SiouxSports.com Forum

anyone watching this great stanley cup final

Looked just fine in NBC HiDef (and sounded fine in Dolby surround too).

About FSSN: They just need to change the filter/polarizer on the main camera at REA. When they do that they could get one of those remotely operated cameras for the red line and eliminate the small camera box between the two team benches.

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I watched CBC too channel 16 Winnipeg (was it even on Verus ?)

The Versus coverage ended after game 2; NBC the rest of the way, bummer for me as I got the games in HD from versus but do not get NBC HD. After watching in HD it's hard to watch any game in SD.

Listened to and watched most of the third period and OTs (was driving to the Twin Cities).

In case anyone wonders why it is important to play 60 full minutes of hockey, Detroit now knows. They played a pretty good 59:20. They then played 2 really good OTs.

Jiri Hudler shouldn't play Game 6. Sorry. There was ZERO reason to take that penalty. It was ridiculously stupid of him.

Zetterberg's goaltender interference in the first OT was just Henri being overagressive and stupid. Thank God we survived. The second goaltender interference was hogwash.

In any case, when Talbot (IIRC) scored with 34 seconds left in regulation, I was very sure the Pens would win the game. I just didn't think it would be in the 3rd OT.

Now, back to Pittsburgh with momentum in Pittsburgh's favor. I would not be surprised to see this go to Game 7.

Now, back to Pittsburgh with momentum in Pittsburgh's favor. I would not be surprised to see this go to Game 7.

Holy cow great minds think a like, however, you're aren't going to like my result, Wings losing in game 7.

Holy cow great minds think a like, however, you're aren't going to like my result, Wings losing in game 7.

Nope. Wings will eventually prevail.

Pittsburgh will blame the entire affair on Malkin.

In Detroit news: Hudler will again do something stupid that may put the remainder of the series in jeopardy for the Wings. Zetterberg will once again be heads and tails better than EVERYONE (teammates included) on the ice.

Seriously.... Zetterberg was IIRC a 6th or 7th round draft pick. Where the hell were the European scouts on this one? I can't believe that scouting analysis could have put him lower than mid first round. The dude's amazing.

Toews is amazing for Chicago, and I hope he turns into the Hawks' version of Zetterberg. Dastyuk can be more flashy, but Zetterberg is the best at both ends of the ice.

And yes, Zetterberg is better than Sid the Kid, imo. He's definitely better than Malkin.

Listened to and watched most of the third period and OTs (was driving to the Twin Cities).

In case anyone wonders why it is important to play 60 full minutes of hockey, Detroit now knows. They played a pretty good 59:20. They then played 2 really good OTs.

Jiri Hudler shouldn't play Game 6. Sorry. There was ZERO reason to take that penalty. It was ridiculously stupid of him.

Zetterberg's goaltender interference in the first OT was just Henri being overagressive and stupid. Thank God we survived. The second goaltender interference was hogwash.

In any case, when Talbot (IIRC) scored with 34 seconds left in regulation, I was very sure the Pens would win the game. I just didn't think it would be in the 3rd OT.

I have to agree with this for the most part. You are exactly right about playing the full 60 minutes. Detroit forgot to play the last 30 or 40 seconds.

Hudler I would think will play Game 6. Coach needs to sit him down and make sure he understands that you can't be careless ESPECIALLY in OT. Towards the end of the game and OT thats the penalties you have to call. Let the little crap go, unless its extremly intentional, taking a scoring opp. away, or drawing blood, but until then let it go. You have to let the players decide the game.

That first Goalie Interference penalty was a horrifically bad call. Where was he supposed to go, the Pens guy and the Wings guy were neck and neck, he broke for the net, Pens guy did what he was supposed to. Not only was it a bad call but especially in OT, let it go. Also that call was not made by the Official standing there, it was made by the other Ref who was near the vicinity of the blue line. As for the second Goalie Interference, not to start rumblings of acting by Fleury, but I think it was a little embelished. In Fluery's defense though, they had called it once why not try to get it called again.

I think it will go 7 games. That and I would rather see Detroit win it back at Joe Louis Arena.

The first interference was a good call. It got them a great scoring chance.

The 2nd one was weak, but I don't think he flopped.

That's my thoughts too.

Despite the refs that made the call being out of position, the first GI was clearly interference. I am surprised they called it because it was a potentially stanley cup clinching game and it was OT. A lot of crap was being let go.

The second call was indeed horrific. It wasn't interference. I don't think Fleury flopped (I should know. I watched Hasek turn it into an art form), but I think he had to have done something to embellish. How else could that have been called?

Tonight's game will be interesting. As a Wings fan, I expect it will be close, but not good for us.

The Versus coverage ended after game 2; NBC the rest of the way, bummer for me as I got the games in HD from versus but do not get NBC HD. After watching in HD it's hard to watch any game in SD.

I preferred the Versus coverage much more. Obviously HD is great for hockey and next year we'll have HD for our locals, so NBC will be HD. The picture on my TV is very good, but the feed from NBC was so bad that I couldn't even make out the blue lines or red line, the puck was very hard to pick up. I watched the highlights on ESPNHD, what a difference.

I preferred the Versus coverage much more. Obviously HD is great for hockey and next year we'll have HD for our locals, so NBC will be HD. The picture on my TV is very good, but the feed from NBC was so bad that I couldn't even make out the blue lines or red line, the puck was very hard to pick up. I watched the highlights on ESPNHD, what a difference.

It's good to hear that someone else was having the same problems with the NBC feed. I could hardly watch the game it was so bad. I don't remember game 3 being like that, but 4 and 5 have been terrible.

It's good to hear that someone else was having the same problems with the NBC feed. I could hardly watch the game it was so bad. I don't remember game 3 being like that, but 4 and 5 have been terrible.

Same trouble here. We have DirecTV and a brand new hdtv and at times it was hard to tell the difference between the ice and the Pens jerseys.

YAY! My Wings won it, but not before Jiri "Bad Timing" Hudler nearly does it again.

Oh well, he has all off season now to worry about how he's going to right that ship.

3 of the 4 final goals of the game were 5 hole. Sorry, but to me, 5 hole goals are just flat out weak.

Fleury was amazing regardless though. He kept the series alive for the Penguins. Now, will he bounce back next year or will he pull a Cam Ward?

I'm happy for Dallas Drake who finally won his first cup after 16 years in the Pros.

I almost think the Con Smythe should have been shared between Zetterberg and Fleury. Really, Zetterberg won it for the Wings and Fleury kept it alive for the Pens.

What a great series.

Great game and great series. Congrats to the Detroit Red Wings. Had the Pens won it all I think Fluery would have been the Con Smythe winner. I think its great for those guys that worked so hard for so many years in the NHL to finally win one. Hope to see the Minnesota Wild there next year.

IM so bummed that i missed this game what was the final score anyway?

3-2

And keep dreaming about the Wild making the Finals. They don't have the system, they don't have the scoring, and they don't have the balanced attack.

Actually... I'm sure the Pens wished the Wild made the Finals. Then the Pens would have won it all.

3-2

And keep dreaming about the Wild making the Finals. They don't have the system, they don't have the scoring, and they don't have the balanced attack.

Actually... I'm sure the Pens wished the Wild made the Finals. Then the Pens would have won it all.

Guess what Redwing_77 enjoy the win and take a picture of your championship team. The Redwings will be very different next year than they are right now, next season. Hasek is gone, Chelios is gone and there NO WAY the Redwings can keep Franzen, Zetterberg, Holmstrom and Datsyuk together, because the Redwings will not be able to afford to keep all of these players. I will bet you a beer or six that the Redwings don't get out of the first round next season and I would predict that the Wild finish higher in the the post season than the Redwings.

Guess what Redwing_77 enjoy the win and take a picture of your championship team. The Redwings will be very different next year than they are right now, next season. Hasek is gone, Chelios is gone and there NO WAY the Redwings can keep Franzen, Zetterberg, Holmstrom and Datsyuk together, because the Redwings will not be able to afford to keep all of these players. I will bet you a beer or six that the Redwings don't get out of the first round next season and I would predict that the Wild finish higher in the the post season than the Redwings.

Keep dreaming. You are absolutely 100% wrong.

Who cares if Hasek and Chelios are gone? Hasek is not very good anymore, and did not play since game 4 against Nashville in the 1st round. Osgood is only average, but the team in front of him makes him look great. However, they have a Swedish stud goalie waiting in the wings and Jimmy Howard, who has been solid in the AHL and in short stints with the Red Wings. Chelios still has a little left, but did not play in the finals and is 46. He is also coming back. Look at www.mlive.com/redwings. Zetterberg, Datsyuk and Holmstrom are all signed to long-term contracts, so nice try. :) I'm not sure of the status of Franzen, but I know that he's not an unrestricted free agent. The Wings are not in danger of losing anyone, and they are absolutely loaded with great young players, including a defenseman named Ericsson from Sweden who has a cannon. The Wings were 6 million under the cap this year because they were holding off to sign a big free agent pickup at the trade deadline. That person turned out to be Brad Stuart, who was not very expensive, so they remained considerably under the cap. Stuart may re-sign, but if he does not, they have tons of depth on the blue line. They have guys in the minors (Ericsson, Meech) who would be top 4 defensemen on the Wild. Plus, they are young. Datsyuk is 29, Zetterberg 26, Filpula 24, Helm 21, Kronwall is 20 something, etc.

I will absolutely take that bet. Let's make it worthwhile. I'll bet a case of beer of choice. The Wings may be better next year than this year. San Jose and Anaheim will be tough, and there will be some surprise teams (Chicago?), but Detroit will be the favorite again. The Wild have problems. They are not likely to sign Pavel Dmitra, who is the best friend of Marion Gaborik, who is going to be a free agent. There are rumors that they could move him. They also may not re-sign Brian Rolston because the management of the Wild questions whether he is worth the salary based upon his age and production.

Who cares if Hasek and Chelios are gone? Hasek is not very good anymore, and did not play since game 4 against Nashville in the 1st round. Osgood is only average, but the team in front of him makes him look great. However, they have a Swedish stud goalie waiting in the wings and Jimmy Howard, who has been solid in the AHL and in short stints with the Red Wings. Chelios still has a little left, but did not play in the finals and is 46. He is also coming back. Look at www.mlive.com/redwings. Zetterberg, Datsyuk and Holmstrom are all signed to long-term contracts, so nice try. :) I'm not sure of the status of Franzen, but I know that he's not an unrestricted free agent. The Wings are not in danger of losing anyone, and they are absolutely loaded with great young players, including a defenseman named Ericsson from Sweden who has a cannon. The Wings were 6 million under the cap this year because they were holding off to sign a big free agent pickup at the trade deadline. That person turned out to be Brad Stuart, who was not very expensive, so they remained considerably under the cap. Stuart may re-sign, but if he does not, they have tons of depth on the blue line. They have guys in the minors (Ericsson, Meech) who would be top 4 defensemen on the Wild. Plus, they are young. Datsyuk is 29, Zetterberg 26, Filpula 24, Helm 21, Kronwall is 20 something, etc.

I will absolutely take that bet. Let's make it worthwhile. I'll bet a case of beer of choice. The Wings may be better next year than this year. San Jose and Anaheim will be tough, and there will be some surprise teams (Chicago?), but Detroit will be the favorite again. The Wild have problems. They are not likely to sign Pavel Dmitra, who is the best friend of Marion Gaborik, who is going to be a free agent. There are rumors that they could move him. They also may not re-sign Brian Rolston because the management of the Wild questions whether he is worth the salary based upon his age and production.

Unreal, under the new CBA, how many all star, high priced players the RWs have kept; seems that no other team has been able to do this under the salary cap. Must be some creative financing going on there. Other teams need to steal that model, whatever it is.

Datsyuk is 29, Zetterberg 26, Filpula 24, Helm 21, Kronwall is 20 something, etc.

They also may not re-sign Brian Rolston because the management of the Wild questions whether he is worth the salary based upon his age and production.

The Wild management will probably re-sign Rolston, the is that Wild management can no longer knickle and dime the fan base in Minnesota for fear that they will turn off the 18,000 fans in Minnesota.

The odds are in my favor that the Wings will not make it out of the First round.

Hey Redwing_77 do you want some of this action? Sure I willl take you up on that bet.

Still the fact remains that the Wing are good but there is no way they keep that team in tact.

Why do you think they take the picture at Center Ice after the series clinching game? It will be the

last time that WHOLE team is together. I don't care how long they have their trio of forwards

locked up for things happen, people suffer injuries, teams fail to live up to the hype.

List of 2000 era stanely cup Champions.