SiouxSports.com Forum

Hey Hockey Mom

Fetch

She has rabies.

Now now....

Hey, in other news, CNN had a "political expert" (notice the "'s) that explained that both Republicans and Democrats were sexist. The Democrats because of the whole Hillary Clinton not getting a VP berth (if not the candidacy) and McCain because he's supposedly using a woman to try to NOT look sexist. Seriously, I nearly choked up my Raisin Bran this morning listening to that sad, sad excuse for a woman. I suppose the fact that she talked super slow and looked like a curly haired basset hound didn't help. ???

Did you know that the CEO for the Republican National Convention Host Committee is a UND grad...

The Quiet Giant

Jeff Larson is "perhaps the most powerful GOP operative nationwide," says Sarah Janecek. "And he earned it." Many say that he was also the single most important person in bringing the Republican National Convention to St. Paul.

St. Paul hopes GOP convention wows guests

Jeff Larson, the host committee's CEO, says the entire Twin Cities area will benefit from the convention. He hopes it will prompt organizations to hold conventions here, attract new businesses and bring people back for vacations. "People come here a little bit skeptical but leave saying 'Wow,' " he says.
I was listening to Neil Boortz this week while he was broadcasting from the convention and he did say WOW about St. Paul. He loved it. He also "good naturedly said he that he was set up next to that "bed wetter" Ed Schultz. ???

BTW, Jeff is my brother. We're all very proud of him. Nice job, Jeff. :lol:

Keep leaning toward McCain.

He's an old dude and the possibility that something medical could incapacitate him is a very real concern of mine. She's not my choice for 'President in waiting'. I have to hear alot more from both sides (besides the bashing of the other side) before I make any decisions.

He's an old dude and the possibility that something medical could incapacitate him is a very real concern of mine. She's not my choice for 'President in waiting'. I have to hear alot more from both sides (besides the bashing of the other side) before I make any decisions.

there will be an issue that comes up with you that will make your decision easy. I had that happen to me earlier this week, and as I lifelong Democrat I will not be voting for Obama but McCain. there really are huge differences between the two. She's not my first choice as a VP candidate but if God forbid soemthing were to happen she would have quality people around her to help advise her. She is less of a risk than Obama on certain issues domestically, foreign or moraly(sp). remember you vote for the top of the ticket.

there will be an issue that comes up with you that will make your decision easy. I had that happen to me earlier this week, and as I lifelong Democrat I will not be voting for Obama but McCain. there really are huge differences between the two. She's not my first choice as a VP candidate but if God forbid soemthing were to happen she would have quality people around her to help advise her. She is less of a risk than Obama on certain issues domestically, foreign or moraly(sp). remember you vote for the top of the ticket.

Censorship via book burning ('Do it or your fired!') scares the hell out of me.

Read it already. But, thanks for the link. Here's one that I think is unbiased. Any way you read it Palin did want to censor the library's book selection. People who don't agree with her lose their jobs. She bounces from one platform to another, contradicting herself in the process. I'm also wondering why the Alaska oil pipe line has to go through Canada. I can't find the link again (I've been reading too many links regarding both parties) but I did read that if the oil in the pipe line falls below a certain level Canada would be paid a 'penalty'. How does that benefit the U.S. economy? I just have to wait for the dust to settle (after the conventions) to hear more about how my country is going to benefit from one or the other candidate in office.

Like it or not, a candidate who has had an invasive malignant melanoma may face that crisis again and his VP choice is going to be under a lot more scrutiny than anyother VP choice in history. IMHO, of course. I've got a lot of reading and decision making before I enter that booth come November.

http://www.freep.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article...EWS15/809070475