SiouxSports.com Forum

former players

schmidtdoggydog

I personally hate the Oilers, goes back to the days when they were good in the late 1980's and early 1990's and they beat my Boston Bruins in the stanley Cup.
So you're saying I shouldn't mention Petr Klima? ;)

I wouldn't call defeating the Red Wings that big of a deal. Anyone could see that one coming.

Honestly, how many people saw that coming? I'm among the most optimistic Oiler fans and I sure didn't. Neither did a single media preview I read.

I personally think their luck has run out.

I'll agree with you to a point; there are times luck plays a factor in a single victory along the way. But if you're saying they were lucky to qualify for the playoffs, and lucky to beat Detroit (in less than 7), and lucky to beat San Jose (in less than 7) and lucky to beat Anaheim (in less than 7), that means they are now entering their fourth month of a "lucky run."

The law of averages would have seen to it that a lucky streak like that would have ended WEEKS ago.

But no matter what the reason(s), I'm enjoying the hell out of it!

Not to pat myself on the back....but I had an inkling that Edmonton would continue their late season run with Rolie...wasn't sure that they would win against Detroit, but thought enough to take a shot on the money line(on Bodog). Remember Detroit was good, but their record as good as it was, was a little distorted 25-3-4 in their weak division.

So you're saying I shouldn't mention Petr Klima? ;)

Honestly, how many people saw that coming? I'm among the most optimistic Oiler fans and I sure didn't. Neither did a single media preview I read.

I'll agree with you to a point; there are times luck plays a factor in a single victory along the way. But if you're saying they were lucky to qualify for the playoffs, and lucky to beat Detroit (in less than 7), and lucky to beat San Jose (in less than 7) and lucky to beat Anaheim (in less than 7), that means they are now entering their fourth month of a "lucky run."

The law of averages would have seen to it that a lucky streak like that would have ended WEEKS ago.

But no matter what the reason(s), I'm enjoying the hell out of it!

I think the Oilers are lucky to have #44.

If anyone's Luck has run out, it's Carolina's. They were lucky to get back into the game last night and Buffalo knew it. My goodness, Cam Ward and Ryan Miller played well. Conversely, my goodness was that some sloppy-arsed hockey played by Carolina. I mean, if they could have passed better and if they could have finished better. Yeah, I know Justin Williams blew a HUGE open net goal and Doug Weight picked a brilliant time to get caught playing too much of the body, but did you see how many times the Hurricanes couldn't corral the pass even when they weren't being pressured by the Sabres?

Folks, all Buffalo has to do is play their game like they did last night and all Carolina has to do is have a passing game like they did last night and Buffalo goes on to play Edmonton. I don't care how good Ward is in net.

Carolina looked like the Sioux did during their toils last season at times. They had Buffalo in the position they wanted, had the pressure they needed, but couldn't complete a pass to save their butts.

commiee!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

On a side note yesterday Nate Miller on P.A. and Dubay refered to Mike Commodore as a side show. Yep, the same Nate Miller from the Movie Miracle. The same Miller that never made the NHL. I suppose he didn't mean anything hateful by it but, Commodore is one of Carolina's Top Defenseman.

Thats a hell of show big Mike, big goal.

Lets Go Canes lets bet the Dirty Sabres...

Great win by the Canes even though at times, they reminded me of Game Six. I can't imagine what I'd be saying about Justin Williams had he missed the shot that put them up 4-2, though. That makes Williams 1 for 3 in open net attempts in the past two games. Admittedly, the second attempt that missed was because Weight made an awful pass.

Anyways, Buffalo has nothing to be ashamed of here. They played a really good series and a great game. Ryan Miller was fantastic. It was genuinely entertaining.

And Nate Miller is half right. Off the ice, Commodore IS a side show. I mean, how many other players go around in robes etc off the ice and, if there are, how many make it a media ploy? His hair is for a good cause (some sort of cancer or disadvantaged kids charity), There is NOTHING wrong with being a fan favorite for something other than scoring goals or making great saves. It brings glamor to an otherwise unglamorous job. I mean, right now, do you think there is at least one kid that is saying to mom or dad "I want to be like Mike Commodore!" You better believe it! No, I don't expect Commie to change the role of a defenseman (and a defensive defenseman at that) into a role that's as glitzy as that of a football QB, a baseball's power hitter, or even a hockey's goal scoring superstar, but it does bring some attention to the role to youth hockey.

Oh yeah, and Ryan Miller and Cam Ward both did their parts to further that position among the youth hockey faithful. I mean, they are young and they went that far. Both took different routes to get where they are (Miller went to Michigan State, Ward went to Red Deer in the WHL (Coincidentally, Red Deer owned and still owns Drew Stafford's rights), a major juniors team), and both are highly touted and regarded.

What a great series but an unfortunate short coming ratings wise.

Let's face it, between OLN and the market size of Edmonton, Buffalo, and Carolina, this isn't the best Stanley Cup Finals to bring back to NBC after the lockout. I'm ok with it personally, as I'm such a HUGE proponent of parity in the pro ranks, but I understand the ESPN analysts on this one.

What a great series but an unfortunate short coming ratings wise.

Let's face it, between OLN and the market size of Edmonton, Buffalo, and Carolina, this isn't the best Stanley Cup Finals to bring back to NBC after the lockout. I'm ok with it personally, as I'm such a HUGE proponent of parity in the pro ranks, but I understand the ESPN analysts on this one.

What an awesome series. To hell with the pundents that don't like this series because they are small market teams. We are in for an awesome final. Both teams fly and play good defense. I am hoping Carolina chews up and spits out Edmonton.

What an awesome series. To hell with the pundents that don't like this series because they are small market teams. We are in for an awesome final. Both teams fly and play good defense. I am hoping Carolina chews up and spits out Edmonton.

as am I. after watching the canes get so close in 2002, the sioux get so close in 2004-2005, and again in 2005-2006, i want someone who deserves it to win!!!

Canes in 5

On a side note yesterday Nate Miller on P.A. and Dubay refered to Mike Commodore as a side show. Yep, the same Nate Miller from the Movie Miracle. The same Miller that never made the NHL. I suppose he didn't mean anything hateful by it but, Commodore is one of Carolina's Top Defenseman.

Thats a hell of show big Mike, big goal.

Lets Go Canes lets bet the Dirty Sabres...

What a freaking fool.

He calls Commodore a sideshow. Way to go nate, nothing like reminding everyone that you not only were a crappy college player and a !@#!$ actor but you don't know a thing about the game either. Wow.

Didn't Nate supposedly play forward for the Gophs?

Nate's sophmore season for tumtc he had 8 goals and 6 assists, his junior year he had 6 goals and 8 assists.

Commie had 5 goals and 8 assists his sophmore season and as a junior he had 5 goals and 7 assists while playing defense!!!

Not only could Commie kick his sorry talentless ass, but he is the more "skilled" player of the 2.

Hey Nate, Melrose is on line 2. hahahahahahaha....don't hold your breath.

When do you start shooting Miracle 2?;)

What a freaking fool.

He calls Commodore a sideshow. Way to go nate, nothing like reminding everyone that you not only were a crappy college player and a !@#!$ actor but you don't know a thing about the game either. Wow.

Didn't Nate supposedly play forward for the Gophs?

Nate's sophmore season for tumtc he had 8 goals and 6 assists, his junior year he had 6 goals and 8 assists.

Commie had 5 goals and 8 assists his sophmore season and as a junior he had 5 goals and 7 assists while playing defense!!!

Not only could Commie kick his sorry talentless ass, but he is the more "skilled" player of the 2.

Hey Nate, Melrose is on line 2. hahahahahahaha....don't hold your breath.

When do you start shooting Miracle 2?;)

You know in Goofer land they really have a superiourity complex. No matter how good the Sioux are the Gophers are better due to entitlement.

i like matt cause i got to watch him play last year at my first year at UND. but i am from NC, so i am a huge canes fan.....so go commy!!......

and just to remind some poeple......matt got a DWI at UND in that last season he played......obviously the NHL didnt care.....do they ever take those kinda things into consideration?

i like matt cause i got to watch him play last year at my first year at UND. but i am from NC, so i am a huge canes fan.....so go commy!!......

and just to remind some poeple......matt got a DWI at UND in that last season he played......obviously the NHL didnt care.....do they ever take those kinda things into consideration?

not to be mean but who gives a sht about the dwi, what does that have to do with the finals?? and yes everyone knows about that on this board

im routing for the red headed defensemen that played for the sioux....oh wait :ohmy: