SiouxSports.com Forum

SIOUX/GOPHERS FRIDAY

BudLight

• Replies 291
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

In all seriousness, anyone that was predicting a gopher sweep is lacking some brain cells. In fact, the last time ANY team swept us at home was way back in 2006 against wisco. hopefully tonight has the same result as last night! :angry:

It was actually Michigan Tech the weekend following the Wisconsin series.

Gophers flat in opening game vs. North Dakota; lose 6-3
All in all, this game showed why the rilvalry is one of the best in college hockey today, and North Dakota rightfully came out on top in this one. Will the Gophers have an answer? We shall wait and see as coverage for tomorrow's game in Grand Forks is at 7PM on Fox Sports North. Alex Kangas will be the featured player on the Saturday Spotlight feature, and I encourage you to stay tuned to that.

Just curious, those who are up right now, are you also watching the DVR'd game that you were at 12 hours ago in its entirety? Well, I am...AND I LOVE IT BABY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Watched it last night after the game and I couldn't stop smiling. :angry:

no kidding. i was looking forward to that 10-0 shut out the gophers were supposed to have last night :angry:

In all seriousness, anyone that was predicting a gopher sweep is lacking some brain cells. In fact, the last time ANY team swept us at home was way back in 2006 against wisco. hopefully tonight has the same result as last night! :huh:

If gopherz is a clown, then you haven't been around long.

Gopherz is a gopher fan and I expected that stuff he posted. The interesting thing is, this year we had a lot less smack talk than what we usually have. And it was in good nature.

If Gopherz came on here and touted the Sioux were going to win 26-1 each game, then I'd start wondering.

Fetch (IIRC), that's our problem with offense right now. We're either reluctant to shoot the puck and wait too long, closing the shot corridor or we rush it too much and miss the net entirely. There were a few times this season where a Sioux player had an open look at the net down low (faceoff circles or closer) and missed the net by 10 feet or more. I don't know exactly what can be done with this, but in my own irrational way, I feel that Id rather have 20 easy saves for Kangas than 100 misses of the net.

SIDE NOTE - who were the 4 hotties right over the gophers penalty box dancing all night long on eachother. dammmmmmmmmmmmmm

very nice :angry:

Haha, they tried to steal my seats when I was up at the bar before the game. Since we had been in line since 8 a.m. and they had just got there, they were swiftly denied and my buddy started a "jersey chaser" chant at them later in the game. Don't get me wrong, though, they were definitely eaaasy on the eyes.

I don't have any video goals, but I have a decent picture of the fourth goal from tonight. It was even before the crowd realized it was a goal. The picture was just a lucky shot. Not the best quality picture considering my point and shoot camera, but it works.

It's kind of big, so I'll just post the link.

http://i41.tinypic.com/15i88xh.jpg

HA! I can see the back of my head in that picture. Nice one.

Frank just said "There's been a lot of jawwing between the Minnesota penalty box and a fan in white..."....I wonder if thats our guy from the other thread.....

I think you are referring to my post in the Gopher taunts thread. The taunter was my buddy who was sitting right in front of me on the glass. BJ (the security guard) was being pretty cool letting us harass the rodents, it was pretty funny some of the stuff he said to them and their reactions. I guess they showed him for quite some time on TV, too. Got a nice response when he was on the bigscreen.

I think you are referring to my post in the Gopher taunts thread. The taunter was my buddy who was sitting right in front of me on the glass. BJ (the security guard) was being pretty cool letting us harass the rodents, it was pretty funny some of the stuff he said to them and their reactions. I guess they showed him for quite some time on TV, too. Got a nice response when he was on the bigscreen.

Care to elaborate a bit??? I think we'd all enjoy a sample of the exchanges going on

Would someone post the score and who scored for the Sioux? My internet connection is so slow if I go back to read the thread, I'll still be reading page 3 come Monday morning. Thanks in advance.

If it's anything like the island I was stationed on from '89-'91, I don't envy you one bit!!! That place sucked!!!

If it's anything like the island I was stationed on from '89-'91, I don't envy you one bit!!! That place sucked!!!

You must have been on the one of the islands west of mainland Alaska. I'm on Admiralty Island in SE Alaska. It's beautiful here but, yes, very limited in resources. One store,that's it. Seaplane air service, weather permitting, no air service the past 11 days which means no mail. A ferry to Juneau twice a week, Thursdays and Saturdays. Only one inhabited village on the entire island, <500 population in the winter and three miles of paved road from the village to the ferry landing which makes the island feel really small when it fact it's the second largest island in SE Alaska. If I wanted to pay an arm and a leg, I could get better internet service (the clinic's is fine but it is a work system so lots of sites are blocked) but I opted for the AT&T aircard. They assured me it would work just fine, fast, good connections, etc. They lied. Oh, and there is the largest population of bear on this island in all of Alaska and possibly the world. They're hibernating now. My house is the furthest one north of the pennisula the village sits on and is right next door to a hill. I was told not to go up that hill to the forested area that's there once the bears wake up.

Anyway, I chose this area. The idea of my traveling for awhile is to go to areas that I would never otherwise visit. I may stay for a few more months just to explore the area. The island is a National Monument and as I said quite beautiful. I posted some photos in the Happy New Year thread.

You must have been on the one of the islands west of mainland Alaska. I'm on Admiralty Island in SE Alaska. It's beautiful here but, yes, very limited in resources. One store,that's it. Seaplane air service, weather permitting, no air service the past 11 days which means no mail. A ferry to Juneau twice a week, Thursdays and Saturdays. Only one inhabited village on the entire island, <500 population in the winter and three miles of paved road from the village to the ferry landing which makes the island feel really small when it fact it's the second largest island in SE Alaska. If I wanted to pay an arm and a leg, I could get better internet service (the clinic's is fine but it is a work system so lots of sites are blocked) but I opted for the AT&T aircard. They assured me it would work just fine, fast, good connections, etc. They lied. Oh, and there is the largest population of bear on this island in all of Alaska and possibly the world. They're hibernating now. My house is the furthest one north of the pennisula the village sits on and is right next door to a hill. I was told not to go up that hill to the forested area that's there once the bears wake up.

Anyway, I chose this area. The idea of my traveling for awhile is to go to areas that I would never otherwise visit. I may stay for a few more months just to explore the area. The island is a National Monument and as I said quite beautiful. I posted some photos in the Happy New Year thread.

will you be going to the AA series?

Yeah, I was on Adak...middle of the Aleutian chain. Had 13 trees or something like that, all in one area. The rest was all tundra. No bears, but a lot of caribou. Best part was when the salmon would swim upstream. I just remember that the Navy would actually give us the day off if the sun was shining, because it literally only happened about once a month. Longest 2 years of my life! :angry:

Yeah, I was on Adak...middle of the Aleutian chain. Had 13 trees or something like that, all in one area. The rest was all tundra. No bears, but a lot of caribou. Best part was when the salmon would swim upstream. I just remember that the Navy would actually give us the day off if the sun was shining, because it literally only happened about once a month. Longest 2 years of my life! :angry:

No caribou here. Lots of deer which is hunted year round without limits. I don't know if there are legal limits but fresh snow means fresh meat around here. Seal is also hunted for it's food value. It's really greasy. Fishing is also done year round, salmon and halibut mainly. Boats here are like cars in the -48, one parked in front/next/behind every house and/or in the harbor. I look forward to fishing when it's a little warmer. I don't want to go now or in the next month or two.

JessinBoston108.jpg

Apparently a fraction of a second is "well, well, well after the whistle". Because Kozek's shot was "well, well, well after the whistle".

We were sitting right behind the goal and our thought was that Kozek shot that "well" after the whistle. I thought he deserved a penalty.

Yeah they did. Great to see from this team...especially against UMN.

What was with Stoa? I'm betting that Hextall was giving him an earful all game, and Stoa finally had to goon it up. :silly:

Nice to read the quote that Dave Berger logged on his post-game comments post. Apparently the gopher coaches sent him out to shut up Hextall from chirping. Question for gopher faithful, how would you react if you read that Hakstol sent out a player to pound a gopher player who is yapping his trap? I think I know:

Woog: