SiouxSports.com Forum

Al's bus to Wisconsin

YaneA

I heard from Al that is bus is filled for the trip to Wisconsin to see the Fighting Sioux, led by our freshman goaltender, "The Eids of March,"* play the BADgers. FYI, Al's Pals will be staying at the Hilton, the team hotel. The Kohl is cool but those Badger fans' antics can really grate on one's nerves. Amazing, however, how many of the crowd get into the choreography and chorale. It must be seen to be believed.

*And now I hear that Ides of March song "Vehicle" in my head. Is it just me or do you hear it now too? Damn earworm!

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I heard from Al that is bus is filled for the trip to Wisconsin to see the Fighting Sioux, led by our freshman goaltender, "The Eids of March,"* play the BADgers. FYI, Al's Pals will be staying at the Hilton, the team hotel. The Kohl is cool but those Badger fans' antics can really grate on one's nerves. Amazing, however, how many of the crowd get into the choreography and chorale. It must be seen to be believed.

*And now I hear that Ides of March song "Vehicle" in my head. Is it just me or do you hear it now too? Damn earworm!

Seems to me like the BADger fans are more interested in their 'choreography and chorale' than the game itself.

Seems to me like the BADger fans are more interested in their 'choreography and chorale' than the game itself.

I wouldn't say that at all....Wisconsin fans are as dedicated and loyal as they come and care as much about the game as any of the nursing home residents that attend the Ralph each weekend.

I wouldn't say that at all....Wisconsin fans are as dedicated and loyal as they come and care as much about the game as any of the nursing home residents that attend the Ralph each weekend.

I shouldn't have implied all the BADger fans seemed that way. I've only been to one game there and I can only base my opinion on the fans in my immediate area who were more into their jumping and clapping then what was actually going on on the ice. :huh:

I don't know about all the NH residents who come to the game, only those in my area. Yes, they're old and no, they aren't jumping up and down cheering and sieving with the rest of us but have no doubt, they are watching the game and they are 'true' Sioux fans. I've been going to games for almost 28 years and those old codgers have been going waaaay longer than I have.

I shouldn't have implied all the BADger fans seemed that way. I've only been to one game there and I can only base my opinion on the fans in my immediate area who were more into their jumping and clapping then what was actually going on on the ice. :huh:

I don't know about all the NH residents who come to the game, only those in my area. Yes, they're old and no, they aren't jumping up and down cheering and sieving with the rest of us but have no doubt, they are watching the game and they are 'true' Sioux fans. I've been going to games for almost 28 years and those old codgers have been going waaaay longer than I have.

Games like tonight are horrible to go to. Wisconsin is filled with those "old codgers" that have been going to games just as long, yet their whole arena sounds like a student section. There's no need to try and justify it, because it's just the flat-out truth that their old codgers don't act like they're going to die in the coming weeks. There's plenty of people who aren't "old codgers" that could very well make up for the lack of energy, but fail to do so as well.

I agree... and I'm from Madison...

And I bet the student section will be half full until the second period... and then they'll probably leave early too, especially if there is a basketball game as well.

EDIT: Well now this is interesting, UW Badgers Basketball Schedule

3/7/2009 TBA (time) Indiana Madison WI Kohl Center

How are both the basketball and hockey teams playing in the same arena on the same day? How long does it take to put down and pick up the basketball floor?

And I bet the student section will be half full until the second period... and then they'll probably leave early too, especially if there is a basketball game as well.

How are both the basketball and hockey teams playing in the same arena on the same day? How long does it take to put down and pick up the basketball floor?

How cool would it be to watch a BB game played on ice!!!

There's no good tickets there. All i keep getting is high in the upper bowl behind the one goal. I am trying my luck elsewhere and if I strike out everywhere else, I'm going to get those crappy tickets they have left.

Last year I was able to get good seats lower bowl behind the Sioux bench a couple days before the games. I believe these were reserved for Sioux players family/friends, and they released the unused tix.

There's no good tickets there. All i keep getting is high in the upper bowl behind the one goal. I am trying my luck elsewhere and if I strike out everywhere else, I'm going to get those crappy tickets they have left.

depending how high, those aren't bad at all.

Who all is going to the games in Madison? This is gonna be a HUGE series and I feel like we should have some sort of Sioux fan hangout/get together before the games. Anyone else think this is a good idea?

great idea. Last year there was a big shindig at State Street Brats put on by the alummni association for the regionals I believe.

great idea. Last year there was a big shindig at State Street Brats put on by the alummni association for the regionals I believe.

What else is down by the Kohl Center? Nitty Gritty.... where's the Great Dane downtown? I haven't been downtown in awhile since I'm up here in GF

What else is down by the Kohl Center? Nitty Gritty.... where's the Great Dane downtown? I haven't been downtown in awhile since I'm up here in GF

I haven't been downtown in two years myself, but the Dane is on the other side of the capitol. If I make it there on the way to a game, I usually make another stop closer to the Kohl Center.

Nitty Gritty is closest and will be jammed (tables are reserved for those eating, you're allowed to eat for 30 minutes then get kicked out so someone else can eat). That said, it's a fine place to stop for a drink. Vintage is also right there, and has an amusing theme of old-school beers (though was never similarly jammed when I was in town). We've stopped at Brothers, the Pub, and other State St haunts post-game many times.

The badger basket ball game has been moved to sunday... Here is a link to a video from 4 years ago when there was basket ball thursday and hockey friday/saturday and basketball game again on sunday...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PcNHljcyxGE

Esox