GeauxSioux

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2008 per game comparison:

UND ISU

SCORING 116.0 ppg 34.0 ppg

Averaging 116 points per game is going to be tough to continue with the tougher schedule coming up. I do expect that we should average about 70-80 at the end of the season however. I am sorry, but the offense will likely "slow down" based on the remaining schedule.

2008 per game comparison:

UND ISU

SCORING 116.0 ppg 34.0 ppg

Averaging 116 points per game is going to be tough to continue with the tougher schedule coming up. I do expect that we should average about 70-80 at the end of the season however. I am sorry, but the offense will likely "slow down" based on the remaining schedule.

UND is averaging 116 points per game? Shouldn't that be total points for the season? Also...ISU has only played two games to UND's three.

The more I read about Idaho State's defense, the better I like the matchup. Last year, they gave up nearly 300 yards per game through the air. This year, while Boise St. threw for big yards against them, they also gave up nearly 250 yards on the ground against Idaho, who Sagarin has as the worst FBS team in the country. According to Mussman on the coaches' show last night, they're also going to be starting a true freshman at safety after benching the previous starter.

Another ISU blog entry..... Is there really a game Thursday?

By that same token, North Dakota hasn’t played anyone but D-II and D-III schools so far. That should bode well for the Bengals on Thursday; the game should slow down for the how team, and it will speed up for the visitors. That’s going to make a big difference early, and should the Bengals take advantage and build a lead in the first quarter, I predict a big win for Idaho State. If, however, the home squad starts slow yet again, this is going to be a close game right to the end.

Go Sioux!!!

I just finished listening to the pregame wav file from the above post. One guy said the Bengals would win by 11, the other said a 14 point Bengal win. They also said if the Bengals get an early lead they are looking at a blow out.

I hope someone on the Sioux coaching staff is catching all of this for motivation.

I'm sticking with my 21-10 Sioux win prediction.

Go Sioux!!!!

This guy must be Pocatello's version of McFeely.

The Fighting Sioux have played the definition of a weak nonconference schedule this year. Check out this three-game slate: Texas A&M Kingsville, St. Cloud State and Wisconsin-Lacrosse. Though to their credit if you take away Kingsville and -Lacrosse from that list North Dakota suddenly would have an incredibly hard schedule.

So...

TAMKU+SCSU+LACROSSE = Weak non-conference schedule

but

BYE+SCSU+BYE = Incredibly hard schedule

Is that what he is saying?

North Dakota has had only four days off and is used to playing Division III competition.

We have played one DIII school in the last 5 years? 10 years? Ever?

GO SIOUX!