SiouxSports.com Forum

SIOUX vs MSU MAVERICKS

AZSIOUX

310hockeyund3.jpg

The Sioux come into this series off a bye week along with MSU and stand 3 points back from first place in the WCHA behind DU and UW but have played two less league games than both teams at the top. Another huge series WCHA and pairwise rankings wise. 2 wins vs the Mavs could put the Sioux in a very good spot for the stretch run. SIOUX SWEEP..................go siouxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

LAST MEETING- The Sioux split in Mankato early this season. Losing Friday and winning Saturday.

WCHA STANDINGS

PAIRWISE RANKINGS

und.gif

Overall Record: 16-11-3 (.583)

WCHA: 11-6-3, 25 points

Home: 9-3-1

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's late at night, but I believe if the Sioux sweep, they will be in 1st place by a point, or out of 1st by a point as UW is off and Denver plays only 1 game (what is that about) against CC. The following weekend, DU plays UW.

SIOUX SWEEP!

du then plays cc again on a 1 game series i a few weeks i believe. if du wins and we sweep we will still be back 1 point overall with 1 game on them to play. that umd win tonight can may have opened a nice door for the sioux in the title race!!

http://siouxsports.com/hockey/whatif/

i have this for final standings with 2 sweep and 2 splits for the sioux and i also think if anyone can grab 38 or 39 points they will for sure be partying with the mcnoughton cup at the end of the year. would be nice to see hak hang his first banner as a head coach !! this is gona be a fun stretch run

WCHA Final

Team GP Pts

UND 28 37

Denver 28 35

UW 28 35

UMN 28 32

UMD 28 31

CC 28 30

SCSU 28 26

Mankato 28 23

AA 28 20

MTech 28 11

I predict - It going to be a good one

I think it is going to be a hard fought series where we will see a few scraps/fights and we will hear the halo fans to the south talking about a common denominator. I also predict you won't see any of this from behind crap, it will all be face to face.

UND 28 35

Denver 28 34

UW 28 34

UMN 28 33

UMD 28 31

CC 28 30

SCSU 28 29

Mankato 28 26

AA 28 19

MTech 28 9

Top 4:

I have UND splitting with MSUM, CC, and UW, but sweeping UAA.

I have DU splitting against CC, UW, and SCSU.

I have UW splitting against DU, MSUM, and UND.

I have UMN splitting against CC and UMD, but sweeping UAA and MTU.

If the Sioux can get more than 2 points against MSUM, CC, or UW, I like their chances of taking home the MacNaughton. Any win is a good win at this point to help out our RPI/PWR and WCHA placement.

UND 28 35

Denver 28 34

UW 28 34

UMN 28 33

UMD 28 31

CC 28 30

SCSU 28 29

Mankato 28 26

AA 28 19

MTech 28 9

Top 4:

I have UND splitting with MSUM, CC, and UW, but sweeping UAA.

I have DU splitting against CC, UW, and SCSU.

I have UW splitting against DU, MSUM, and UND.

I have UMN splitting against CC and UMD, but sweeping UAA and MTU.

If the Sioux can get more than 2 points against MSUM, CC, or UW, I like their chances of taking home the MacNaughton. Any win is a good win at this point to help out our RPI/PWR and WCHA placement.

I can see that scenario playing itself out, however I don't know if I see us sweeping aa. I could see more of a sweep of mankato or cc. we do not play well up in the last frontier.

I hope the guy that I spoke with on Oct.17th in our first conference weekend, in our 3rd game of the season, after one period of play in Mankato, said to me, "It looks like the Sioux aren't going to have a good year," is at the game this weekend! (How's that for a run on sentence!)

Sioux will be ready for a good series. I'll be there and look for a Stick Salute on Saturday.

I hope the guy that I spoke with on Oct.17th in our first conference weekend, in our 3rd game of the season, after one period of play in Mankato, said to me, "It looks like the Sioux aren't going to have a good year," is at the game this weekend! (How's that for a run on sentence!)

Sioux will be ready for a good series. I'll be there and look for a Stick Salute on Saturday.

You know that could have been me that said that. I remember thinking in Mankato that it was going to be a long season. I know I even said that they do not look good. I always kept hoping that they would get better. I am so excited to see what they have done and I am looking forward to going to Madison. I need a fun Sioux weekend to cheer on the best team in college hockey.

You know that could have been me that said that. I remember thinking in Mankato that it was going to be a long season. I know I even said that they do not look good. I always kept hoping that they would get better. I am so excited to see what they have done and I am looking forward to going to Madison. I need a fun Sioux weekend to cheer on the best team in college hockey.

No it wasn't you unless you like to wear purple and you were carrying a cow bell. He was a Mankato fan. We have come a long way since October. Go Sioux!

I will be there also and hoping for the same thing.The last salute was pretty awesome. :D

Rooting against Northeastern in the Beanpot is just plain mean. Of course it's real easy for me to say this with the Gophers having beaten them.

Your series vs. MSU should be a good one. Mankato should have a tough time scoring in at least one of the games. I'm guessing it's like the DU series. Sioux kill on Friday, play a nail biter Saturday.