SiouxSports.com Forum

Garrett Clarke

Chuck Schwartz

If I am not mistaken as far as Siembieda goes he came in on a full scholarship and was offered a half scholarship before his Junior season and bolted. I don't think there is anything wrong with that since Blasier said that scholarships are by the year and you have to earn the right to keep them and Josh's save percentage was god awful and the fact that he went to the QU his last two season and played little if anything vindicates Blaiser in my opinion. One thing that I like about Blais is he told it like he saw it.

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I disagree that it's apples to oranges. It's more like a green apple and a red apple. They both committed to a program and they both backed out of their oral agreements. You can spin it however you want to but it's the truth. They both backed out of commitments to a certain team.

I've stated that I don't think either one of them is that big of a deal, I just don't like the hypocrites on this board sometimes.

Calling me a hypocrite? Really. Du also had an oral commitment to Gregiore for him to come in to play in 2007 and they changed their commitment, if not he would have played their last season and would likely still be there.

So yeah, I'll go with Apples and Oranges.

Wrong. He was basically Beaversoned.

Oh my God! You are SO witty! You took an actual situation and turned it into a phrase. I have never heard of such a clever play on words or such an original retort. I'm waiting for the next witty gem, such as "you are weakest link!"

Really, thanks for sharing! We all appreciate your wit and all that you have to offer. You must be the smartest kid with Down's Syndrome! Thanks again. I'm anxiously awaiting your next post. I'm sure it will be just as clever AND funny. :silly:

Oh my God! You are SO witty! You took an actual situation and turned it into a phrase. I have never heard of such a clever play on words or such an original retort. I'm waiting for the next witty gem, such as "you are weakest link!"

Really, thanks for sharing! We all appreciate your wit and all that you have to offer. You must be the smartest kid with Down's Syndrome! Thanks again. I'm anxiously awaiting your next post. I'm sure it will be just as clever AND funny. :silly:

shattrick... you just got deaned ;) and we are all now a little more stupid for having to continually read his "witty" retorts :huh: i would tell dean to go back home to gpl, but it is actually more enteraining than bunnytown, which is what my daughter has on tv right now :lol:

Calling him a Gopher fan is giving him far too much credit, he is nothing more than a forum troll. He never posts anything remotely thoughtful or helpful just inflammatory drivel in a attempt to make people upset.

I would say its not worth your time replying to him because that is the exact reaction he is looking for, but this is probably the most positive social interaction he recieves, and I would hate to take that away from him.

This was a tough situation for both sides for many reasons. First, in this day and age if you want the prized recruits, a college must go after them at ridiculous ages. Fifteen is a ridiculous age. When it comes down to it, the kid is the only one who ultimately gets to choose what will work best for him. Think of when your fifteen, there is no chance your ready to make decisions like that. At such a young age your not nearly mature enough to make life-choices. For UND, and as i'm sure will be the case with more schools, taking a chance on the really young kids (especially the canadian kids) will be a very dangerous thing and you will often get bit by it.

From the kids standpoint, giving a verbal commitment at fifteen means something, yes, but it's not legally binding by any means. It's been forever known, and widely considered true, that playing Major Juniors in Canada is a much faster track to the NHL than going the college route is. Any one who watched the Memorial Cup would know that level of hockey is much more equivalent to the NHL style, not the BS grab and hook that exists in college hockey today.

Lastly, the Gregoire situation is in NO WAY apples and oranges to this situation. It's almost worst, backing out of one at a much older age. Leave this Clarke kid alone. He's young, listening to others, and in reality did what MANY of us would do to. It was the right choice.

Lastly, the Gregoire situation is in NO WAY apples and oranges to this situation. It's almost worst (did you mean to say worse?), backing out of one at a much older age. Leave this Clarke kid alone. He's young, listening to others, and in reality did what MANY of us would do to. It was the right choice.

There are a couple of things that don't make this situation worse than the Clarke situation. First off, DU changed its mind on when he was to come in, one of the factors that made him choose DU over UND, without that incentive, the decision process begins again. Second, he was still relatively young, sure he wasn't 15, but he made the decision based off of when he could start and later realized that it was too far from home for him. I respect that influence. Had DU not changed its mind, I am sure Jason would have stayed committed, but they did change their mind and he had the option to rethink his choice. DU didn't make a huge stink over it, and I don't think we should either. As far as Clarke goes, yeah it sucks, but lets move on, there is no reason to still be complaining about this situation 2 weeks after the fact.

There are a couple of things that don't make this situation worse than the Clarke situation. First off, DU changed its mind on when he was to come in, one of the factors that made him choose DU over UND, without that incentive, the decision process begins again. Second, he was still relatively young, sure he wasn't 15, but he made the decision based off of when he could start and later realized that it was too far from home for him. I respect that influence. Had DU not changed its mind, I am sure Jason would have stayed committed, but they did change their mind and he had the option to rethink his choice. DU didn't make a huge stink over it, and I don't think we should either. As far as Clarke goes, yeah it sucks, but lets move on, there is no reason to still be complaining about this situation 2 weeks after the fact.

I agree 100%

I haven't listened yet, but The Scouting News has a interview with Clarke that was done recently available for free.

http://www.thescoutingnews.com/images/stories/clark1.mp3

Also, you technically have to pay for other interviews, but you can do a little guessing with the URLs and get them for free, i.e. a Jeff Jackson interview at http://www.thescoutingnews.com/images/stories/jackson.mp3.