SiouxSports.com Forum

UND Student Entrance/Line-Up Event Policies & Etiquette

WiSioux

The University of North Dakota and Ralph Engelstad Arena recognize that athletic events are an important component of the spectator experience, and we support game day activities that build community and offer an opportunity for social interaction. We also recognize that our students, faculty, staff and fans are all valuable members of the Fighting Sioux family and that your attendance and participation at athletic events is a big part of our success. In order to make your fan experience and that of those with and around you a positive one, our number one priority is your safety.

The University of North Dakota Athletic Department and the Ralph Engelstad Arena do not condone behavior or actions that are contrary to the goals and objectives of the University and/or the Ralph Engelstad Arena. Individuals or groups who violate these policies may be removed from the premises, receive revocation of ticket priviledges and/or be charged and prosecuted.

In order to provide a safe, healthy, and enjoyable game day experience for spectators, students are expected to comply with the following regulations and abide by all University of North Dakota Student Conduct Codes and applicable laws. The University of North Dakota and The Ralph Engelstad Area DO NOT condone underage drinking, inappropriate public behavior or any misconduct prohibited by University or Ralph Engelstad Arena policy. Enjoy the game and Go Sioux!!!

Prohibited items in the Ralph Engelstad Arena:

No backpacks or carry bags; no video camera/cases, water bottles, cans, coolers, thermos, containers, poles, umbrellas, balls, Frisbees, weapons, artifical noisemakers, or any other items deemed inappropriate by NCAA rules and Ralph Engelstad Arena officals and security personnel. Students should plan accordingly.

1. Students are REQUIRED to bring their current University student I.D.'s along with another form of picture identification. Students should be prepared to provide their identification upon request. Students will be denied admission into the facility without a proper UND student I.D.

2. The student enterance line (located on the SW corner of the Ralph Engelstad Arena) will be open for line-ups no earlier than 8:00 am the morning of the game. Students are not allowed to access the line-up areas before that assigned opening.

3. Students attending UND events held at the Ralph Engelstad are asked to park in designated parking areas off site. All parking on The Ralph Engelstad Arena site is protected parking on game days. Students dailing to observe this policy will risk having their vehicle towed.

4. Students will NOT be allowed to serve, sell, posses or consume alcohol while in the student entrance/line-up area on the Ralph Engelstad Arena premises. All students are subject to state laws, university policies and regulations regarding alcohol as stated in the University of North Dakota Student Conduct Code handbook. As a University of North Dakota student, we rely on you not only to comply with these policies but to help enforce them with those in attendence around you. Enforcement of appropriate and lawful behavior will be ahigh priority.

5 Students are asked to dispose of all trash in appropriate waste receptacles and cease all tailgating activities 15 minutes prior to doors opening. There will be NO tailgating or loitering allowed following the completion fo the game. Please be respectful of other students around you; remember that the student entrance/line-up area and the Ralph Engelstad Arena are a part of the University of North Dakota campus, and that all students are subject to the University of North Dkaota Student Conduct Code and applicable laws.

6. Students located in the line-up area assume all responsibility for lost or stolen personal items. The Ralph Engelstad Arena and the University of North Dakota are not responsible for any items left unattended or misplaced.

7. Open fires and charcoal grills are NOT permitted on the Ralph Engelstad Arena site.

8. No tents or portable housing units allowed in the SW Student enterance/line-up areas.

9. No couches or indoor furniture will be allowed.

10. No gas powered generators.

11. No glass containers or bottles.

12. Only portable radio/stero units (boom boxes) will be permitted. House stero units requiring an external power source will NOT be allowed.

13. All requests for use of Ralph Engelstad Arena electricity will be denied unless approved in advance by Ralph Engelstad Arena Management. All expenses will be the responsibility of the group requesting the service.

14. All forms of solicitation or the distribution of give-away items on the Ralph Engelstad Arena site is prohibited without the prior approval of Ralph Engelstad Arena management.

15. A list of Ralph Engelstad Arena preferred caterers and food and beverage policies are available upon request. If students select to use an outside food and beverage provider, permission from the Ralph Engelstad Arena management is required.

16. All Ralph Engelstad Arena student entrance/line-up policies are subject to change.

The one about the grills is stupid. Just because someone didn't know how to use a propane tank properly last year and ended up getting the fire department called isn't enough of a reason to ban all fire sources. Some people can actually use products in the intended manner. :D

The one about the grills is stupid. Just because someone didn't know how to use a propane tank properly last year and ended up getting the fire department called isn't enough of a reason to ban all fire sources. Some people can actually use products in the intended manner. :D

What I don't understand is students are all adults they can vote, they can go to war, why in the hell do they need a list of rules this long.

What I don't understand is students are all adults they can vote, they can go to war, why in the hell do they need a list of rules this long.

Its REA. Enough said. The lines never get unruly yet they think they need to mico manage everything. Listening to them read all of the rules when we got our tickets about put me to sleep. Although the seeing the fire dpartment watch a propane tank for like 30 minutes was pretty darn funny. :D

I dunno... I'm not exactly a big fan of a propane tank with the valve on fire being that close to me... many other people were getting closer to it to take a look... I was backing away because I didn't want it to blow up

I dunno... I'm not exactly a big fan of a propane tank with the valve on fire being that close to me... many other people were getting closer to it to take a look... I was backing away because I didn't want it to blow up

Well it was a pretty exciting moment! The fire department showed up about a half hour after the incident. Whoever threw it across the street had a pretty good arm! Im ready to freeze my butt off again this weekend but now we will need to order pizza instead of grilling. :D

i may be reading it wrong... but it says no open fires or charcoal grills. to me that would not include a propane grill, as it is neither an open fire or charcoal fueled? i say bring your grills (providing you know how to use it... that story is a little scary to me, i mean it isn't that difficult to attach a propane tank to a grill?). so have fun, bring your grills and a copy of those rules, stay warm, and get ready to cheer on the sioux!! come on rea, it's goofer weekend!!

Damn, some of my fondest memories about the Gophers' series involve standing in line outside of the old REA after pregaming at the DownUnder or Frenchy's, freezing my a$$ off, drinking and throwing snowballs at the Minnesota bus as it pulled up. :D:D

/good times

I feel like a 6 year old. Wouldn't it be nice to go to a school where they treated their students like the adults that they are...?

I've stood in line for many hours for most home games the last few years and have never seen anything that go on that needed assistance from any outside agency. All the students are good at policing themselves. Everyone is too fricken cold to get in trouble.

i may be reading it wrong... but it says no open fires or charcoal grills. to me that would not include a propane grill, as it is neither an open fire or charcoal fueled? i say bring your grills (providing you know how to use it... that story is a little scary to me, i mean it isn't that difficult to attach a propane tank to a grill?). so have fun, bring your grills and a copy of those rules, stay warm, and get ready to cheer on the sioux!! come on rea, it's goofer weekend!!

If I remember correctly, they got it on ok, it was getting it off that caused the problem.....and when it lit up, the guy goes, "well i will just pour my bottle of water directly onto it" and the line goes, NO GET IT OUT OF HERE!

If I remember correctly, they got it on ok, it was getting it off that caused the problem.....and when it lit up, the guy goes, "well i will just pour my bottle of water directly onto it" and the line goes, NO GET IT OUT OF HERE!

That could have been really bad. All it takes is one person to ruin for everyone.

yeah, all i can say is some people's idiotic kids....or try growing up on a farm kid! :D

I go back to what AHG said they treat them you students like kids. Waiting for the game could be a huge big time event that could be a lot of fun but the School wants to ruin it or water it down. You could have a radio station remote and an awesome event leading up the game. I am surprised that the University isn't selling burgers and pizza's.

I go back to what AHG said they treat them you students like kids. Waiting for the game could be a huge big time event that could be a lot of fun but the School wants to ruin it or water it down. You could have a radio station remote and an awesome event leading up the game. I am surprised that the University isn't selling burgers and pizza's.

Sioux Crew tried having Sue Robinson (The Bus) at last year's Gopher Series, but the REA told them that they couldn't do it anymore.