SiouxSports.com Forum

former players

schmidtdoggydog

If you look on NHL.com, the quote of the day comes from NJ Devil (and former LSSU'er) Brian Rolston concerning Parise:

''His work ethic is superior to everyone else's. When I see these young guys getting called up, I tell them, 'If you want to be successful, watch him.' With the things he does every day at practice and every night in games, you can't go wrong.''-- Devils forward Brian Rolston on teammate Zach Parise

Not anything we don't already know, but it's nice to have that effort validated by others around him.

Oh, and did anyone catch Commie on NHL Live on Friday? He was a great interview.

Parise gets a pair of goals tonight to snap a 12 game goal-less streak. One is the game winner.

Zajac gets an assist in the game as well.

Unrelated note: NJD's Andrew Peters gets 1 shift, plays 13 seconds of the game and garners 5 minute major (fighting) and a 10 minute game misconduct. So.... he spends a lot more time in the box than on the ice.

I noticed a Lee Brodeur played for UND for one season in 84-85 before transferring to Western Michigan. He was a 4th round pick by Montreal (home of Martin Brodeur), so was intrigued by the possibility of him being relation to Martin...despite knowing that it's probably a longshot.

Anyone know for sure?

I noticed a Lee Brodeur played for UND for one season in 84-85 before transferring to Western Michigan. He was a 4th round pick by Montreal (home of Martin Brodeur), so was intrigued by the possibility of him being relation to Martin...despite knowing that it's probably a longshot.

Anyone know for sure?

Probably not, I'm pretty sure his brothers' names are Denis and Claude. And if he were a cousin or something he probably would've mentioned it in passing with all the Devils that have gone through UND.

Speaking of goalies named Brodeur . . . there appears to be one currently at SSM (Marty's oldest son). Perhaps Zach and Travis can persuade Marty into a visit to UND in a few years if Anthony turns out to be any good.

Probably not, I'm pretty sure his brothers' names are Denis and Claude. And if he were a cousin or something he probably would've mentioned it in passing with all the Devils that have gone through UND.

Speaking of goalies named Brodeur . . . there appears to be one currently at SSM (Marty's oldest son). Perhaps Zach and Travis can persuade Marty into a visit to UND in a few years if Anthony turns out to be any good.

might be a little less than a few years, if what I can find is correct...he was born in 1995 and will turn 15 soon....Somebody better not drop the ball here (Zach, Travis...this means you). Though, this is a random question, as former players can Zach and Travis tell someone that they should visit UND? Or can they only answer questions if asked? This probably doesn't make sense because I am not sure how to explain it.

Anyone know for sure?

Doubtful. Lee Brodeur was a Graton Spoiler. He played on a line with a couple of other kids who really lit it up in the early 80's for Grafton. Don't think any of them had great coolege success, however.

might be a little less than a few years, if what I can find is correct...he was born in 1995 and will turn 15 soon....Somebody better not drop the ball here (Zach, Travis...this means you). Though, this is a random question, as former players can Zach and Travis tell someone that they should visit UND? Or can they only answer questions if asked? This probably doesn't make sense because I am not sure how to explain it.

If they're considered to be Sioux boosters (which can mean 'fan', former player, etc.), I think they can tell anyone about the great program and encourage a visit but they can't 'fund' it in anyway. That would include giving him a jersey or t-shirt or a meal at a REA concession stand or even a little thing like a Sioux logo key chain.