SiouxSports.com Forum

SIOUX @ UAA

AZSIOUX

this is the release and where it will be shown, if not then its free on webcast through uaa site

The GCI production will be made available on channel 23 Grand Forks and in the immediate Grand Forks viewing area, which includes the East Grand Forks, Grand Forks Air Force Base, Drayton, Grafton, Minto, Manvel, Larimore, Crookston, Thompson, Reynolds, Buxton, Hatton, Mayville, Portland, Hillsboro, Galesburg and Grandin.

Looking ahead - I wonder what the TV/webcast situation will be for the Wisconsin series - the Cup may be on the line.

It looks like Charter Wisconsin will be covering those games in Madison, not FSN Wisco.

http://www.collegehockeynews.com/news/tvsked.php

• Replies 153
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Looking ahead - I wonder what the TV/webcast situation will be for the Wisconsin series - the Cup may be on the line.

It looks like Charter Wisconsin will be covering those games in Madison, not FSN Wisco.

http://www.collegehockeynews.com/news/tvsked.php

Lets hope that they get a deal done here. I did hear that Midco bought Charter this spring.

Lets hope that they get a deal done here. I did hear that Midco bought Charter this spring.

Yeah . . . that's been somewhat non-existent so far. They did purchase some northern MN Charter companies, but haven't done anything yet - supossedly come March they start moving the needle. It's kind of a black hole right now.

Yeah . . . that's been somewhat non-existent so far. They did purchase some northern MN Charter companies, but haven't done anything yet - supossedly come March they start moving the needle. It's kind of a black hole right now.

maybe this is where we start flooding the email box of Midco for that one as well.

Perhaps a question to which I probably know the answer but will those with FTA satellites be able to get these as well?

Or is the satellite in play only when the signal is beaming out of The Ralphie?

I don't think the REA will uplink this to the FSSN transponder. You can get GCI with an FTA system, but it is C band, so you'd need a big dish and C LNB to scan it in.

I would guess Midco's big dish that gets stations in the GF area will be turned to the appropriate satellite, whereever that is. I'd guess to get it to all midcontinent and FSSN areas, many dishes would have to be turned, and Midco is choosing to turn just one. I know it's a lost cause to try and get the cable company in northwestern ND to turn a dish and pick up GCI (NCCRay at Ray, ND).

I'd also guess the REA has a big dish and maybe the equipment to get the signal, how they uplink that to the FSSN transponder I don't know. But I suppose they'd have to have some sort of clearance from GCI to do it (like Midco does).

or maybe Midco paid the rights to show it in Grand Forks area only :huh:

Basically they paid some rights fee to GCI and are plucking it out of the sky. If they try and rebroadcast it on FSSN then there is some extra issues

-they have to pay for the transponder space for G11

-they probably would have to pay more to GCI cable

-they need to remodulate it and resend it out

or maybe Midco paid the rights to show it in Grand Forks area only :huh:

Basically they paid some rights fee to GCI and are plucking it out of the sky. If they try and rebroadcast it on FSSN then there is some extra issues

-they have to pay for the transponder space for G11

-they probably would have to pay more to GCI cable

-they need to remodulate it and resend it out

So on what satellite and what transponder do you find GCI?

The station that shows the UAA games is like a public access type channel. Technically its "GCI Cable Channel 1" and they show ads during the day, jewelry late at night (late at night for say us...midnight) and various sporting events like UAA hockey games, Fairbanks games, the Great Alaska Shootout, indoor football (yes they have 2 teams in Alaska) and the state bb tournaments. They also show some public access type stuff too. Kinda a weird channel if you ask me :D

Makes it fun (and weird) to flip between a hockey game from Alaska and a bb game from Hawai'i late at night :huh:

Now for the rest of the state, where do we go to watch the games. I live in Mandan and would love to watch. Any ideas??

For Sports Bars with big dishes and C band, including Sensors in the TC, I believe this is the satellite info:

AMC 7 (137W)

FR 3760

SR 25192

H

Scans in as program 7 along with 360 North (360 North is apparently AC3 audio). The station is apparently powered 24/7 so it can be scanned anytime.

I'd try the Stadium in Bismarck to see if they have the right equipment.

So, do we know if Sensor's in Bloomington will have the games this w/e ?

from what I've heard they may not be able to due to the dish setup (satellite is pretty far west and at a pretty low elevation). I know my dish is about 4 inches above the ground when aimed there

i notice they are predicting a certain wcha team with a hostile and abusive rodent mascot didn't make their 4X4 this week.

its probably a correct prediction on how all teams are playing as of today regarding und, du, uw, umd and umtc

cant wait til tomorrow night for the sioux game but then the uw/du and cc/umtc games as well with so much on the line right now. great college hockey weekend in the wcha

its probably a correct prediction on how all teams are playing as of today regarding und, du, uw, umd and umtc

cant wait til tomorrow night for the sioux game but then the uw/du and cc/umtc games as well with so much on the line right now. great college hockey weekend in the wcha

I hope we DOMINATE the next 3 weekends to make a point to the incompetent fools at INCH. That they don't know what they're talking about.

I hope we DOMINATE the next 3 weekends to make a point to the incompetent fools at INCH. That they don't know what they're talking about.

well they have us as a 2 seed in the ncaa tourney right now if the season ended today so im not sure how thats a bad thing if thats what you are referring to as thats a pat on the back for how the sioux are playing right now. or are referring to thm picking the sioux 7th in pre season? i personally couldnt care less about that. i say we go 4-1-1 and 5-1 at best with 1 loss in madison.