SiouxSports.com Forum

SIOUX @ UMD BULLDOGS

AZSIOUX

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Putting the puck in the slot once in awhile would help immensely; pretty darn tough to score from behind the goal line. :)

I see the NHL teams often play a cycle, however they seem to get the puck out in front of the net quite a bit more often. It seems that we're cycling for cylcing's sake.

I see the NHL teams often play a cycle, however they seem to get the puck out in front of the net quite a bit more often. It seems that we're cycling for cylcing's sake.

Exactly.

Maybe the team was distracted when Hak got to the "put it between the dots" part...

no suprise on joe. it was mentioned that he should be out until after the new year. get better joe!!

so miller should be on the blueline again im assumng and fienhage would be the 7th d man as of now and hopefuly on the trip barring injuries. or maybe corey plays over someone else as i dont see blood sitting anytime soon. i do hope we see mario in friday then go from there as i like the intensity he plays with. not sure who to sit though. im glad hak has to make that decision :) go sioux

SIOUX SWEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEP

http://www.areavoices.com/undhockey/

Joe Finley is still out. He's out indefinitely, coach Dave Hakstol said. He was not at practice.

Evan Trupp and Andrew Kozek should be back in the lineup on Friday. Hakstol said that scratching them was not personal and that it was a two-part equation. He said the one part of the equation that everyone is missing is that he wanted to get guys like Mario Lamoureux and Brent Davidson into the lineup. Lamoureux is expected to travel to Duluth and could be in the lineup again this weekend.

no suprise on joe. it was mentioned that he should be out until after the new year. get better joe!!

so miller should be on the blueline again im assumng and fienhage would be the 7th d man as of now and hopefuly on the trip barring injuries. or maybe corey plays over someone else as i dont see blood sitting anytime soon. i do hope we see mario in friday then go from there as i like the intensity he plays with. not sure who to sit though. im glad hak has to make that decision :) go sioux

SIOUX SWEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEP

http://www.areavoices.com/undhockey/

Joe Finley is still out. He's out indefinitely, coach Dave Hakstol said. He was not at practice.

Evan Trupp and Andrew Kozek should be back in the lineup on Friday. Hakstol said that scratching them was not personal and that it was a two-part equation. He said the one part of the equation that everyone is missing is that he wanted to get guys like Mario Lamoureux and Brent Davidson into the lineup. Lamoureux is expected to travel to Duluth and could be in the lineup again this weekend.

What is wrong with Finley? i thought it was minor to begin with but it has turned into a SERIOUS injury. What happened to him? (if there is anyone from other WCHA teams please ignore this post and future posts, cheers)

Charter Cable sometimes will have Duluth games. I'm hoping one game will be on Charter this weekend, but I don't know for sure.

Both games are on Charter Mainstreet this weekend, which means they are on statewide on Charter, Comcast and Mediacom.

Well, maybe not statewide for both games - just checked my TV guide and it says Friday's game is on but Saturday is not - I have Mediacom though.

What is wrong with Finley? i thought it was minor to begin with but it has turned into a SERIOUS injury. What happened to him? (if there is anyone from other WCHA teams please ignore this post and future posts, cheers)

a Concussion. concussions are very serious as im sure you know. you never know how a body will react to a concussion until a couple weeks after for the most part and obviously its not minor. lets hope he can come back after the new year and get back into this lineup that an really use him.

a Concussion. concussions are very serious as im sure you know. you never know how a body will react to a concussion until a couple weeks after for the most part and obviously its not minor. lets hope he can come back after the new year and get back into this lineup that an really use him.

wow i have never heard of a concussion lasting more than a week. i initially thought that was a coverup for a more serious injury. well it is very unfortunate. i hope he gets well soon.

wow i have never heard of a concussion lasting more than a week. i initially thought that was a coverup for a more serious injury. well it is very unfortunate. i hope he gets well soon.

rylan kaip almost was forced to quit hockey because of post concussion syndrome and sioux recruit brett brunteau missed tons of the season last year due to the same thing. scary stuff

an old interview with brett talking a little about the concussion he had last season

http://www.areavoices.com/undhockey/?blog=31527

Q. How bad was it?

BRETT BRUNETEAU: It was a Grade Three severe concussion. One step below a coma. Three months later, I was still having blurred vision and constant headaches. That added to the reason why doctors thought I should give up playing hockey.

Q. Some doctors told you to quit?

BRETT BRUNETEAU: Yeah. Honestly, it was probably one of the hardest things I've gone through in life. Doctors told me I should hang up the skates and I should not play any more contact sports. But I was very lucky to be able to work with the coaching staff, along with the staffs at North Dakota and Washington (Capitals, who drafted Bruneteau last summer). They helped me get in touch with some of the best doctors in the country. I worked hand-in-hand with them and I was able to return before the end of the season.

Q. Have you had any previous concussions?

BRETT BRUNETEAU: Yeah, this was my third.

Q. Going forward, how big of a concern are the concussions?

BRETT BRUNETEAU: Any player will tell you that injuries are something you can't control. There are variables in hockey along with any other sport. It's something you have to put in the back of your mind. You can't play with any sort of fear. I've been working with North Dakota, Washington and my junior team, Des Moines, to really do a lot of research and come up with the best precautions. I actually have started wearing a special helmet now and I have a special mouthpiece. I definitely did my research to try to do the best I can to prevent it from happening again.

Q. Are you aware of what former Sioux captain Rylan Kaip went through here?

BRETT BRUNETEAU: Yes. He was one of the guys the North Dakota coaches were able to use as an example and a reference point to help me out.

Hak said scratching Kozek and Trupp was NOT personal??? Are you kidding me? Everything is "personal" with Hak, just ask anyone who has ever played for him. I'm curious as to what Kozek and Trupp did to deserve this? Kozek was the returning leading scorer and Hak has him playing on the 3rd line and he's not even on PP1! What could he have done? Hak's not as well-liked as many of you think. He is constantly playing games with the players' heads when he should be focusing more on getting his best players on the ice. Hopefully this weekend he gets his lines right. We need to sweep!

Hak said scratching Kozek and Trupp was NOT personal??? Are you kidding me? Everything is "personal" with Hak, just ask anyone who has ever played for him. I'm curious as to what Kozek and Trupp did to deserve this? Kozek was the returning leading scorer and Hak has him playing on the 3rd line and he's not even on PP1! What could he have done? Hak's not as well-liked as many of you think. He is constantly playing games with the players' heads when he should be focusing more on getting his best players on the ice. Hopefully this weekend he gets his lines right. We need to sweep!

HOLY FREAK OUT!

Were you at the game last Friday? Seriously, Kozek and Trupp were benched because they were TERRIBLE last friday against UAA. Kozek fanned on one too many shots. He's got a killer shot, but he has not been "on" as of late. Trupp didn't have a good game last friday either. Though not many players did have a good game last friday. Hak also said there was a number of guys that probably also could have been benched. Kozek is not the returning leading scorer, he's one of them, but not the top guy (Duncan, Vandy are top returning scorers as well). What line you play on doesn't matter in my opinion. You need to put your players on lines they can produce on. Kozek is actually on the second line, not the third. Players go through slumps, and clearly kozek and trupp are going through some right now, so it gives others the chance to contribute. And the other guys stepped up on saturday night.

Go for the sweep this weekend! I don't care who plays as long as we pick up some W's!

what coach does not mess with player's heads? Herb Brooks did it all the time and he was one of the greatest hockey coaches ever. Unless you watch them practice every day, I would trust Hak and his coaches to make the lines as they see everyone working together. I can also see them wanting to give the freshman a chance to play. Lamoureux did some really good things for us on Saturday and while he didn't score, that does not discount what he was doing out there. For all we know, the second part of that equation could have been that they were a little banged up and Hak didn't want to tell anyone. And actually, both Duncan and Kozek had 18 goals last year...if I read the statistics correctly and I am pretty sure that I did.

HOLY FREAK OUT!

Were you at the game last Friday? Seriously, Kozek and Trupp were benched because they were TERRIBLE last friday against UAA. Kozek fanned on one too many shots. He's got a killer shot, but he has not been "on" as of late. Trupp didn't have a good game last friday either. Though not many players did have a good game last friday. Hak also said there was a number of guys that probably also could have been benched. Kozek is not the returning leading scorer, he's one of them, but not the top guy (Duncan, Vandy are top returning scorers as well). What line you play on doesn't matter in my opinion. You need to put your players on lines they can produce on. Kozek is actually on the second line, not the third. Players go through slumps, and clearly kozek and trupp are going through some right now, so it gives others the chance to contribute. And the other guys stepped up on saturday night.

Go for the sweep this weekend! I don't care who plays as long as we pick up some W's!

Seriously, go drink your Hakstool-Aid. I guess you don't know the coach like many of us do. Just go put your green tie on and keep drinking. The failure of the Sioux to win a title lately is ALL on Hak. As far as the "other guys" stepping-up on Saturday night..well, do you honestly think those players can take us back to the Frozen Four? Get real..you must be one of those kids dads.

Seriously, go drink your Hakstool-Aid. I guess you don't know the coach like many of us do. Just go put your green tie on and keep drinking. The failure of the Sioux to win a title lately is ALL on Hak. As far as the "other guys" stepping-up on Saturday night..well, do you honestly think those players can take us back to the Frozen Four? Get real..you must be one of those kids dads.

FYI it's not the head coach's responsibility to be all the players best friend and be buddy-buddy with them or for that matter be well liked. Do you think Bill Parcells, Bill Belichik and Scotty Bowman are the players best friends and don't mess with their heads? I don't think so. You make it sound like your his next door neighbor.

Andrew and Evan are needed to be leaders on this team. Love or hate Hak, it is up to him to get 20 goals out of Andrew and 30 points put of Evan. They are both more than talented enough to pull it off. Both needed to get their heads right, and maybe a benching will do it. We have no chance at a frozen four without them playing well.

IMO the biggest problem remains with the d corps. We have a huge void without Joe, miller Is playing better than could be expected. Jones continues to be solid in our end, but we are simply unable to beat most forechecks one on one. We need Lapoint and Marto to step up.

Transition hockey which is the hallmark of good Sioux teams is sorely lacking. Dmen need to beat the forechecks one on one and put breakout passes on the tape. We spend too much time trying homeruns and not enough time attacking the offensive blue line with all three forwards.

actually, i'm a student if you must know and i definitely don't have any kids. And if you think not winning a nat'l championship is the coach's fault, then clearly you're the one that's been drinking the koolaid. and the fact that you openly diss a number of players on our team, those "other guys" if you will, really shows your blatant disrespect towards them, and i'd like to see you do better.

I like what was said about trupper and kozek needing to step up. Because as of yet, they haven't. We need them performing consistently to do well. That said, our defense needs to get better so we don't leave eidsness out to dry.

actually, i'm a student if you must know and i definitely don't have any kids. And if you think not winning a nat'l championship is the coach's fault, then clearly you're the one that's been drinking the koolaid. and the fact that you openly diss a number of players on our team, those "other guys" if you will, really shows your blatant disrespect towards them, and i'd like to see you do better.

I like what was said about trupper and kozek needing to step up. Because as of yet, they haven't. We need them performing consistently to do well. That said, our defense needs to get better so we don't leave eidsness out to dry.

Ugh...lets just give everyone a "participation" ribbon. This is D1 hockey, not park board. The most talented players need to be on the ice as much as possible, not sitting for inexperienced players to get some ice-time. Some players need to be motivated by sitting a game, while others just have to keep grinding. A good coach knows who they are, but Hak is clueless. This is not an isolated incident. I just had enough when Hak decided to sit both Trupp and Kozek. Funny enough, they play UMD this weekend and IF Kozek or Trupp score you will think Hak is a genius. Oh, by the way, have YOU been to all of the Frozen Four's lately? Hak has been outcoached BADLY! Add that to being a classless fool who feels that flipping-off the officials is acceptable, you get a coach who needs a pink-slip. We deserve a better coach at UND. Now I do appologize for thinking that you were sticking-up for one of your kids, I guess thats not correct. However, you truly need to stick to video hockey if you think you know what "really" going on. Open your eyes grasshopper, coach Hak has a problem..its his attitude.

Both games are on Charter Mainstreet this weekend, which means they are on statewide on Charter, Comcast and Mediacom.

Well, maybe not statewide for both games - just checked my TV guide and it says Friday's game is on but Saturday is not - I have Mediacom though.

From UMD's pre-series press release -

http://www.umdbulldogs.com/uploads/UMDHockeyRelease7.pdf

Both Bulldog-Fighting Sioux clashes this weekend will also be televised live by Charter Communications (cable Channel 15). Mark Fleischer and former UMD standout Judd Medak are serving as the on-air talent for Charter Communications, which is slated to televise 11 regular season games in 2008-09. The games will be carried on Charter Communication

Ugh...lets just give everyone a "participation" ribbon. This is D1 hockey, not park board. The most talented players need to be on the ice as much as possible, not sitting for inexperienced players to get some ice-time. Some players need to be motivated by sitting a game, while others just have to keep grinding. A good coach knows who they are, but Hak is clueless. This is not an isolated incident. I just had enough when Hak decided to sit both Trupp and Kozek. Funny enough, they play UMD this weekend and IF Kozek or Trupp score you will think Hak is a genius. Oh, by the way, have YOU been to all of the Frozen Four's lately? Hak has been outcoached BADLY! Add that to being a classless fool who feels that flipping-off the officials is acceptable, you get a coach who needs a pink-slip. We deserve a better coach at UND. Now I do appologize for thinking that you were sticking-up for one of your kids, I guess thats not correct. However, you truly need to stick to video hockey if you think you know what "really" going on. Open your eyes grasshopper, coach Hak has a problem..its his attitude.