SiouxSports.com Forum

SIOUX vs MAVERICKS

AZSIOUX

Watching the replay of the UM/UAA game, Woog made a pretty sharp comment. With less than 2 minutes gone in the first, Christianson (goalie, UAA) made a great save and Woog said it was a game-saver.....and that it was!

yeah it was funny to listen to wooger say how uaa has decent spped blah blah blah and then they outwork the gophers with ease the last epriod and OT. kangas had a very solid game or the gophers would have dropped even more in the pairwise. droppin like a 6 year olds sack ;)

• Replies 265
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

yeah it was funny to listen to wooger say how uaa has decent spped blah blah blah and then they outwork the gophers with ease the last epriod and OT. kangas had a very solid game or the gophers would have dropped even more in the pairwise. droppin like a 6 year olds sack ;)

Wooger is so annoying...can't stand him at all!! i loved during the Gopher series how they said on the broadcast that the Goofs were one of 2 teams that had a winning record at the new Ralph....but then Mazacco mentioned that at the old Ralph they were like 1-14 or something in their last 15 games there. Of course there was about a 5 second moment of silence as we all knew who the coach was then....TOTALLY hilarious!!

I always hear about how bad the sioux fans are so here is a good story. I watched the game in the back row with nothing but msu fans. we were giving each other the business all night. we were having fun. they would do something good and use our chants and vice versa. we went up four to one and i did the olay olay olay chant thinking we were still having fun and guess what happened. a msu fan shoved me down while i was walking down the stairs. goes to show you we are 't so bad

I always hear about how bad the sioux fans are so here is a good story. I watched the game in the back row with nothing but msu fans. we were giving each other the business all night. we were having fun. they would do something good and use our chants and vice versa. we went up four to one and i did the olay olay olay chant thinking we were still having fun and guess what happened. a msu fan shoved me down while i was walking down the stairs. goes to show you we are 't so bad

The Landcow fans have nothing to even bark over...They have no hockey history and have never won !@#$ in the history of their sorry hockey program. At least the Goofs fans have a leg to stand on although they are the most annoying of them all....Just tune out the landcow fans.....it was probably one of the kids dads

every team has idiot fans including ours. next time that happens we will beat that persons azz.......go sioux

I also a Mankato fan after the game trying to pick a fight with Sioux fans. There were a couple of Sioux fans waiting to use the elevator and one of them said something about the Mavs losing. It wasn't even directed at the guy walking by i don't think. The Mavs fan just goes off and tries to get in the elevator to fight all the sioux fans in there. Luckily another Mavs fan stepped in and held him out of the elevator and looked embarrassed as hell and he didn't even know the guy. Anyways the point I'm trying to get at is that you have to expect when you travel to away games that ur going to get some grief after your team loses. You don't have to go off on people everytime you hear that crap. I'm sure that guy has never said anything to opposing fans after they won at home.

What section were you sitting in? 311?

dam that national anthem was AWFUL

Well, you think it was bad.......you shoulda been there. ;)

Note to people who arrange National Anthem singers:

Groups are good (Fall Creek, Sweet Adelines, etc.)

SOME soloists are good (I'm thinking the about the big blond guy. Someone help me with his name.)

I also would like to hear the National Anthem from the crowd. Put up the words for those who may need them, and let us sing!

SOME soloists are good (I'm thinking the about the big blond guy. Someone help me with his name.)

I also would like to hear the National Anthem from the crowd. Put up the words for those who may need them, and let us sing!

The anthem singer over sang last night and with the national anthem they really need to just sing it the way it was written.

All of this ad lib stuff really chaps my ass, it is unnecessay. This is our countries song and we don't need to make it a rock anthem or a country song.

Maybe just have the band play the Anthem and let the fans sing along like Siouxmama suggested seems to be a really good idea. I am getting tired of the weekly random anthem singers. Last night singer was brutal and hurt my head.

His name is Dane... and I agree on having the crowd sing... I think that'd be awesome!

Brutal is too kind for last night's rendition of the national anthem. This is not an audition for American Idol. The singer should be leading the crowd, but there is no way anyone can sing along with that type of garbage. I don't believe that I have ever heard the Canadian national anthem being butchered like that, which is maybe one reason the Canadians sing along with theirs so well. I do intend to email The Ralph, as it is getting to the point where I cringe for the national anthem there. I am relieved when they announce a group, because I know it has to be reasonably straight up then.

Well, you think it was bad.......you shoulda been there. :huh:

Marcoux (sp?) Corner and Megan Werva (at about age 13) have delivered the best renditions at Sioux sporting events in my opinion. The anthem is not a tear-jerking, gut wrenching torch song nor should it be infused with peanut-shells-on-the-floor- country bar- karoke stylings. Simple is best.

Question: With all the technology, why does REA have lousy replay efforts? I understand that while the ref's are reviewing a play, they don't want it playing on the overhead. That being said, once the ref's make their decision, why can't the replay then be shown? We don't want to see Whalen's Lame Move of the Game replay, we want to see close plays replayed. So what gives?

Question: With all the technology, why does REA have lousy replay efforts? I understand that while the ref's are reviewing a play, they don't want it playing on the overhead. That being said, once the ref's make their decision, why can't the replay then be shown? We don't want to see Whalen's Lame Move of the Game replay, we want to see close plays replayed. So what gives?

yeah like trupp's goal. they never showed a replay except a really quick one right before the start of the third.

Brutal is too kind for last night's rendition of the national anthem. This is not an audition for American Idol. The singer should be leading the crowd, but there is no way anyone can sing along with that type of garbage. I don't believe that I have ever heard the Canadian national anthem being butchered like that, which is maybe one reason the Canadians sing along with theirs so well. I do intend to email The Ralph, as it is getting to the point where I cringe for the national anthem there. I am relieved when they announce a group, because I know it has to be reasonably straight up then.

I was not impressed last night either. I think Brutal was kind, I didn't want Jim mad at me because I used a bunch bad words to discribe the national anthem.

i think thats a league thing showing certain replays and so forth. they want the refs to have the look and not the crowd giving their opinion. i know in the nhl its the teams decesion on what to show overall and all close plays are hardly shown pro or con

i think thats a league thing showing certain replays and so forth. they want the refs to have the look and not the crowd giving their opinion. i know in the nhl its the teams decesion on what to show overall and all close plays are hardly shown pro or con

I think the NCAA should do that as well. I wonder if it is a decision the school made.

Someone post a comment on Sioux sports a few years back that said that the Sioux were awarded a goal one time that didn't go in the net and apparently the REA staff replayed the video and it showed the goal not going in and Blaiser made a motion at the press box. I don't know if that had something to do with them not showing replays. I wonder if we could see the WCHA rule for that some how?

Which leads to the obvious question, why have a replay video board, that never shows any of the close plays? We don't usually need replays of the obvious ones. Maybe I missed it, but even after the refs waived off the Mavs goal for being kicked in....still no replay. At that point, I don't see what the harm would be in showing it.