SiouxSports.com Forum

Scouting: Texas A&M Kingsville

jimdahl

The Sioux are facing a lot of new opponents this season (though the Javelinas aren't such), so I thought it would be fun to have a pregame scouting thread for each where we could collect links and articles.

Javs see promise in new players - Caller-Times

Javelinas' Linebacker Craves A Winning Year - KRISTV.com

Trying Times - Players look to make a mark during scrimmage Caller-Times

I expect this line to generate indignant hate mail to the Caller-Times from Bison fans:

Coming off a 3-8 campaign in Atterberry's first year, the Javs open the season Aug. 28 at NCAA Division I-A North Dakota.
Not because it says UND is I-A, but because it says I-A instead of BCS :silly:

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"Yeah, I do, with the guys who've been here and know what they're doing," he said. "Today's objective was to get to those guys, who are on the bubble as far as understanding our scheme. We haven't gotten to see them play in live situations much. So that was our objective there. We want to try and keep guys healthy and all but we have to see which guys can play so we had to tee it up a little bit."
Doesn't sound like camp has gone well for them. Regardless, I hope the Sioux are ready.

The Sioux are facing a lot of new opponents this season (though the Javelinas aren't such), so I thought it would be fun to have a pregame scouting thread for each where we could collect links and articles.

Javs see promise in new players - Caller-Times

Javelinas' Linebacker Craves A Winning Year - KRISTV.com

Trying Times - Players look to make a mark during scrimmage Caller-Times

I expect this line to generate indignant hate mail to the Caller-Times from Bison fans:

Not because it says UND is I-A, but because it says I-A instead of BCS :silly:

I thought it was a misprint that your playing a D2 team. If this game is not over by half time, your in for a long season because these guys are terrible. They are not only a D2 team but a bad D2 team.

NDSU played Valpo in 2004. Valpo's record was 5-6 that year, with wins over Wisconsin Lutheran and Aurora Univ. and hold the phone.... Austin Peay. Where have I heard that name before? :silly:

I do give NDSU credit for hyping the Valpo game and getting people out to the game.

NDSU played Valpo in 2004. Valpo's record was 5-6 that year, with wins over Wisconsin Lutheran and Aurora Univ. and hold the phone.... Austin Peay. Where have I heard that name before? :silly:

I do give NDSU credit for hyping the Valpo game and getting people out to the game.

Isn't that what you supose to do market your games? I don't see any hype or excitement for the Javs game.

Isn't that what you supose to do market your games? I don't see any hype or excitement for the Javs game.

Was there hype and excitement for ndsu's D2 and NAIA games during the transition? Marketing, yes. Hype and excitement? Not so sure. Certainly as much as there is for our Kingsville game.

I will give you credit thought. You did a great job polishing a turd for the Valpo game. :silly:

Was there hype and excitement for ndsu's D2 and NAIA games during the transition? Marketing, yes. Hype and excitement? Not so sure. Certainly as much as there is for our Kingsville game.

I will give you credit thought. You did a great job polishing a turd for the Valpo game. :silly:

We'll you'll have alot of practice with your home schedule. :silly:

Well there is about the same amount of excitement as there is for your home games against Austin Peay and Central Connecticut State. Hell, Kingsville probably has more scholarships than both those squads.

Don't give them too much credit. It probably was a lot easier to fool a bunch of morons (NDSU grads) into thinking Valpo is a good team than it would have been to fool UND grads or fans of any other university into believing such crap.

Well there is about the same amount of excitement as there is for your home games against Austin Peay and Central Connecticut State. Hell, Kingsville probably has more scholarships than both those squads.

Both will be sell outs or close to it. I don't know how you measure excitement but that's a good indicator. Austin Peay has 60 and Central I don't know.

Both will be sell outs or close to it. I don't know how you measure excitement but that's a good indicator. Austin Peay has 60 and Central I don't know.

Old Gene can't get enough of those Pioneer League non-scholarship teams, with Austin Peay being a former member of the PFL as of 2006 I believe!

To clarify, Austin Peay has had scholarships for two whole years now. They may be at 60, which would be very surprising, but their juniors and seniors were non scholarship players.

Old Gene can't get enough of those Pioneer League non-scholarship teams, with Austin Peay being a former member of the PFL as of 2006 I believe!

To clarify, Austin Peay has had scholarships for two whole years now. They may be at 60, which would be very surprising, but their juniors and seniors were non scholarship players.

With your schedule I wouldn't be talking. You guys have the 2nd worst schedule in our division except for USD. Only 10 games with 3 weeks off. :silly:

With your schedule I wouldn't be talking. You guys have the 2nd worst schedule in our division except for USD. Only 10 games with 3 weeks off. :silly:

And what year are we in the transition? Year 1.

NDSU is five years into this thing and are opening up with the same level team they opened with 5 years ago. Don

If you're not in a conference by then (larger one) where do you think the games are going to come from? Hell even the Griz are playing a dii school this year.

NDSU found a conference within 4 years but we will never ever ever find a conference right? I just don't understand why you say stupid stuff like that. You can't honestly believe it, can you?

Hell, they took SDSU and their crap facilities, I am pretty sure we're going to find a conference.

NDSU found a conference within 4 years but we will never ever ever find a conference right? I just don't understand why you say stupid stuff like that. You can't honestly believe it, can you?

Hell, they took SDSU and their crap facilities, I am pretty sure we're going to find a conference.

Reading comprehension must not have been a requirement at UND. No where did I say you wouldn't get into a conference. Reread the post.

Reading comprehension must not have been a requirement at UND. No where did I say you wouldn't get into a conference. Reread the post.

Bison Dan,

You post like you have 7 posts total to your name. Not 710. In other words, you post like a troll. Get a life. Stay over at bisonville and trash UND there where it is encouraged. We don't want that garbage here. Bison fans with actual insightful information and talk are always welcome here. Your crap isn't.

I know, I know, don't feed the trolls........... :silly: