SiouxSports.com Forum

Congrats NDSU

jloos

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wow! What a game and congrats to SU on the "dance"! FIRST time ever I've cheered for SU. My kids were wondering what was going on. I said to them do as I say, not as I do!

I don't mind b-ball....I used to love it, but that has diminished every year since MJ retired.

I'm not going to watch the NDSU game. Not gonna support them. Hope they fail miserably. Why? I don't go to school there. I'm not a North Dakota native. And, I hate their fan base's attitude. I have no hard feelings against someone that may feel the same about a team I like, so if you are a Bison fan, please don't be offended....not that I'd care anyways.

I don't mind b-ball....I used to love it, but that has diminished every year since MJ retired.

I'm not going to watch the NDSU game. Not gonna support them. Hope they fail miserably. Why? I don't go to school there. I'm not a North Dakota native. And, I hate their fan base's attitude. I have no hard feelings against someone that may feel the same about a team I like, so if you are a Bison fan, please don't be offended....not that I'd care anyways.

Then you also don't support the state of North Dakota.

Thats a bit of a reach...........a person doesn't support NDSU so they don't support the entire state?

Personally, I'm glad they won because it gives us all hope that we can make the "dance" when our time arrives. I'm still not thrilled about never playing for National titles ever again but I guess just being a part of the tourney will have to do.

Had SU lost, my heart wouldn't have been broken. The fan base in Fargo rubs me wrong most of the time. I'm thrilled for the kids, their coaches, coach miles (he had a big part in this), and the student body at NDSU. Their adult fans who I need to read on this board.......wouldn't have bothered me a bit to make them watch the NIT.

Depends on what it is. There's no reason for me to care about NDSU. As a state, I don't mind supporting ND, but what gain does the state have by me supporting NDSU b-ball?

Depends on what it is. There's no reason for me to care about NDSU. As a state, I don't mind supporting ND, but what gain does the state have by me supporting NDSU b-ball?

I cheer for UND athletics except when they play NDSU, because I support the state of ND and I want those who represent the state to do well.

this was only the second time I can ever remember hearing and seeing UND fans cheer for NDSU, the other was in Oct of 2006 when they played the gophers and almost won when their last second field goal attempt was blocked. I was at Buffalo Wild Wings in Grand Forks and it was a weird sight seeing people in Sioux hockey jerseys(the Sioux played Maine that night) cheering for the Bison.

WOW, here I thought we had something here. I, as a HUGE NDSU fan have always supported UND hockey, b/c we don't have it here. I expected some bad attitude from some UND fans, Dave K, didn't expect anything less from you. BUT, this is bigger than you jokers, this IS DI basketball. This is the first for the state, this is it fellas, we made it, the Big Dance. Just let it go for a second and recognize. I'm posting this not as a ndsu/und thing, but really, wow, let us have our 15 minutes.

I'm curious where Big A HG is from?

WOW, here I thought we had something here. I, as a HUGE NDSU fan have always supported UND hockey, b/c we don't have it here. I expected some bad attitude from some UND fans, Dave K, didn't expect anything less from you. BUT, this is bigger than you jokers, this IS DI basketball. This is the first for the state, this is it fellas, we made it, the Big Dance. Just let it go for a second and recognize. I'm posting this not as a ndsu/und thing, but really, wow, let us have our 15 minutes.

Come on man don't come on a Sioux board and act shocked to see this. You guys had to know that not all Sioux fans where going to be supportive of your win. It does go both ways. Even though you support Sioux hockey suprisingly enough there are bison fans who really take pleasure in it losing and are constantly putting down hockey every chance they get. I don't think calling Sioux fans jokers is a great way to make your point either. What do you want people to do write a check to Teammakers to show how happy they are for you?

I personally am excited to watch the bison in the dance and think that your program is full of class from the coaches all the way down the line to the water boy but it is not required for everyone in North Dakota to feel that way. I think all your players have handled themselves very well in interviews after the game and throughout the day today and that besides winning is also something to be very proud of. I just don't think you expecting everyone from everywhere to be overcome with joy that the bison made the dance is realistic. Last time I checked all of bisonville wasn't excited when UND has success in something. A majority though usually are but everyone is entitled to their opinion. I'll say it again, good luck to the bison in the tournament. Like an majority of the "jokers" on this site, I will be watching and rooting for the bison but apparently that is not good enough for you.

I cheer for UND athletics except when they play NDSU, because I support the state of ND and I want those who represent the state to do well.

I'm from Wisconsin, not North Dakota. I don't mind North Dakota, and I wish the state all the best. There are no hard feelings from me against ND like many others have (except winter....when does it end?!? :silly: )

I don't care about Red River. I don't care about Central. I don't care about any other high school. I don't care about U of Mary. I don't care about Mayville State. I don't care about NDSU. Heck, I don't even care much for other UND sports besides hockey. Why? My heart resides in Wisconsin. I was born and bred Badgers, Packers, and Brewers. I didn't grow up a hockey fan so I have no love affair with Wisconsin hockey. Sioux hockey grew on me and I love it more than any of my other sports teams growing up.

Why should I root for a team from a state I'm not from, in a city I've never lived in, from a school I never attended, and from a school that is a rival to the one I attend? There's no reason. It's not a big deal for a school to make a tournament of 65 teams. If you don't win, it doesn't matter. Just like our Frozen Fours in hockey. They are meaningless. We didn't win, so we were losers just like everyone else besides the championship team. NDSU isn't going to win, so even if I didn't dislike them, there's no point in hoping they win knowing they won't.

When I came here, no one had to tell me there was a rivalry between UND and NDSU. I found it out on my own from encountering doorknobs who feel the need to run their mouths when I'm minding my own business. I know everyone is not like that, and I know there are UND fans like that alike. But it still stems a bad vibe in my mind about a school that I don't like.

I have no problems with you disagreeing with what I think. I expected it. I just don't understand why you care so much. I'm sure you're a nice person and all, and someone I could probably have a beer with and talk sports with for an hour and have a good time...but I'm going to continue my thought process on the situation.

It's sports. The fun is rooting for your favorite team, and against the ones you don't like. It's not like NDSU is our military protecting our country and I'm rooting against them. It's a basketball team.

I learned a long time ago that as a male I could not tell my wife what a labor pain felt like. Admittedly, I offered my opinion - but I do understand that its not realistic. In the same vein as a born and bred North Dakotan (now living elsewhere) I have found that it is hard for outsiders (non North Dakotans) to understand the pride that we feel for that which represents our state. It's not just a game - its a team from North Dakota. Yes, we will fight like jealous siblings internally - but put one of us against an outsider and we are like those same siblings fighting the school bully! Some may remember the days of Virgil Hill - our Olympian boxer. If so, you also remember the Nodak pride that he carried. Not many other champs carried their state flag into the boxing ring! But that is who we are! Perhaps it is due to being the butt of several weather or buffalo common jokes - but whatever it is - its a bond that not many outsiders or some of us for that matter, can understand - but it is what it is and I think that it is healthy.

NDSU...That is a 4 letter abreviation that evokes many , many feelings. I played against the Bison, for 5 years (including redshirt). I personaly can not cheer for them. YES, it is admirable that a school like NDSU can make it to the big dance, yet, I can not feel good about them winning anything. Call me narrow minded, call me childish, I just don't feel I will ever cheer for the Bison. Not in a sport, not in academics, nothing.

As for the Gophers vs NDSU...I could care less. I dislike both teams.

Anytime we lost to a team in the playoffs, deep inside I wished for their defeat at the hands of others. Back in my day you never cheered for the Bison, Nebraska Omaha, Northern Colorado. Sorry folks, I can not be exited about their success, They were my rivals, will always be my rivals.

SO, as for NDSU, ...I hope they get blown away on their first game. That simple.

Fair enough. We will be expecting many well wishes once the NCAA Hockey Tournament starts from all Bison fans who frequent this board. Sound good? Hopefully there will also be a separate thread started at Bisonville wishing the Sioux Hockey team the best of luck at the tournament.

It's pretty simple folks: you either support the state of North Dakota and therefore want those who represent the state to do well in front of a national audience....or you don't care.

A couple here have made up their mind that they don't care about the state of ND. Fine, thanks for your honesty.

NDSU...That is a 4 letter abreviation that evokes many , many feelings. I played against the Bison, for 5 years (including redshirt). I personaly can not cheer for them.

JGT, I remember when you were the field goal kicker for UND and I kind of miss the old days where the Sioux used to play the Bison in football. I agree with you, I will and could never ever, ever cheer for NDSU in anything. They Bison logo to is me is as offensive as the Gopher "M" I can't wait till the Sioux and the Bison can play in football again. So I could care less how NDSU does in the Basketball tourney.

I am also waiting for McFeely to say this is a huge story even bigger the Sioux. :silly:

It's pretty simple folks: you either support the state of North Dakota and therefore want those who represent the state to do well in front of a national audience....or you don't care.

A couple here have made up their mind that they don't care about the state of ND. Fine, thanks for your honesty.

Wow, thanks for the insight Captain Obvious... :silly:

I'd love for the state of ND to do well, I just can't stand the Bison. I can appreciate the fact that they made it, and its gonna be pretty cool watching them play. But I really, really, really dislike NDSU.

I just want to make it loud and crystal clear that you don't support the state of ND.

Trying to think of a nice way to say this, but I am having a tough time doing so. Anyways, here it goes:

Dumb comments. :silly:

I'd love for the state of ND to do well, I just can't stand the Bison. I can appreciate the fact that they made it, and its gonna be pretty cool watching them play. But I really, really, really dislike NDSU.

I can understand not rooting for NDSU when they play UND. That's completely understandable.

But to not root for a fellow North Dakota school when they're on a national stage, representing North Dakota?

That's like Rush saying he wants Obama to fail.

Will you root for the NDSCS men's bball team at the national JC tournament? I know I will.