SiouxSports.com Forum

Murray to Kings

sprig

He went earlier than most expected. They must have really liked him when he worked out with the team over the past year. I'm still betting Murray's here at least three years, but he really lit it up in the BCHL.

Interesting article too. Looks like Zach has been spending time in the weight room too. ;)

ESPN praises NJD for its Parise pick - compares him to Scott Gomez.

Comparison to Gomez, but size comparison to Gionta. Interesting in that Parise actually compares in size closely to Brylin, Madden, and Gomez, while Gionta is a shrimp (5-7).

At any rate, hope NJ isn't thinking he compares to Gomez at a similar age, as he didn't even make it to his first year of college.

Also interesting that the Wild' first pick (#20), Burns, was moved from defense last year, to right wing this year, and grew from 5-9 to 6-4 in that year. CSB moved him from #101 midseason to #39 at draft time (7 inches=42 spots).

Wonder if hockey players get spam on ways to get bigger? ;)

Comparison to Gomez, but size comparison to Gionta. Interesting in that Parise actually compares in size closely to Brylin, Madden, and Gomez, while Gionta is a shrimp (5-7).

At any rate, hope NJ isn't thinking he compares to Gomez at a similar age, as he didn't even make it to his first year of college.

Also interesting that the Wild' first pick (#20), Burns, was moved from defense last year, to right wing this year, and grew from 5-9 to 6-4 in that year. CSB moved him from #101 midseason to #39 at draft time (7 inches=42 spots).

Wonder if hockey players get spam on ways to get bigger? ;)

The article I read yesterday said he grew 2 inches and 25 pounds. That seems more realistic.

Slap,

If by JP you mean Zach, then yes, he is a legitimate 5'11" in his street clothes, based on the one time I've ever been close enough to him to judge. I also noticed that he was the tallest of all those on stage when his name was called at the draft. If you mean Jordan, then I have no idea.

Looking over last year's Sioux roster, Zach must have looked small on the ice skating warmups. They were/are huge. Compares favorably to an NHL roster (size-wise). Murray should look like a real shrimp out there this year (although the salmon arm site now lists him at 5-11, 172).

Slap, you must be getting caught up with the pre-draft release that was posted, where JP Parise was slated to be taken in the first round. JP, Jordan, or Zach, which one you talkin' 'bout.

I think Andy Murray is practicing for a political career. :0;)

Naw, I think that Andy really does think that Brady has a nice mother, can't imagine where they would have met before :D:p . Lets not get into politcs over here. ??? Nobody in hockey gets involved in politics, too many big, confusing words that lawyers use (no offense to any lawyers). ;)