SiouxSports.com Forum

former players

schmidtdoggydog

Absolutely right. Plus he took a big step towards securing a future career option by permanently becoming a "non-import" player in the Swiss league. Had he not gone this season, he would have been unable to secure this designation. Now he can return to North America, give pro hockey a shot here, and head off to a nice Swiss career if it doesn't work out here. It's unfortunate for UND that it worked out that way, but he did the right thing.

What does a "non import" mean?

Absolutely right. Plus he took a big step towards securing a future career option by permanently becoming a "non-import" player in the Swiss league. Had he not gone this season, he would have been unable to secure this designation. Now he can return to North America, give pro hockey a shot here, and head off to a nice Swiss career if it doesn't work out here. It's unfortunate for UND that it worked out that way, but he did the right thing.

What does a "non import" mean?

It has to do with the fact Murray was "born" in Switzerland when his dad was playing/coaching there. This was the last year of a loop hole in the Swiss League rules that Murray could claim Swiss citizenship for the purpose of playing in that league because he was born there. So, by using his citizenship status and playing there this year, he can play in the Swiss league as a non-import.

The imports in the league are those players who came from outside of Switzerland and each team can only have so many imports on the roster (don't know the number, could be as few as 2).

Don't forget Murray used his dual citizenship (US and Canada) to play WJ with the US team, though his Sioux bio listed him as being from Brandon, Manitoba! So he played for US, won a gold medal, and yet, most likely, would not have even been invited to the Canadian Junior tryout camp since he was not from the CHL (just ask Travis Zajac), though they did invite and keep Toews this year.

If you don't see Brady Murray making the NHL, then why would he not take the 300-400 Grand while he can get it. If someone offered me that kind of money to do something I love, I would take it in a heartbeat, especially if I were a smaller stature like Brady.

I don't always understand pro-teams paying big money for a guy who's going to be playing in the minors for several years.

But, if the teams are willing to pay them, then I don't find fault with someone making money doing what they're willing to do for free.

Zach Parise scored his 10th goal of the season (2 in 2 nights), in tonight's Devils/Bruins game.

Zach Parise tonight - 1G (game winning), 0A, +1, Devils win....Sioux win

Thomas Vanek tonight - 0G, 0A, even, Buffalo loses....Gophers lose

Coincidence? I think not!

Zach Parise scores his 11th goal of the season in tonight's Devils/Sabres game. I believe that's 4 points in the last 5 games for Zach.

Didn't Parise also have a goal not count at the end of a period because time ran out? Or did they review that goal again and give it to him?

Didn't Parise also have a goal not count at the end of a period because time ran out? Or did they review that goal again and give it to him?

Yep, Parise had one at the end of the 2nd that was reviewed...time ran out, kind of stinks, but he got it back :lol: Zach has been playing some great hockey lately for the Devils, he really seems to be getting a lot of confidence in what he is doing out there, and he has always worked really hard. Lots of fun watching him play. Hale has really been solid on D as well. I had almost forgotten how hard that guy can hit :love:

Yep, Parise had one at the end of the 2nd that was reviewed...time ran out, kind of stinks, but he got it back :lol: Zach has been playing some great hockey lately for the Devils, he really seems to be getting a lot of confidence in what he is doing out there, and he has always worked really hard. Lots of fun watching him play. Hale has really been solid on D as well. I had almost forgotten how hard that guy can hit :love:

ZPar is now on NJ's first line with Gomez and Gionta. His scoring has become more regular since that change.

Edmonton played last night, but Matt Greene did not. Anyone know the story on that?

Oilers site story on the game says this........

Marc-Andre Bergeron returned to the lineup from a knee injury, displacing Matt Greene...

Mike Commodore got kicked out of the game between the Huricanes and the Thrashers.

Apparently you can get a third man in even when its not a major penalty. Neither the announcers or Mike or were aware of that rule, frankly I am sure most aren't aware of that rule.

Mike Commodore got kicked out of the game between the Huricanes and the Thrashers.

Apparently you can get a third man in even when its not a major penalty. Neither the announcers or Mike or were aware of that rule, frankly I am sure most aren't aware of that rule.

I don't follow you....

Bochenski got his first goal with the Blackhawks. Looks like it was his 7th overall. Doesn't appear that he is getting a ton of shifts. About 4 a period. Not sure what line he is on.

I have watched a few Blackhawk games since Brandon was traded, he seems a bit lost from what I have seen. Definitely not on the roll he was before his injury in Ottawa. New team and system is what I am hoping, I thought he would have a great chance to showcase his talent in Chicago.

I have watched a few Blackhawk games since Brandon was traded, he seems a bit lost from what I have seen. Definitely not on the roll he was before his injury in Ottawa. New team and system is what I am hoping, I thought he would have a great chance to showcase his talent in Chicago.

Brandon with only 5 minutes in last night's game. Is he on their 4th line or something?