SiouxSports.com Forum

Tonight's Game

UND Fan

Hello, Paul?

Good to know I'm not the only one who hears the live mics during the break. I'm watching and listening on the internet. I wonder if the radio feed has the live mics as well?

I just hope we don't have a Bert Blyleven type incident when they think they are off the air.

Hey everyone, i was just trying to tune into the game online with the free video webcast but nothing seems to play, is anyone else having troubles or know a sollution?

i have never seen a UND footbal game before so i thought i would tune in and watch but can not get video atm

help please. ???

Hey everyone, i was just trying to tune into the game online with the free video webcast but nothing seems to play, is anyone else having troubles or know a sollution?

This link does it automatically for me (I couldn't get it to work by selecting it from the menu on the fightingsioux page).

It uses Windows Media, so you have to be on a PC (it may work with the older Windows Media on Mac, I haven't tested that yet this year). I think it also requires Adobe Flash, now.

If you're on Firefox, you probably need the Windows Media plugin for Firefox -- test in IE if you're not sure.

This link does it automatically for me (I couldn't get it to work by selecting it from the menu on the fightingsioux page).

It uses Windows Media, so you have to be on a PC (it may work with the older Windows Media on Mac, I haven't tested that yet this year). I think it also requires Adobe Flash, now.

If you're on Firefox, you probably need the Windows Media plugin for Firefox -- test in IE if you're not sure.

Thanks for the link, it is playing sound but no video just ausio for me.

there must be something wrong at my end.

i will keep trying tho.

thanks again

By the way, the forum has a nice sharp look to it. I thought it just looked different on my Blackberry earlier. It looks sharper.

The refresh matches the style the blog & wiki have had for a few weeks, front will have it soon. Cleaner lines, packing more into each page, but better use of white space, new color palette, etc... There's a lot more thought and theory behind it, but too much for this thread.

Anyway... nice to see the offense find its groove. Good first game, fun to be able to see the video, happy to see openers like this instead of Crookston or even Humboldt, record first game attendance.

A couple of stories on the Sioux win....

Javelinas drop opener 40-14

The University of North Dakota wore down Texas A&M Kingsville on Thursday night with their relentless offensive attack in a 40-14 win at the Alerus Center.

Successful launch

UND launched its flight into Division I football Thursday night.

A few minutes after liftoff, however, the Sioux were slightly off course.

But the two most experienced players from UND’s Division II success last year — quarterback Danny Freund and receiver Brady Trenbeath — were able steer the Sioux back on course.

As a result, UND managed to beat Texas A&M-Kingsville 40-14 before 11,434 Alerus Center fans who came to watch the Sioux play their first game as a Division I Football Championship Subdivision program.

There were a lot of positive's to be taken from last night's game, including nice performances by Freund and Trenbeath, no turnovers and over 400 yards of offense. In terms of things that need improvement, I'd say tackling, e.g. how many times did a defender miss the quarterback?; kick coverage; and somebody to emerge as a reliable number two receiver. Not that anybody was dropping passes or anything, but I don't believe we can expect Trenbeath to continue to put up those types of numbers because teams are going to focus their coverage on him until somebody else shows they can be a big threat.

It was a good game, last night. We started slow and got better as the game went on. I started out the game worried about the offense without Weston and Ryan, but they were actually really good. The defense worries me as there were times last night when I thought that Drake Otto was the only one out there. I think that we will get better, but there were times last night when we were saved by false starts and their recievers dropping the ball. And it is nice to see the freshmen out there and making an impact.