SiouxSports.com Forum

former players

schmidtdoggydog

Pretty sure we all know they wont hold a grudge. I'd say Greene wont for sure, since he put the smackdown on the Punk from Denver during thier team practice, and then went out to dinner with him later. Pretty sure the Punk bought though.

I doubt Commodore will either. All that is just business as usual.

That's the "rest of the story" that no one knows about...Matt went out to dinner with him, then never came back after he went to the bathroom! :D

Toews now has 15 pts in his last 9 and 2/3 games. (10g, 5a). He can still add to it in the final period this afternoon.

Yeah talk about being on fire, and he is on one of my fantasy hockey team.

I am happy my Bruins could hang on and win.

In some ways, they remind me of the Cubs.

They blow away the field in the first half of the year, build a great lead, and then sluff off.

Now, I don't know if the Bruins have locked up a postseason berth (clinched, as they say) regardless of their position or record from here on out, but when the Cubs clinched the NL Central, they simply sluffed off and then failed to show up at all for the second year in a row in the postseason.

What will the Bruins do?

As for the Greene Commodore deal, it doesn't matter if they'd played together, in the heat of battle you do what you have to do. They are professionals now. It isn't personal, and I am sure they will joke about it if they meet up in the off season. They both have jobs to do that are playing physical and protecting their teammates. It was a clean fight, totally within the code. Greene landed a bunch of decent shots, Commy ended it with a big right. Good fight, clean, fair. No repercusions.

meh. :sad:

Beats what my Wings have done lately.

They made the Wild, Preds, and now Columbus look like offensive juggernauts.

That's ok, really, the Wings aren't going to win the Cup this year anyways.

Man... it's like a Sioux fan watching Siembida all over again. Osgood is sooooooooooooooo ridiculously bad this year.

And their D.... good gravy. Red Wings are cursed with Minnesota Gopher D this year.

the jackets made a once in a life time mockery of your wings last night, not quite as bad as the preds though.

IIRC the Jackets were floundering a bit offensively... or maybe that's the Preds. Who cares.

The Wild have zero offense and they still dropped 5 on my wings.

As a Red Wing fan I have to say..... it is unbelievable. We have one of the, if not the, best offenses in the NHL and on the other side, we have one of the worst defenses and goaltending in the NHL.

Simply amazing.

Can't blame Babcock. Can't really blame the forwards either. Other than the game against the Jackets, Lidstrom did a good job even in the losses. Rafalski has been Jekyl and Hyde all season long. Osgood has been flat out awful.

Conklin has done well since he's playing a role far greater than he is capable of doing. It's like we're back to the days of Cheveldae.

With Osgood's play this year, can you honestly believe that his name is on the Stanley Cup 3 times? Incredible. If this year were his norm, he'd be in Europe or an AHL goaltender tops.

I was ecstatic when the Wings picked up Hossa. Now I'm disappointed that Hossa had to rejoin the Pens if they wore different jerseys.

Now, I don't know if the Bruins have locked up a postseason berth (clinched, as they say) regardless of their position or record from here on out, but when the Cubs clinched the NL Central, they simply sluffed off and then failed to show up at all for the second year in a row in the postseason.

What will the Bruins do?

The Bruins are probably going to be the number one seed unless they pee it down the side of their legs.

This was posted on a St. Louis Blues message board. Way to go JPL!

Alaska rookie Jean-Philippe Lamoureux stopped 30 shots in a 2-0 win against Las Vegas on Sunday for his seventh shutout of the season to tie the ECHL record set by Maxime Gingras of Richmond in 1998-99 and tied by David Brumby of Jackson in 1999-2000 and Frederic Cloutier of Louisiana in 2001-02.

The 24 year old is 26-14-2 and leads the league in wins with 26 and save percentage with .923 while ranking second with a goals-against average of 2.30.

He is 4-1-0 with two shutouts, a goals-against average of 1.41 and a save percentage of .948 in his last five starts.

I am surprised they didn't pick up a trade dead line deal in net.

Who would give them a player that could end up being their missing piece?

Besides, not a whole lot of good goaltenders on the block.

It's a loss basically.

Too bad. This is an amazing offense and incredible PP.