SiouxSports.com Forum

Eidness, full-time starter?

undchris

From what I've seen, Eidness looks like a heck of a good goalie and I think that Hakstol would be dumb not to start him from here on out for the rest of the year! Only start Walski if it is a for sure easy game (ie. Bemidji State) that could be won?

Just wondering what your guys' thoughts are?

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

From what I've seen, Eidness looks like a heck of a good goalie and I think that Hakstol would be dumb not to start him from here on out for the rest of the year! Only start Walski if it is a for sure easy game (ie. Bemidji State) that could be won?

Just wondering what your guys' thoughts are?

Starter from here on out no doubt.Hell of a game tonite.

I don't know... I think Hak would love to have a goaltender rotation until Eidsness gets fully acclimated to the DI game. However, I don't think Walski is up to it either. He's just not fast enough.

Right now, though, Eidsness is inconsistent. One game he looks downright amazing. The following night... brutal. Case in point: CC series.

That being said, he WILL end up being the #1 if not now, soon. He is definitely going to be the real deal.

He'll grow into a Bachman or Kangas, imo. It's just too bad that so few goalies can jump into a new league and system and dominate as quickly as Bachman has. Kangas started out slow, but eventually became dominant...so maybe Eidsness will follow that path.

I think for the first time this year, last night and tonight, we saw Eidsness play with a little bit of a swagger. And in goaltending swagger=confidence. I had all the faith in the world with Parise and Lamoureax in the net because of the way they went about their business, I think Brad took a couple of steps forward tonight and really gives Hak no other choice but to make him the starter from here on out in the league games.

Keep pressing him though Walski! :sad:

Kangas started out slow, but eventually became dominant

:sad:

Not getting playing time early in the season doesn't equal starting out slow. He's been an animal since he's been in the nets.

Eidsness seems good, but no way he puts up Bachman/Kangas numbers this year.

This thread is a no-brainer. Ride this kid the rest of the year. Walski is...well, he's not Eidness! Eidness played almost exclusively in his 60 game Jr. schedule last year. So 30+ games this year isn't going to wear him out.

Not enough to make a great judgment I guess, but based on stats and people's comments on him, I think I can make a general statement like that.

Kangas came in as an older(20 years old) freshman. His birthday is 5/28/87, while Eidsness' birthday is 6/2/89.

Kangas has got a full 2 years on Eidsness. I'd say it's a pretty tough comparison to make.

:)

Not getting playing time early in the season doesn't equal starting out slow. He's been an animal since he's been in the nets.

Eidsness seems good, but no way he puts up Bachman/Kangas numbers this year.

easy gopher lover, nobody was saying a bad word about kangas. i think everyone here knows hes dam good.

he never compared brad to either of the two goalies. he was just saying its possible when you get to play every game. nobody said alex wasnt a animal as you call him either :sad: brad will play night in and night out from now on so he will get that opportunity to put up very solid numbers

easy gopher lover, nobody was saying a bad word about kangas. i think everyone here knows hes dam good.

he never compared brad to either of the two goalies. he was just saying its possible when you get to play every game. nobody said alex wasnt a animal as you call him either :sad: brad will play night in and night out from now on so he will get that opportunity to put up very solid numbers

Well I assumed it was a comparison when he said he could put up Bachman/Kangas numbers. AK was an ANIMAL today ???

I think Eidsness should play every game except those first few series in January, I think that would be a good time for his break :)

Well I assumed it was a comparison when he said he could put up Bachman/Kangas numbers. AK was an ANIMAL today :)

I think Eidsness should play every game except those first few series in January, I think that would be a good time for his break :sad:

Eidsness has all the Sioux wins this season and I say that trend continues for a long time this season. The WCHA all around is tough

Eidsness has all the Sioux wins this season and I say that trend continues for a long time this season. The WCHA all around is tough

That'll be easier to judge as the season goes longer. Is the conference tough as in we have a lot of top teams or is it tough because it's very even? DU got swept by SCSU so I don't know what to take out of that. CC doesn't sound like the force they were last year, who knows.

If I had to predict the final standings as things stand right now I'd go with...

1. Minnesota

2. CC

3. DU

4. Mankato

5. UND

6. Wisconsin

7. SCSU

8. UMD

9. AA

10. MTU

That'll be easier to judge as the season goes longer. Is the conference tough as in we have a lot of top teams or is it tough because it's very even? DU got swept by SCSU so I don't know what to take out of that. CC doesn't sound like the force they were last year, who knows.

If I had to predict the final standings as things stand right now I'd go with...

1. Minnesota

2. CC

3. DU

4. Mankato

5. UND

6. Wisconsin

7. SCSU

8. UMD

9. AA

10. MTU

probably move wisc. up.

On a relatively unrelated note: I watched UAA/UND on Friday and MSU vs Miami today. I barely got through both games, but for very different reasons. I didn't realize just how fast the WCHA game really is. There is a TON of speed in the league. In the CCHA, they play a more fundamentally sound game (based on the game I watched) but it is slower and far less aggressive.

I think that's why I go WCHA first in non-conference matchups over anyone else when UND isn't playing. HEA might be similar, but I can't believe how fast our teams are compared to non-conference.

Not enough to make a great judgment I guess, but based on stats and people's comments on him, I think I can make a general statement like that.

Maybe you might want to wait till the Sioux light up the Kangaroo. :sad:

I think if I remember right Kangas started slow as a starter not bad but wasn't amazing early he got stronger as he went along and came on once the Frazee melt down happened. I also believe he will get a few past him if his defense keeps leaving him to face 30+ shots every game.

Maybe you might want to wait till the Sioux light up the Kangaroo. :sad:

I think if I remember right Kangas started slow as a starter not bad but wasn't amazing early he got stronger as he went along and came on once the Frazee melt down happened. I also believe he will get a few past him if his defense keeps leaving him to face 30+ shots every game.

Definitely true, it's hard to face that many shots. Although I guess I'm not sure if you watched but if you did, the defense played very well today. Hardly any of those shots were scary by any mean, and the ones that he left for easy rebounds the defense gobbled up really well. Lots of pucks left out in the open waiting to be buried but none were, can't blame the defense one bit. If I remember right Kangas hardly started until the Frazee meltdown, but in his starts prior to that he was not amazing, but not terrible.

How crazy is it that today was his first career shutout?

Definitely true, it's hard to face that many shots. Although I guess I'm not sure if you watched but if you did, the defense played very well today. Hardly any of those shots were scary by any mean, and the ones that he left for easy rebounds the defense gobbled up really well. Lots of pucks left out in the open waiting to be buried but none were, can't blame the defense one bit. If I remember right Kangas hardly started until the Frazee meltdown, but in his starts prior to that he was not amazing, but not terrible.

How crazy is it that today was his first career shutout?

not crazy one bit to me in college hockey unless you play cupcakes all the time. hes played barley 1 season total game wise and the wcha isnt the easiest league to get shutouts in.

cant wait to see brad playing in duluth. hes gona pick up 2 wins and the important 4 points