SiouxSports.com Forum

SIOUX @ BADgers

AZSIOUX

• Replies 190
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What happened to Gregoire? i am assuming it is an injury?

Also does anybody know how Miller is doing, rumour is he played hurt against CC, does anybody have more on these?? :lol:

Any info would be great, Thanks!!

gregoire got a little banged up sat vs cc and didnt play sunday. wasnt said what it was but doesnt sound major

miller played sunday so he is fine as nothing has been said otherwise

In my opinion Davidson should go on the trip. We need !00% healthy not somebody who's shoulder might go out on the first shift. Hakstol's comments aftrr last weeks game was that nobody works harder than Davey so mauybe he sould be rewarded by being allowed to play.

if gregoire is for sure out then davidson and toews go as you need a extra forward no matter what and fienhage goes as the extra d man

if gregoire is a question then hak will choose the player he feels best about and both have showed nice things but toews has been slowed by injuries here and there

It sounded like Gregoire's injury wasn't too serious, as he did skate in warm-ups on Saturday. So hopefully he can make the trip, but if not I have faith that Hakstol will get the lines going well. :lol:

It sucks when Jason is out, so it was nice to see the team get a tough win without him on Sunday.

Anyone know how tough will it be to find a single for Friday's game? I'm making the journey from Duluth for the game.

Wisconsin usually isn't sold out, but this could be an exception. I see they sold out against the Gophers before Christmas which might be similar as far as fan interest.

One thing I don't like about this weekend is how many people are thinking that our winning the Cup is a forgone conclusion and counting the Badgers out. I can see the Badgers being a very dangerous team this weekend as they are a wounded animal.

One thing I don't like about this weekend is how many people are thinking that our winning the Cup is a forgone conclusion and counting the Badgers out. I can see the Badgers being a very dangerous team this weekend as they are a wounded animal.

they are very dangerous and down right now which makes them even more dangerous but i have full confidence this team knows whats at stake and will get the job done friday then saturday will be very important as well for pairwise purposes both ways.

I see one of three things happening this weekend:

1. UW plays tough, desperate hockey and gives the Sioux two very close games that could go either way.

2. UND wins by a few goals on Friday night to clinch, and then UW wins on Sat as they will have more to play for.

3. UW mails it in and the Sioux take the sweep.

I would think that #1 would happen, but part of me is not as certain being that UW should have been playing that way the last couple weekends against MSUM and DU. They have one point in their last 4 WCHA games.

I think this will be Eids biggest mental test of the year so far, from the standpoint of playing in front of a tough road crowd. The UW student section is seated right behind him periods 1 and 3, aiming every imaginable chant at him. Hopefully he keeps them out of his head and settles in nicely Friday.

I see one of three things happening this weekend:

1. UW plays tough, desperate hockey and gives the Sioux two very close games that could go either way.

2. UND wins by a few goals on Friday night to clinch, and then UW wins on Sat as they will have more to play for.

3. UW mails it in and the Sioux take the sweep.

I would think that #1 would happen, but part of me is not as certain being that UW should have been playing that way the last couple weekends against MSUM and DU. They have one point in their last 4 WCHA games.

I'll go with number 1. As far as the last statement I think the only game they mailed it in was the Sat game against DU. Fri night against DU they outplayed DU convincingly but lost real late. Last weekend they had some issues with the refs and video replays of goals.

I say that the Badgers come out and stun us Friday. Then Saturday, the Badgers get over-confident despite their reason swoon, and get hammered by the woken-up Sioux in front of a tense Sioux fan audience watching across the country. Denver gets an early 2 goal lead to make things really interesting with us in a 3-2 battle against UW late in the game.

I say that the Badgers come out and stun us Friday. Then Saturday, the Badgers get over-confident despite their reason swoon, and get hammered by the woken-up Sioux in front of a tense Sioux fan audience watching across the country. Denver gets an early 2 goal lead to make things really interesting with us in a 3-2 battle against UW late in the game.

I could see this scenario happening.

MacNaughton Cup

From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Jump to: navigation, search

The MacNaughton Cup is a trophy awarded annually to the regular season conference champion of the Western Collegiate Hockey Association (WCHA). The trophy is named after James MacNaughton of Calumet, Michigan, who was an avid supporter of amateur ice hockey. The Cup is hand crafted of pure silver and stands almost three-feet high and weighs nearly 40 pounds