SiouxSports.com Forum

Sioux on TV next week against UW?

undchris

You know, if Midco could have picked up the UAA feed last weekend, does anyone know if we will be getting the UW feed? Usually I can pick up those games on digital cable, but they are not on any of the Fox Sports channels that I can pick up?

In the UND vs. BADgers thread i think someone said that FSSN picked up a Wisconson game last year. I think we justhave to wait and see.

Yep, last year Midcontinent(cable) picked up the Wisconsin series and broadcasted it in almost all of there viewing area. They picked up the My Madison TV feed of the games. It's a local station. They will be televised on this same station so here's to hoping Midcontinent picks the games up again!

While it was on the FSSN channel I don't believe those who watch Sioux home games using satellite weren't able to watch since it was picked up by Midcontinent and not produced by FSSN. Please correct if I'm mistaken.

I saw BADgers hockey on an NHL station(DirecTV) but can't remember which one (pretty sure it was in the 200s though)... :( .

Nothing scheduled for this upcoming series. Nothing on the FCS channels, Big Ten Network, or CSTV either.

I have been seeking to try and find if this game will be available somewhere as well!

Check out this website:

http://www.bigtennetwork.com/sports/hockey/schedules.asp

It shows BOTH games (friday night 3/6 at 8pm, saturday night 3/7 at 9pm). I checked my program guide (direcTV) for the big ten network, and it shows basketball on friday and saturday night (although there are some big 10 alternate channels which do not have programming information, so perhaps closer to game day maybe something will show up)?

I sure am hoping to get to see these games. Sounds like even if FSSN picks up the feed, that would be for cable subscribers only (not those of us watching on FTA satellite).

I have been seeking to try and find if this game will be available somewhere as well!

Check out this website:

http://www.bigtennetwork.com/sports/hockey/schedules.asp

It shows BOTH games (friday night 3/6 at 8pm, saturday night 3/7 at 9pm). I checked my program guide (direcTV) for the big ten network, and it shows basketball on friday and saturday night (although there are some big 10 alternate channels which do not have programming information, so perhaps closer to game day maybe something will show up)?

I sure am hoping to get to see these games. Sounds like even if FSSN picks up the feed, that would be for cable subscribers only (not those of us watching on FTA satellite).

That looks to me to just be a list of the scores/schedules of all the Big 10 teams that have hockey programs, not a TV schedule for the BTN.

Edit: If you look to the right, it indicates which games were on the BTN. The Sioux/Badgers game are not listed as being shown on BTN.

That looks to me to just be a list of the scores/schedules of all the Big 10 teams that have hockey programs, not a TV schedule for the BTN.

Edit: If you look to the right, it indicates which games were on the BTN. The Sioux/Badgers game are not listed as being shown on BTN.

Thanks for the reality check. I know now to stop looking for the games to be on BTN!

I did see LaCrosse WKBT MNT (digital 8.2) has the game on the schedule. Being in Rochester MN, I am fringe to pick up Wisconsin stations (LaCrosse and Eua Claire). I have been playing with the antenna to see if I might be able to pick it up that way. When I first got my HDTV, I had scanned in 8.2, but no luck picking it up tonight! Very likely has to be ideal conditions for me to pickup that signal. I may be spinning the antenna Friday night to see if I can pick it up that way if nothing else (even if I can find it on a fuzzy analog signal is better than nothing).

I can't remember the last time the Sioux/Badgers at the Kohl weren't on FSN North alternate. It sure looks right now that the games will not be televised outside the Wisco area this weekend.

Under "Upcoming Games" on the UW website, they show "web stream" - so it looks like they do have a streaming video option?

KABL - a local station carried in metropolitan minny - carries WCHA hockey every weekend but I never know who is playing until the air time.

Charter cable has been broadcasting games for Minnesota-based teams for most of the season...typically you see Mankato, St Cloud, and Duluth home games on this channel (Gofers have their own channel)

Becasue these games are in Wisky-junction, it's not likely you will see the Sioux game here...

Charter cable has been broadcasting games for Minnesota-based teams for most of the season...typically you see Mankato, St Cloud, and Duluth home games on this channel (Gofers have their own channel)

Becasue these games are in Wisky-junction, it's not likely you will see the Sioux game here...

I never thought we'd see the AA games either, so I'm not giving up hope.

To me it seems there is absolutely no excuse for these games not to be on FSSN. How much cost is really involved in having the TV broadcast in Wisconsin beam the signal over here? I'm sure that channel 23's viewership increases a hundred fold when the Sioux are on and it would also mean a lot more exposure for the Wisconsin channel and for their advertisers.

I can't remember the last time the Sioux/Badgers at the Kohl weren't on FSN North alternate. It sure looks right now that the games will not be televised outside the Wisco area this weekend.

Exactly. It's been a long time since they have not been televised on fsn wi.

To me it seems there is absolutely no excuse for these games not to be on FSSN. How much cost is really involved in having the TV broadcast in Wisconsin beam the signal over here? I'm sure that channel 23's viewership increases a hundred fold when the Sioux are on and it would also mean a lot more exposure for the Wisconsin channel and for their advertisers.

it costs more than you think.

The games will be televised all over Wisconsin on My Network TV. There will also be a free web-stream live during the game which is the feed that they show on the jumbo tron. They dub in the radio announcers. They don't shut off the radio announcers mics in between commercials so sometimes it's kind of funny to hear what they are saying to each other when they think they are off the air.

The games will be televised all over Wisconsin on My Network TV. There will also be a free web-stream live during the game which is the feed that they show on the jumbo tron. They dub in the radio announcers. They don't shut off the radio announcers mics in between commercials so sometimes it's kind of funny to hear what they are saying to each other when they think they are off the air.

Do you have a link for that one chuck? Thanks in advace.