SiouxSports.com Forum

SIOUX/GOPHERS SATURDAY

gfhockey

The gophers should be embarrassed by their run-and-hide antics -- it's why they are not respected by UND fans and other reasonable college hockey fans.

i am enjoying myself immensly over on gpl....it is great to see how poor the MN education system really is. Makes me glad i got out of there when i could and came to college at a real school

• Replies 642
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Is anyone else surprised that the goofs didn't have more hop in their step tonight?

Stoa's two goals were readily missed in the scoring, 6-1 instead of 6-3, but I was really expecting more from the goofer team than 1 PP goal late in the game. They came out working hard, but their intensity left the instant Kozek rifled his goal. I was expecting more like a 4-3 or 4-2(EN) game.

Not that I'm complaining mind you; I love to see the brown and yellow skate off with zero points from a weekend...it's a rare event and one to be cherished for a long, long time.

Sioux move up to #14 Krach...#18 PWR.

Still a ways to go...but this was a GREAT start!

:D

I'm no WCHA expert, but are there other schools that don't put with goofer sh** or is it just UND?

I work with a guy who is a MTU grad and a SCSU season ticket holder. When I told him I was a Sioux fan he said "Cool...someone else at work who hates the Gophers!" :D

Instant friends.

i am enjoying myself immensly over on gpl....it is great to see how poor the MN education system really is. Makes me glad i got out of there when i could and came to college at a real school

Don't blame the educational system. Blame the general lack of common sense and the idiocy that is far too rampant in general society.

I dislike inter-message board arguments as much as anybody, but in case anybody didn't go over to GPL, here's a quote from their front page article regarding this game:

I know I'm biased, but I swear the real difference is that when the Sioux want to get even, at least they're men about it and challenge the scum to a fair fight (ala Jonsey) without hiding behind cages and when Minnesota wants to get even, it's cheapshotting defenseless players (ala Stoa and that reprehensible mouth breather Demarchi).

I know I'm biased, but I swear the real difference is that when the Sioux want to get even, at least they're men about it and challenge the scum to a fair fight (ala Jonsey) without hiding behind cages and when Minnesota wants to get even, it's cheapshotting defenseless players (ala Stoa and that reprehensible mouth breather Demarchi).

I think it all boils down to the fact that it takes two types of carpenters to build a house and the framers (Sioux) happen to handle things differently than the finishers (goofs). But always remember that you can't hit what you can't catch. Sorry to those of you who didn't watch the FSNorth pregame on Friday night because I'm sure you have no idea what I'm talking about...just enjoy the fact that I'm ripping on The Rug.

I think it all boils down to the fact that it takes two types of carpenters to build a house and the framers (Sioux) happen to handle things differently than the finishers (goofs). But always remember that you can't hit what you can't catch. Sorry to those of you who didn't watch the FSNorth pregame on Friday night because I'm sure you have no idea what I'm talking about...just enjoy the fact that I'm ripping on The Rug.

Real fans watch The Sweeney :D

After Friday's game, TH asked Hak what he said to the team after the first period, when they played so well but had nothing to show for it. Hak said "Nothing. We didn't even go into the locker room."

I love that. Putting the responsibility on the team leaders. Reminds me that Blais did the same thing in the break before OT in the national title game. (Of course that one didn't end well, but it was a terrific effort.) The point is that it shows tremendous trust in the team's leaders.

They were really stretching that analogy, weren't they?

Win with class, lose with dignity.

I'm not a fan of going onto the opposing teams' message board to rub it in their faces after a big weekend.

I'll just enjoy this weekend now, as I am sure that the Sioux will faceoff against UMN again later this season. And I would highly doubt that we will hang six on them again...

Real fans listen to TH.

Hahaha I agree! I've listened to every game this year so far via the free radio webcast except for the CC series which I attended. I decided to spluge this weekend and add the sports pack to my cable so I could watch these games. I sorta payed for my actions because I spent the first period of tonights game in my own personal hell because the bouncy ball game on FCS Pacific went into triple overtime and cut into the Sioux game. Luckily it ended right as the 2nd was starting and I enjoyed what I saw from that point forward! Man it sucks to be out of GF sometimes.

I'm not a fan of going onto the opposing teams' message board to rub it in their faces after a big weekend.

I'll just enjoy this weekend now, as I am sure that the Sioux will faceoff against UMN again later this season. And I would highly doubt that we will hang six on them again...

He could just be reading stuff :D

Yeah.

I'm not sure I see much of that here tonight, stupid comments by Stoa, Woog, and Hill aside. :D

That was freakin' hilarious ... I was watching the game with a friend and when he was done rambling on about "hiding the nails" we were wondering if we were watching an episode of This Old House :D I was wondering if we were the only ones who had a good laugh at that :angry:

After last weekend I didn't see this coming ... GO SIOUX!!

After last weekend I didn't see this coming ... GO SIOUX!!

Honestly, I don't think anyone did.

This team is just two weekends removed from the GLI debacle. How they could lay an egg against two of the worst teams in college hockey (this year) and then two weeks later destroy the #3 ranked team in two consecutive games is beyond me.

Let's just hope that they don't resort to that type of play next weekend against Tech again.