SiouxSports.com Forum

former players

schmidtdoggydog

I see that Edmonton just recalled a d-man from the ECHL! That seems like quite a leap. Is it someone that was on a rehab assignment? Does anybody know how Greene is doing down in Iowa?

I went to see Greene play he looked good he made some nice hits and the stars won. The atmosphere at a hockey game in Iowa is very different. Matt had a good hit on someone and the guy 2 rows behind me yelled "Not on our court!" as well as the fact that they explain rules like icing on the big screen. Unfortunately they didn't do it soon enough because the guy next to me leaned over and asked what icing was and why they don't call it when a team is light (short) handed. ???

ESPN screwed up their box score or they never updated their roster because apparently Jeff Ulmer scored a goal in the OTT vs NYI game on Friday.

Here is the boxscore of the game.

It is a wishful bit of misinformation as Ulmer gets credited for Hamel's goal on ESPN.com. I should clarify that Jeff Ulmer is playing overseas. ???

Edited by redwing77

capt.tpa10911260338.devils_lightning_tpa109.jpg

Zach gets into a tussle late in tonight's game; looks like some bigger NJ guys came in to help him out.

I watched this game. Parise and Cory Sarich came together late in the game. Parise basically gave Sarich some wood to the face (which I applaud) and then Sarich popped him with a right. They then did the huggy bear dance while that little scumbag Sergei Brylin jumped in and later started kicking. Brylin got about 1/2 million pims for that one. I expect him to receive the same penalty Havlat received earlier for using his skates for something other than skating.

I noticed Karl G. isn't with Columbus anymore, where is he at now and how is he doing?

Also where is scorin Goren at?

I believe that Karl is skating with the U.S. team over in Europe. Unfortunately he got bombed pretty hard the other night and the announcers were not too kind about his play. Here is a link to a recent story. See the right hand side of the page.

http://proxy.espn.go.com/keyword/searchRes...spn&CMP=IL20269

Edited by Siouxman

I believe that Karl is skating with the U.S. team over in Europe. Unfortunately he got bombed pretty hard the other night and the announcers were not too kind about his play. Here is a link to a recent story. See the right hand side of the page.

http://proxy.espn.go.com/keyword/searchRes...spn&CMP=IL20269

karl goehring has played 2 games with the san antonio rampage in the AHL..0-2 in 2 starts..

goren is in vancouver with the canucks...

heres the list I made....

zach parise...new jersey NHL...

brandon bochenski (sent down to AHL) ottowa NHL...

ed belfour...toronto NHL...

lee goren...vancuver NHL...

mike commodore...carolina NHL...

jason blake...new york isles NHL...

greg johnson...nashville NHL...

ryan johnson..st louis NHL...

http://www.scrj.ch/lakers_0506/index.php

jeff panzer...rapperswil-jona lakers SWISS LEAGUE...cant read the language to find stats

brady murray...rapperswil-jona lakers SWISS LEAGUE...

landon wilson...davos...SWISS LEAGUE...

david hale...albany AHL..broke his nose and missed a couple games....

andy schneider...scranton AHL...

matt greene...iowa AHL...

karl goehring..san antonio AHL

matt jones..san antonio AHL...

ryan bayda...manitoba AHL

bryan lundbohm...houston AHL..

curtis murphy...houston AHL...

travis roche...chicago AHL...

david lundbohm...providence AHL...

brad bombardir...springfield AHL...

chris leinweber...utah ECHL...

trevor hammer...florida seals SPHL...

jeff ulmer...hamburg DEL...

jason ulmer...kassel DEL...

tim o'connel...missouri UHL...

jason notermann...rockford...UHL...

[karl goehring has played 2 games with the san antonio rampage in the AHL..0-2 in 2 starts..

jason notermann...rockford...UHL...

First off I was told he went to Chicago after returning from Finland? How did he get to San Antonio?

Does anyone know if he is signed for the season.

Also, I checked on line and Jason Notermann is 4th in the league in Schooling in the UHL.

Pretty impressive if you ask me.

http://www.sarampage.com/goehring_051119.shtml

This explains it. Funny how Chicago/Atlanta has had goalie issues and he doesn't stick and

then goes to to the Phoenix farm club.

First off I was told he went to Chicago after returning from Finland? How did he get to San Antonio?

Also, I checked on line and Jason Notermann is 4th in the league in Schooling in the UHL.

goehring is in san antonio,has been for almost 2 weeks..AHL for the phoenix coyotes...not sure if hes there for the season, just depends on how he does i guess...

I thought Matt Jones was called up to the NHL, just this week.

matt is up and has played 2 games so far with the coyotes, will play tonight then probably be sent back down to san antonio with other d men getting healthy..he has been solid not making mistakes...

the list i reposted is not updated..will try to update it 1 time a month...

Goehring was waived by Chicago. I don't think he had played in a game. Info must have been lost from this thread because it was posted when it happened.

Didn't know Notermann was an education major... :D;)

goehring is in san antonio,has been for almost 2 weeks..AHL for the phoenix coyotes...not sure if hes there for the season, just depends on how he does i guess...

After looking at some of the scores, it appears that its a good opportunity to get a foot in the door.

Goalies have been going down like crazy this season. Maybe just maybe Karl will get a chance to stick some where.

Thanks. I just got to thinking about former players as I am watching Parise.

Parise was benched for last night's game against the Flyers.

Hammer is such a great hockey name. I have season tickets to the Seals and the guy I go with won his Veteran's Day game-worn jersey in a silent auction.

Edited by Ruffian