SiouxSports.com Forum

Baseball Coaching Finalists

OldSchool

Can someone explain to me why one would leave UCLA to be a baseball coach at UND? Does he know how to get to weather.com and see what the climate for baseball is like here in North Dakota. :sad:

He's Al Gore's Buddy and has bought into Global Warming. :D

Can someone explain to me why one would leave UCLA to be a baseball coach at UND? Does he know how to get to weather.com and see what the climate for baseball is like here in North Dakota. :sad:

Or our facilities? And he is a Cal graduate. If he is hired I wouldn't expect to see him around very long. Just long enough to get "Head Coach" on his resume.

But who knows what the future holds. Maybe he will build UND into a baseball dynasty if he is hired. :D

Can someone explain to me why one would leave UCLA to be a baseball coach at UND? Does he know how to get to weather.com and see what the climate for baseball is like here in North Dakota. :D

Actually, he coached the Beetles of the Northwoods League right here in Alexandria for a couple of years so he's very familiar with the weather.

Not quite the correct topic, but will post it anyway. :D

Here are the superregional series:

ARIZONA (41-17) at MIAMI (50-8)

NORTH CAROLINA STATE (41-20) at GEORGIA (39-22-1)

STANFORD (37-22-2) at CAL STATE FULLERTON (41-20)

WICHITA STATE (47-15) at FLORIDA STATE (52-11)

COASTAL CAROLINA (50-12) at NORTH CAROLINA (49-12)

UC IRVINE (41-16) at LSU (46-16-1)

TEXAS A&M (46-17) at RICE (45-13)

FRESNO STATE (40-28) at ARIZONA STATE (48-11)

Perhaps one northern school: traditional power Wichita State.

ACC 4

Pac10 3

SEC 2

Big West 2

WAC 1

B12 1

CUSA 1

MVC 1

Big South 1

Perhaps one northern school: traditional power Wichita State.

Wichita and Palo Alto (Stanford) are within about 0.2 degrees of latitude (with Wichita being further north).

Wichita is further south than the southernmost Big Te(leve)n school (Illinois: Urbana-Champaigne).

Basically, if you're above the latitude of the Mason-Dixon line ... y'all ain't playin' for an NCAA baseball champ-een-ship. :)

• 2 weeks later...