SiouxSports.com Forum

Did this one slip away...

nodak hockey fanatic

The only difference that I can see between the two situations is that I don't remember ever seeing a Sioux fan on ss.com posting "you guys should go to GPL and see what is being said about the Sioux in this thread".

I hate it when people drag a discussion from one message board to another. Replies no longer have the benefit of context, and the original author no longer has the opportunity to respond to replies/criticisms. If you want to reply to someone's post, hit reply, don't copy the text and go criticize it in friendlier confines. Because it's a pet peeve of mine, we're probably less tolerant of that than a reasonable person would be.

As to sports forums containing discussion of rivals -- of course they do! I would find one that didn't highly peculiar. I remember with fondness the day that 10 of the 20 visible thread titles on POI contained the word "Parise". :huh: Talk about Gopher hockey is unapologetically on topic for this forum.

I remember with fondness the day that 10 of the 20 visible thread titles on POI contained the word "Parise". :huh: Talk about Gopher hockey is unapologetically on topic for this forum.

Now that is a trip down memory lane. :(

The funny thing is though that I notice the exact same thing over on GPL...

The frequency isn't even close but that said I just don't care.

This is a fun rivalry and part of what makes it fun is that we give each other ****. The other part is that the hockey is more often than not competitive. And I'd still rather sit down with a Sioux fan and have a beer with him than get upset about their tossing out, "7!!". :huh::(

And there's the "you do it more than we do it argument", with the "I don't care" added. ROTFLMAO

Because I don't - no matter the outcome. We give each other **** and at the end of the day does it matter?

"OMG - He just said that seven is greater than five. Whatever shall I do?!?!?"

It's college hockey sprig - lighten up. :huh:

The frequency isn't even close but that said I just don't care.

This is a fun rivalry and part of what makes it fun is that we give each other ****. The other part is that the hockey is more often than not competitive. And I'd still rather sit down with a Sioux fan and have a beer with him than get upset about their tossing out, "7!!". :huh::(

7 > 5

Regardless of what really happened, if there is one area where Blais didn't always choose wisely it was goaltenders.

Stop, thats ridiculous. Actually look at his history.He recruited the greatest goaltender in Sioux history (his name rhymes with marl kering). Kollar was very good (not to mention highly recruited) and expected to carry the load. Not Blais' fault he decided to go off the wall. Aaron Schweitzer led them to a title and 97' and was also phenomenal. Jordan Parise wasn't too bad... Phil was also a Blais product. So you have two goaltenders that brought national titles. Parise who is the team single-season shutout leader and Lamoureux who is the team single-season leader in GAA. Yea, he was just terrible wasn't he. It took about five seconds to look stuff up too. Try it

31>28

WCHA titles, WCHA playoff titles, and NCAA titles combined. :huh:

WOW! UM has been playing hockey for 20 years longer than the Sioux and they still have only 3 MORE of all those things than us.......Something to be proud of! :(

It is a rivalry, it is fun and we can give each other crap, let's not ruin it. Each team has had its dry spells and each team has had their great spells. What is fun is making fun of each other during those times.

I hate it when people drag a discussion from one message board to another. Replies no longer have the benefit of context, and the original author no longer has the opportunity to respond to replies/criticisms. If you want to reply to someone's post, hit reply, don't copy the text and go criticize it in friendlier confines. Because it's a pet peeve of mine, we're probably less tolerant of that than a reasonable person would be.

As to sports forums containing discussion of rivals -- of course they do! I would find one that didn't highly peculiar. I remember with fondness the day that 10 of the 20 visible thread titles on POI contained the word "Parise". :huh: Talk about Gopher hockey is unapologetically on topic for this forum.

Parise on Ice. Those were such good times. :(

If coach Blais recruited Phil, have the existing coaches ever recruited an American goaltender? I am hoping so because I wouldn't want any one to ask the question did Lee slip away or was he born in the wrong country? Walski is obviously an American, but I thought he was a walk on 3rd goalie.

UND probably isn't going to commit a scholarship to a 16 year old goalie and St. cloud was willing to do so. Sometimes it pays off, but it's a gamble. If Lee could have waited he might have been offered next year.

UND probably isn't going to commit a scholarship to a 16 year old goalie and St. cloud was willing to do so. Sometimes it pays off, but it's a gamble. If Lee could have waited he might have been offered next year.

No need to crown Lee yet, USA Hockey didn't even let him play in the warmup games against the Europeans at the WJC Tryout Camp. They did, however, give icetime to the two 1991 born goaltenders. I certainly hope he's turns out to be everything he's touted to be, but I certainly wouldn't wager money that SCSU will have a higher NHL draft pick in net three years from now than the Sioux have.

No need to crown Lee yet, USA Hockey didn't even let him play in the warmup games against the Europeans at the WJC Tryout Camp. They did, however, give icetime to the two 1991 born goaltenders. I certainly hope he's turns out to be everything he's touted to be, but I certainly wouldn't wager money that SCSU will have a higher NHL draft pick in net three years from now than the Sioux have.

They haven't had much trouble recruiting goaltenders. I think you have two good ones right now and with Lee coming later on, it's growing into a trend.

The question lies in the rest of the team.

I think SCSU has the coaching to change from joke to legit and have showed it at least in league play in recent years.

They haven't had much trouble recruiting goaltenders. I think you have two good ones right now and with Lee coming later on, it's growing into a trend.

The question lies in the rest of the team.

I think SCSU has the coaching to change from joke to legit and have showed it at least in league play in recent years.

I know they have had zero NCAA wins, but I do recall Dahl putting some legit teams on the ice, including the one that beat us (and Blais) in the F5.

Save the joke label for other teams in the league.

I know they have had zero NCAA wins, but I do recall Dahl putting some legit teams on the ice, including the one that beat us (and Blais) in the F5.

Save the joke label for other teams in the league.

Sorry, one Dahl-led win over us in the F5 doesn't mean that SCSU wasn't a joke pre-Motzko. They were. Face the facts.

Dahl got lucky that year.

In fact, I'd go as far as saying (sorry Exiled One) if tUMD was the home of "Gopher rejects" then, under Dahl, the Huskies were the home of tUMD rejects.

SCSU was one step better than MSUM and two steps better than BSU under Dahl.

That's my take on it.

You mean like taking out our goalie to score the winning goal in OT? :silly:

Uh... Goon... wasn't Dahl a football player and former football coach at one point before taking up the reigns at some DIII school and, from there, SCSU?

He was recommended by Herb Brooks, which shows that even the smartest hockey minds can be retarded sometimes.

Uh... Goon... wasn't Dahl a football player and former football coach at one point before taking up the reigns at some DIII school and, from there, SCSU?

He was recommended by Herb Brooks, which shows that even the smartest hockey minds can be retarded sometimes.

Craig Dahl was a football player at Pacific Lutheran.

Sorry, one Dahl-led win over us in the F5 doesn't mean that SCSU wasn't a joke pre-Motzko. They were. Face the facts.

Dahl got lucky that year.

In fact, I'd go as far as saying (sorry Exiled One) if tUMD was the home of "Gopher rejects" then, under Dahl, the Huskies were the home of tUMD rejects.

SCSU was one step better than MSUM and two steps better than BSU under Dahl.

That's my take on it.

Lucky that he had seven future NHLer's on the squad at the same time? I'll agree with that. If you say he was lucky to win the Final Five, I'd argue that he was unlucky because he couldn't get it done with college's most talented squad.

They had a nice streak of winning teams during that stretch. They didn't compare to the Sioux during the same stretch, but I was more interested in how they compared to the previous ten years, which was pretty favorable.

The "joke" was (and always will be) that we had a football player coaching our D1 hockey team. Dahl is a good man and was a natural leader (which is why Brooks liked him), but I don't think his calling was to be a championship winning hockey coach. Now let us never speak of this again. :silly:

Lucky that he had seven future NHLer's on the squad at the same time? I'll agree with that. If you say he was lucky to win the Final Five, I'd argue that he was unlucky because he couldn't get it done with college's most talented squad.

They had a nice streak of winning teams during that stretch. They didn't compare to the Sioux during the same stretch, but I was more interested in how they compared to the previous ten years, which was pretty favorable.

The "joke" was (and always will be) that we had a football player coaching our D1 hockey team. Dahl is a good man and was a natural leader (which is why Brooks liked him), but I don't think his calling was to be a championship winning hockey coach. Now let us never speak of this again. :silly:

Personally I think Dahl is decent guy and he was a lot of fun during the P.A. and Dubay remote during Friday at the Final Five, I never got how a former Division II football players was coaching a Division 1 hockey team, however, he wasn't that bad of a coach either so it worked. I think Dahl would be a good Athletic director or team rep. Also the team that won the Final Five was pretty darn good, one of my buddies (the voice of the BSU beavers T.V.) thought the Huskies were the best team in the WCHA that year. I do think the win was tainted with the SCSU player taking out our goalie to win :silly: but who is to say that the Huskies wouldn't have won in O.T. anyways.