minnesota Duluth 5-8 180 Fr Calgary, AB

D Patrick Wiercioch Denver 6-4 185 Fr Maple Grove, BC

D Jake Gardiner Wisconsin 6-2 181 Fr Minnetonka, MN

G Brad Eidsness UND 6-0 175 Fr Chestermere, AB

I cannot believe that Mcbain won player of the year. That is a joke

6 goals 22 assists in league play, and didn't someone say he was among the worst in +- in the country? Maybe he is a good player on his team but WCHA player of the year? I don't even think he was player of the year on his team!!

how can you win player of the year and not win defensive player of the year?

i hear you but we all know it doesnt work like that. they are gona spread the awards out making sense or not :glare: im happy with the awards and how they were displaced. i dont agree with mcbain winning poy but oh well. the others look dead on. the roy was a 3 way battle and i would have agreed with any of the 3 winning it......... go sioux

back to your mcbain question :D because he isnt as good on the defensive end i guess but looked at more valuable overall from coaches, players, sid's and media members :(

I cannot believe that Mcbain won player of the year. That is a joke

6 goals 22 assists in league play, and didn't someone say he was among the worst in +- in the country? Maybe he is a good player on his team but WCHA player of the year? I don't even think he was player of the year on his team!!

I agree definately a joke.

Check out UWs website with McBain as a "legit" Hobey canditate. http://www.uwbadgers.com/congrats.aspx?url...amp;sportID=119

McBain was a -9 overall for ALL games on the season. And he's the MVP of the WCHA? He's not on MT, those numbers scream at me saying that he's poor defensively.

Check out UWs website with McBain as a "legit" Hobey canditate. http://www.uwbadgers.com/congrats.aspx?url...amp;sportID=119

McBain was a -9 overall for ALL games on the season. And he's the MVP of the WCHA? He's not on MT, those numbers scream at me saying that he's poor defensively.

I agree. I'm not sure what the stats are on our team... but as an upperclassmen defensemen your +/- rating, IMO, should be above zero. His being that low leads me to believe that he's not doing his job very well... but what do I know?

EDIT: So I did my own research:

Chay Genoway: +7

Joe Finley: +6

Derrick LaPoint: -1

Zach Jones: +2

Ben Blood: +10

Corey Finehage: -3 (9 GP)

For those interested, VandeVelde leads the team with a +15

thats why he wasnt DPY :D:glare:

No Jordan Pearce? or Ryan Duncan?! How can't Duncan be a finalist??? Maybe I'm just really bias, but a team captain with 46 pts on the season for the #1 team in the WCHA, why wouldn't he be picked?

I agree with Wilson, Lamoureux for sure.

I don't agree with Caporusso (Palushaj should be here, +25 compared to +11, 48pts compared to 46). And of couse don't agree with McBain.

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncaa/news/story?id=3995791

I like those finalists better. Just my opinion.

im surprised that stoa's not on there also. he's a hell of a player, and one of the only reasons the goofs even have a fighting chance to make the ncaas. i know we are all pretty biased here, but think duncs deserved to make the top ten, wouldn't have been top three, but he is definately top ten. the gilroy kid from bu has been getting alot of love too, i actually think he may make it over wilson into the hobey hattrick (one of the two for sure, but i doubt both). i know the goalie theissen from northeastern is a favorite over there. i would like to see lamoureux round out the hattrick, but i can see caporusso getting the nod over him.

How can't Duncan be a finalist??? Maybe I'm just really bias, but a team captain with 46 pts on the season for the #1 team in the WCHA, why wouldn't he be picked?

duncs has 37 points, stoa has 46. i think they should both be there and neither are. i am with you on that one. duncs first half hurt him with a little lower point total, and i think the goofs team success (or lack there of) hurt stoa?

im surprised that stoa's not on there also. he's a hell of a player, and one of the only reasons the goofs even have a fighting chance to make the ncaas. i know we are all pretty biased here, but think duncs deserved to make the top ten, wouldn't have been top three, but he is definately top ten. the gilroy kid from bu has been getting alot of love too, i actually think he may make it over wilson into the hobey hattrick (one of the two for sure, but i doubt both). i know the goalie theissen from northeastern is a favorite over there. i would like to see lamoureux round out the hattrick, but i can see caporusso getting the nod over him.

stoa is the gophers. without him they are easily a bottom 5 team this year which they almost ended up anyhow. he wouldnt have won it but deserved a top 10

No Jordan Pearce? or Ryan Duncan?! How can't Duncan be a finalist??? Maybe I'm just really bias, but a team captain with 46 pts on the season for the #1 team in the WCHA, why wouldn't he be picked?

I agree with Wilson, Lamoureux for sure.

I don't agree with Caporusso (Palushaj should be here, +25 compared to +11, 48pts compared to 46). And of couse don't agree with McBain.

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncaa/news/story?id=3995791

I like those finalists better. Just my opinion.

you are worng on your duncan stats. i dont think he was a top 10 hobey guy, he had 37 points. i mean we all know how valuable he is to the sioux but he isnt a top hobey contender this season. maybe duncan in top 10 but thats a stretch to me. stoa i would say for sure as he is all the gophers have and he is a a big reason that top line clicks

colin wilson will win this and deserving and i agree Palushaj should be on the list. ill pull for lamoureux all the way :glare: hope he gets in the hobey hattrick for frozen 4 fridays ceremonies

you are worng on your duncan stats. i dont think he was a top 10 hobey guy, he had 37 points. i mean we all know how valuable he is to the sioux but he isnt a top hobey contender this season. maybe duncan in top 10 but thats a stretch to me. stoa i would say for sure as he is all the gophers have and he is a a big reason that top line clicks

colin wilson will win this and deserving and i agree Palushaj should be on the list. ill pull for lamoureux all the way :glare: hope he gets in the hobey hattrick for frozen 4 fridays ceremonies

I'll definitely pull for Lameroux all the way. He's had a great season at Air Force, and he's part of our extended Sioux family. ;-)

Eidsness should have been higher than 3rd team. He performed in a fashion similar to Bachman last year, but received very little recognition. Of course, with the year Bachman had this season, maybe it's good Brad didn't receive much! :glare:

What goalie was tied for GAA and led in winning percentage.

Yeah, I'd take heavy chevy before Eids. NOT.

Edit: Just checked the stats. Eids beat chevy in GAA average, but pretty close.

Eids would have tied Chevy in save %age with 6 more sales. On the other hand Chevy would have about tied Eids's winning percentage with 2 1/2 wins.

I'm taking the 2 1/2 wins we got out of Eids, everytime.

What goalie was tied for GAA and led in winning percentage.

Yeah, I'd take heavy chevy before Eids. NOT.

Edit: Just checked the stats. Eids beat chevy in GAA average, but pretty close.

Eids would have tied Chevy in save %age with 6 more sales. On the other hand Chevy would have about tied Eids's winning percentage with 2 1/2 wins.

I'm taking the 2 1/2 wins we got out of Eids, everytime.

sweet, whats BE selling these days? :glare::D

NU fans on USCHO and HFBoards have already ordained Thiessen the Hobey winner. Their reasoning: He won HE player of the Year so it doesn't make sense that another HE player should win the Hobey over him. And so what if his numbers are nowhere near the bar that Ryan Miller set, doesn't matter because Thiessen is going to be the one to win to set the bar lower.