SiouxSports.com Forum

SIOUX @ UAA

AZSIOUX

• Replies 423
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't understand all the bitching. Sioux are playing very hard. They haven't matched up well against UAA the last couple years - they're big and can skate and they do an outstanding job clogging up the neutral zone.

I don't question the work ethic.

I question why we weren't simply playing the type of game that would beat the defensive system. You can't play a finesse game in a physical contest. Hakstol realizes this otherwise he would have rested up Hextall and played Toews instead.

If they clog the neutral zone, then we have to crack that and simply get the puck on net any way we can.

Genoway won the game tonight because he simply shot the puck and didn't worry about how pretty it was going to be.

It was a garbage goal, plain and simple. Aided by the fact that Christianson lost track of the puck. But it counts just as much as the prettiest goal.

That's my point.

Genoway won the game tonight because he simply shot the puck and didn't worry about how pretty it was going to be.

He really didn't have a choice, he had a wide open net. :silly:

Gregoire, Hextall, and Duncan were the ones doing the dirty work down low crashing the net, and then it popped out to him in the slot.

He really didn't have a choice, he had a wide open net. :silly:

Gregoire, Hextall, and Duncan were the ones doing the dirty work down low crashing the net, and then it popped out to him in the slot.

The GHD line was gettin' in the zone all night. They were the ones generating the chances.

i loved seeing this type of win tonight for 1 reason. we didnt have 1 WIN when scoring 2 or less goals this season. every once in a while you need this type when you arent firing on all cylinders. see a big win tomorrow night after this one. BE was the man along with genoway. gritty win!!