SiouxSports.com Forum

WCHA, College Hockey is underway

AZSIOUX

Fighting will always be part of hockey as long as the Canadians are in charge. No fears there.

I think fighting keeps the agitators like Matt Cooke in check. If the NHL did away with fighting the cheap shots would be out of control.

Of course the Boogey man would be out of a job.

• Replies 556
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think fighting keeps the agitators like Matt Cooke in check. If the NHL did away with fighting the cheap shots would be out of control.

Of course the Boogey man would be out of a job.

I agree with this.

My primary assertion, though, is that I'd love for the NHL to somehow make it very difficult for NHL teams to carry a player on their playing roster whose sole talent is fighting. Of course, that would put Boogaard out of a job too... but I think it would add to the game without eliminating fighting.

I agree with this.

My primary assertion, though, is that I'd love for the NHL to somehow make it very difficult for NHL teams to carry a player on their playing roster whose sole talent is fighting. Of course, that would put Boogaard out of a job too... but I think it would add to the game without eliminating fighting.

Fighting is actually up this season and more teams are employing the goon. Look at Milan Lucic the guy is the second coming of cam neely, he can fight and score. Makes him even more dangers, you don't know if he is going to check you, punch you or score a goal. The other day Boogaard was complaining about only playing 4 1/2 minutes a game. LOL...

Fighting is actually up this season and more teams are employing the goon. Look at Milan Lucic the guy is the second coming of cam neely, he can fight and score. Makes him even more dangers, you don't know if he is going to check you, punch you or score a goal. The other day Boogaard was complaining about only playing 4 1/2 minutes a game. LOL...

I have no problem with Lucic because he can do something more than just fight.

I wish his name didn't grate on my nerves though.

As for Boogaard's complaints, well, in my system he wouldn't even be in the NHL so take it for what you will.

Ryan Flynn will punch at least one person to the ground during the course of each Gopher/Sioux game, I'm calling it here. It's been 2 straight games now :D

then he will get clocked right back. no need to act tough when you arent :D

oh yeah, we need to continue our wcha pick em game so lets re hash a old post with the rules and make picks this week

oh and a real punch that does or means anything woud result in an ejection so they couldnt have been anything at all :D

gopherz/AZSIOUX WCHA pick'em

Scoreboard:

AZSIOUX: 6

gopherz: 3

1 point for picking the correct winning team, 2 points if you pick a tie.

Winner buys the loser a Sioux hat or Gopher hat of their choice at the end of the year...

BOLD winning team and DOUBLE BOLD if you pick a tie for that game

EDIT: Is that better you little crybaby? :D Only kidding :D

gopherz/AZSIOUX WCHA pick'em

Scoreboard:

AZSIOUX: 6

gopherz: 3

1 point for picking the correct winning team, 2 points if you pick a tie.

Winner buys the loser a Sioux hat or Gopher hat of their choice at the end of the year...

BOLD winning team and DOUBLE BOLD if you pick a tie for that game

geez, give me a real green color instead of the puke green :D

cool, will get the picks in this week...game on

Friday:

THE UNIVERSITY OF MINNESOTA GOLDEN GOPHERS @ NORTH DAKOTA

MINNESOTA STATE @ COLORADO COLLEGE

MINNESOTA-DULUTH @ ST. CLOUD STATE

MICHIGAN TECH @ DENVER

WISCONSIN @ ALASKA-ANCHORAGE

Saturday:

MICHIGAN TECH @ DENVER

then he will get clocked right back. no need to act tough when you arent :D

oh yeah, we need to continue our wcha pick em game so lets re hash a old post with the rules and make picks this week

oh and a real punch that does or means anything woud result in an ejection so they couldnt have been anything at all :D

Yeah good point we have a few guys that know how to get it done if they have to.

Tough weekend for UW, getting swept by NMU.

Tonight they had a 5-2 lead with less than 10min to go in the game before NMU stormed back and won in OT.

The WCHA definitely seems down this year. There might only be two or three teams that make it into the NCAA's with at-large berths...lots of teams will be gunning for the Broadmoor and the autobid.

DU also got beat up by BU...4-1.

Goon will be happy to know that Miami lost both games this weekend though.

A 4-2 loss to Clarkson and a 3-2 loss to Army, despite outshooting both teams by a combined 100-38. :D

Tough weekend for UW, getting swept by NMU.

Tonight they had a 5-2 lead with less than 10min to go in the game before NMU stormed back and won in OT.

The WCHA definitely seems down this year. There might only be two or three teams that make it into the NCAA's with at-large berths...lots of teams will be gunning for the Broadmoor and the autobid.

DU also got beat up by BU...4-1.

A 4-2 loss to Clarkson and a 3-2 loss to Army, despite outshooting both teams by a combined 100-38. :D

I'm not.

Miami is a cupcake.

I still maintain that the CCHA is made up of really 2 teams: Michigan and (as of late) Notre Dame. Occasionally MSU will show up, but really.... the rest are just flux contenders and no real threat on a national level (sad thing to say considering there are NC winners among them in LSSU, NMU, and BGSU... pretty sure they've won at least one NC each in the past)

Yeah I should get over to USCHO and start rubbing REDHACK'S nose in it.

This is why I don't think UND is out of it yet. Air Farce lost to QU and tied some other Cupcake this past weekend.

Friday:

MICHIGAN TECH @ DENVER

Saturday:

MICHIGAN TECH @ DENVER

AZSIOUX PICKS

Friday:

THE UNIVERSITY OF MINNESOTA GOLDEN GOPHERS @ UNIVERISTY OF NORTH DAKOTA FIGHTING SIOUX

MICHIGAN TECH @ DENVER

Saturday:

THE UNIVERSITY OF MINNESOTA GOLDEN GOPHERS @ THE UNIVERSITY OF NORTH DAKOTA FIGHTING SIOUX

MICHIGAN TECH @ DENVER

maybe someone could clarify this for me in that in sat gopher game northeastern was called for delay of game when the goalie shot the puck over the glass which is not supposed to be a penalty in the ncaa. the nu coach was told the wcha interprets the rule differently. on friday in bemidji with wcha officials the bsu goalie did the same thing but wasn't called for a penalty. what is the differnece between the two other than it wasn't a call to benefit the gophers?

maybe someone could clarify this for me in that in sat gopher game northeastern was called for delay of game when the goalie shot the puck over the glass which is not supposed to be a penalty in the ncaa. the nu coach was told the wcha interprets the rule differently. on friday in bemidji with wcha officials the bsu goalie did the same thing but wasn't called for a penalty. what is the differnece between the two other than it wasn't a call to benefit the gophers?

That is typical WCHA refs for you. Kangas has been called on it this year putting the Gophers two men down, I figured that is just how WCHA refs roll.

APPARENTLY (not exactly sure), it's only a penalty if the goalie does it and it's deemed intentional. Any other player can do it no matter what, and so can the goalie if its unintentional.

Again, this is all just what I've heard, nothing concrete so please don't rip me, just trying to help.

AZSIOUX PICKS

Friday:

THE UNIVERSITY OF MINNESOTA GOLDEN GOPHERS @ UNIVERISTY OF NORTH DAKOTA FIGHTING SIOUX

MICHIGAN TECH @ DENVER

Saturday:

THE UNIVERSITY OF MINNESOTA GOLDEN GOPHERS @ THE UNIVERSITY OF NORTH DAKOTA FIGHTING SIOUX

MICHIGAN TECH @ DENVER

Looks like a good week for me with your foolish first picks on Friday and Saturday :D

Especially since the Sioux apparently aren't even good enough where you can spell "University" right :D