SiouxSports.com Forum

SIOUX vs PIONEERS

AZSIOUX

• Replies 388
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

They pulled the guy twice in one game! That makes 3 games in a row we chased the starter out of the nets! Mr. belding on the dashers...watching the opposing team absolutely lose all compsure and try to fight us...PRICELESS!!!

What a game! I LOVE IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

wow, go sixiox. we nened a sweep lmroow==row.................we will get it if we com out blazing liek tonight.......go siouxxxxxxx, lets get 1st place........fun nite partyinnn in az .go soixxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Get the BROOMS ready for the SIOUX SWEEP tonight. DU tried to play straight up hockey and tried the rough play--both failed. Not sure what there strategy will be this evening? Sioux will take care of there side of the street once again. Testwuide & Vossberg might get some special love and attention. Both certainly performed cheap shot acts that won't be forgotten.

Welcome to Grand Forks DU and hope you had a great stay? Many great signs in the arena last evening...a sampling...In Eidsness We Trust!

I disagree with that! DU comes in second.

I don't disagree. I think the team gets up more for the Gophers and enjoy playing them more than any other team, but I think the team genuinely dislikes Denver more. Just my opinion...no hard evidence to that statement. But based on how we've played both teams the past few years.

J.P. Testwuide should have gotten a major for spearing Vandy on that play.

Hextall drew two penalties in less than five minutes.

I agree goon, about the major for spearing. It will be interesting to see what Greg Shepard will do since he was attending last nights

game. Will he have some gonads or turn his usual blind eye to the spearing and Vossbergs attack from the bench?

HAK had a lengthy discussion with Anderson & crew at the end of period 2. You could see HAK was heated and it didn't seem to end with pleasantries being exchanged.

Hak was probably frustrated with the "home team's ahead so I will call anything close against them" penalties that were being called (5-1 in the second period).

Get the BROOMS ready for the SIOUX SWEEP tonight. DU tried to play straight up hockey and tried the rough play--both failed. Not sure what there strategy will be this evening? Sioux will take care of there side of the street once again. Testwuide & Vossberg might get some special love and attention. Both certainly performed cheap shot acts that won't be forgotten.

Welcome to Grand Forks DU and hope you had a great stay? Many great signs in the arena last evening...a sampling...In Eidsness We Trust!

thanks for jinxing us! ???

What I want to see tonight is someone open up Vossberg's melon again like Radke did last year. Some people never learn! ??? When you totally get worked like he did last year and you come back to our barn with that cheap stuff on Hextall with 9+ left in the 3rd, someone needs to do the Gallagher/watermelon bit on him tonight! As for JP Test-icle, Vandy would have worked him too had that scrum continued. People in college hockey can say UND goons it up, but last night DU was one of the most uncomposed teams I've seen in years. I was hoping to hang a 10 spot on them after their crap mid-way thru the 3rd.

If UND gets a decent lead again tonight, which I think they will, look for DU to try to really go after Hextall.

Always nice to go the Ralph and see a nice beatdown!! I hope to see another one tonight. :D

I agree goon, about the major for spearing. It will be interesting to see what Greg Shepard will do since he was attending last nights

game. Will he have some gonads or turn his usual blind eye to the spearing and Vossbergs attack from the bench?

Vossberg was begging for a beatdown all night, but I wouldn't characterize his getting into it from the bench as an attack. Grabbing, pushing, face-washing, chickensh!t stuff, yeah, and illegal. He was properly flagged, but it was lightweight. As far as I'm concerned the Pios got just the beatdown that was coming to them--an 8-3 arsekicking. I hope the Sioux stay out of the box tonight and hang 8 more on them.

J.P. Testwuide should have gotten a major for spearing Vandy on that play.

Hextall drew two penalties in less than five minutes.

That was a nasty cheap play by Testeweide, he should have got his azz beat for that, no place for that in hockey. I think someone will drop em tonight, I would NOT want to be him tonight.

So fun to watch another team unravel at the Ralph...tonight could be really fun!

Was that the breakaway goal? If so, here's what I understood it to be going from the live chat on Brad's blog:

Duncan was in the box and a delayed penalty was called for hooking right as the DU player scored. This negated Dunc's penalty but not Marto's. So Duncs came out of the box and marto went in.

If you are asking about a different penalty, then I'm mistaken.

I'm going to need further explaining...apparently a little slow this morning. So if I'm to understand this correctly; If UND did not have anyone in the box, then Marto's penalty would have been waived off. Right? Marto served his full two minutes, and just not the remainder of Dunc's time after the goal was scored? Because that would make the most sense if you're going to throw Marto in the box for a penalty that would normally be negated because the penalty was called leading up to the goal being scored.

It just seems a little arbitrary to not waive off his penalty just because they were already on the PK.

Funny you should mention Greg Shepherd he was at the next table with the refs from the game at the Green Mill last night.

I told them good luck tonight, they are going to need it. ???

I'm going to need further explaining...apparently a little slow this morning. So if I'm to understand this correctly; If UND did not have anyone in the box, then Marto's penalty would have been waived off. Right? Marto served his full two minutes, and just not the remainder of Dunc's time after the goal was scored? Because that would make the most sense if you're going to throw Marto in the box for a penalty that would normally be negated because the penalty was called leading up to the goal being scored.

It just seems a little arbitrary to not waive off his penalty just because they were already on the PK.

It is the same situation as a two-man advantage. If the team on the power play scores, it wipes out the first penalty that created the power play. The second penalty remains in effect. So in this case, Duncan was already in the box so his penalty created the power play and is the penalty wiped out. The Marto delayed penalty remains in effect and he went into the box. If Duncan had not been in the box, the Marto penalty would have been waived off. The goal can only erase one penalty, and that is the first one. Marto served a full two minutes.

consider it like a 5-3, the penalty with the least amount of time remaining comes off first, and the longer one stays, so duncs was in first and came out (goal was officially scored on his penalty), and marto goes in to serve his two minutes.

What I want to see tonight is someone open up Vossberg's melon again like Radke did last year. Some people never learn! ??? When you totally get worked like he did last year and you come back to our barn with that cheap stuff on Hextall with 9+ left in the 3rd, someone needs to do the Gallagher/watermelon bit on him tonight! As for JP Test-icle, Vandy would have worked him too had that scrum continued. People in college hockey can say UND goons it up, but last night DU was one of the most uncomposed teams I've seen in years. I was hoping to hang a 10 spot on them after their crap mid-way thru the 3rd.

If UND gets a decent lead again tonight, which I think they will, look for DU to try to really go after Hextall.

Always nice to go the Ralph and see a nice beatdown!! I hope to see another one tonight. :D

I agree. If this were to happen, would you limit Hextalls playing time so we don't lose him against the Clowns?

Also, do we keep Blood in tonight? Blood and Jones in, and sit someone else?

I agree. If this were to happen, would you limit Hextalls playing time so we don't lose him against the Clowns?

Also, do we keep Blood in tonight? Blood and Jones in, and sit someone else?

I say Jones plays tonight and if DU goes after Hextall...enter Malone! He was just waiting for someone to start something at the end of the 2nd as the teams left the ice. Was really suprised he wasn't in the mix in the 3rd. I think he works some sorry ass Pio tonight if it come to that. Blackout Jones is just the insurance policy tonight! ???

I say Jones plays tonight and if DU goes after Hextall...enter Malone! He was just waiting for someone to start something at the end of the 2nd as the teams left the ice. Was really suprised he wasn't in the mix in the 3rd. I think he works some sorry ass Pio tonight if it come to that. Blackout Jones is just the insurance policy tonight! ???

This would be the perfect game for him to play. If DU wants to goon it up so be it.