SiouxSports.com Forum

former players

schmidtdoggydog

Who and when, will offer up Zach Parise a contract?

waiting game, hes restriced so new jersey can match any other offer but if another team makes a vanek style offer (as in more than new jersey may want to pay, NOT THAT SPECIFIC AMOUNT) he may be on the move, i still think he will be back in NJ

It's disappointing he got released by the Admirals. I'd go get my hockey fix while being home on X-mas break by going and watching him play.

Article states he's a free agent. Don't think he was released.

Sioux Traveler-

Who and When will sign Zach Parise?

I agree with AZSioux that he will more than likely end up a Devil. Espcially since the Devils lost the bidding war on Sheldon Souray. If you are wondering if there is competition to sign him, the answer is yes.

Kevin Lowe (GM of the Edmonton Oilers) has expressed interest in going after Zach after he lost the bidding war over Thomas Vanek.

Eagles Bring Back Schneeloth, McGrane
he defending Central Hockey League Champion Colorado Eagles inked deals that will keep forward Ed McGrane and defenseman Aaron Schneekloth in Eagles uniforms for the 2007-08 season.
A 2000 National Champion at the University of North Dakota, Schneekloth started his pro career with former Sioux teammate Brad Williamson in South Carolina with the Stingrays. He earned callups to the AHL the next three seasons that included a full season with the Grand Rapids Griffins where he ended with eight points in 59 games in 2003-04. During the 2005-06 campaign he scored a career-high 16 goals, while earning his first CHL All-Star Appearance with the Austin Ice Bats.

zpar signed, no word on amount yet, grat for zach and the devils!! im guessing 5-6 years around 25-30 million

http://devils.nhl.com/team/app/?service=pa...rticleid=335555

Great news. I'd think a multi-year deal around 30 million would be accurate. There were guys who didn't put up the numbers that he did, getting deals about that. Anyways, great news for the Devils and for Zach.

I guess not, 4 years 12.5 million... Fire that agent...

http://www.usatoday.com/sports/hockey/2007...793164968_x.htm

Nothing wrong with his agent, Zach just drinks the koolaid.gif

Not saying Lou didn't get the better end of this deal, but the Devils are big on performance bonuses, which don't count against the cap, and which Lou doesn't disclose to press. Zach will get more than enough $$$ for what he contributes and in the long run his loyalty will be rewarded.

Nothing wrong with his agent, Zach just drinks the koolaid.gif

Not saying Lou didn't get the better end of this deal, but the Devils are big on performance bonuses, which don't count against the cap, and which Lou doesn't disclose to press. Zach will get more than enough $$$ for what he contributes and in the long run his loyalty will be rewarded.

But come on, 12.5 million won't pay the bills...

The finer details of Zach's contract are out.

"It's tough to say [buffalo's] Thomas Vanek got $50 million, so where's my $50 million?" Parise said. "It's a good feeling, that's for sure," Parise said. "I'm happy about it. I hope they're happy about. Now we'll just move on."

No one attempted to sign him to an offer sheet (read: they're all scared of Lou)

As expected, his salary is stepped over the 4 year contract. Cap hit is $3.125 Million.

He earned $703,000 last season.

07-08 = $2 Million

08-09 = $2.5 Million

09-10 = $3 Million

10-11 = $5 Million

I tend to agree. "Incentives" are usually one of the hallmarks of Devs' contracts. As well, if Parise didn't sign, he didn't have to, but he probably would have been traded or forced to sit out. For a 23 year old, that's a boatload of money. Neil Sheehy reps Zach, and he's not an idiot.

Ran into Troy Murray today at work, looks good and is the nicest guy. He had a lot of good things to say about the Blackhawks this season. Better yet, he believes Toews will be the Hawks go to guy by December.

Lastly, he asked, Is it true they opened and another red pepper? His only response to me was, it will never match the one downtown.

Anybody got any information on Brady Murray's chances of making the NHL roster this year? I read one article about the development camp scrimmage where he had the game-winner, but with all the talent LA has signed these last few months, I am curious to see if he will get his shot or if he will spend a few years in the minors.

Lastly, he asked, Is it true they opened and another red pepper? His only response to me was, it will never match the one downtown.

Actually that one by campus is a lot nicer and the food was the same. I had forgotten how big their sandwhiches were.

Anybody got any information on Brady Murray's chances of making the NHL roster this year? I read one article about the development camp scrimmage where he had the game-winner, but with all the talent LA has signed these last few months, I am curious to see if he will get his shot or if he will spend a few years in the minors.

not sure on brady, maybe a year in the AHL or maybe not, i dont think he played in a scoring friendly league overseas so not sure how he would stack up in the NHL, i will say he will be an AHL player

I loved the way Matt Smaby played while here...any chance he makes the big club this year?

yup, he could make the show from the get go, all a numbers game and what tyoe of improvement he made. im betting he wil be a 5-6 d man for the lighting this next season.

not sure on brady, maybe a year in the AHL or maybe not, i dont think he played in a scoring friendly league overseas so not sure how he would stack up in the NHL, i will say he will be an AHL player

I agree completely. I don't know how long Brady will be in the AHL, but he will definitely start the year in the AHL at least.

Brady, at least when I watched him, plays the type of game that really works in the new NHL. I don't know how his game will directly translate to the NHL either. However, I look forward to hearing about his progress.