SiouxSports.com Forum

Holy Cross jerseys

forecheck

Be a cold day in hell before I buy one of those pukey lookin jerseys.I can't believe people just don't let the whole HC crap just go away but I guess that's just me.I mean it was fun back in it's time but not so much anymore IMO.

Got to have something to make fun of us for :D

Box of wine eh? Sounds solid. Maybe I'll wear a beer case cowboy hat next year, that would fit in perfect.

• Replies 155
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Geez, don't you people read..... I'll copy and paste this again from post #20 and #33:

COPIED AND PASTED FROM POST #20 (BY ME, OBVIOUSLY)

Not everyone is wanting a HC jersey just because they beat the Gophers. That game was one of the absolute greatest hockey games I have ever watched in my life. It proved that "hard work beats skill when skill doesn't work hard" (don't remember who said that)

I made some great friends from the HC hockey team and in the radio announcers because of them coming to Grand Forks, and I still follow up with them to see how they're doing. I also keep up with their team as much as I can. The boys from that year are some of the greatest guys and they worked hard to make it to playoffs and beat any team. That is quite the accomplishment.

I have nothing against BC. They have a great and well-respected college hockey program.

God ok...we get it...get over yourself! :D

If I collected hockey jerseys I would want one for my collection but I also understand why some Sioux fans get irritated with the HC talk and others enjoy it and have different reasons for wanting a HC jersey. I dont really understand why its such an issue of contension between people on here...neither side will convince the other their argument, so why keep going over it?

And Sioux-Cia will you share your boxed wine with me?! :D

I almost didnt say anything...

Sweet Jo, I just love wine...boxed or not...living in Canada with a bunch of French Canucks has turned me into a wine freak :)

We're just two freaks in love.....with wine!!! :D

Growing up in Chicago all the drunks in the park drank wine. Guess that's why I avoided it until recently. That must be why I like my HC jersey so much; if I spill any ( :D sacrilegious!) it doesn't show!

I like my Holy Cross Jersey. Will I wear it to a Sioux game? Maybe, but I would highly doubt it because I have tons of Sioux jerseys to pick from. I may go to a Gopher game and wear it, but once again I have many Sioux jerseys I would rather wear. The reason I liked being able to get a Holy Cross jersey is that it's a variety to my collection. I would eventually like to own a jersey of all the WCHA teams just for collecting purposes and maybe displays but I don't think I would be caught wearing a MN or Wisc jersey anywhere. And actually my Holy Cross jersey is the only game worn, team signed jersey I own in my collection. Just another collectible for my packrat life.

But Bump for an update, might be nice to have the white jersey to match. Dibs on #15.

OK enough of this whole Holy Cross thing

Lighten up a little. To each his/her own. I have friends that shake their head when they find out I have season hockey tickets, went to the Final Five, went to Madison for the regional, and went to Denver for the Frozen Four. They can't understand it. Some people feel the Holy Cross jersey thing is strange and don't understand it. Some people feel the love of UND Fighting Sioux hockey is strange and don't understand it. We are all unique and each of us needs to have a little understanding that what doesn't drive us may drive others.

After all, a minority shouldn't rule the majority. Now where have I heard that before?? :D

NO Doubt...GIVE IT UP!

Now I am not one to continue promoting the Holy Cross incident to Gopher fans (other than discussion of what a great atmosphere it was in the Ralph that night). However, have you heard of the law of unintended consequences? Gopher fans want UND fans to give up the Holy Cross incident. This is the incident considered the greatest upset in NCAA college hockey history. But, it is more recent than the Gopher back to back national championships. Now the back to back national championships are not unique or the greatest in college hockey history. It has been accomplished by several teams. So what is good for the goose is good for the gander. If Sioux fans are to give up Holy Cross (the all-time greatest upset in college hockey history) then logic would dictate that Gopher fans give up flashing their back to back national championships (not unique or greatest) at Sioux fans.

Just trying to add a little perspective here. As long as it is done in fun and with humor, I don't care how long it goes on. :D

Looking back it was one of the most exciting games ever at the Ralph - even tho I wanted to play the Goofs - But I felt Great for HC :Dcross.gif I don't have any HC clothing but I will never forget that night

Hey Cougar you should donate that Jersey to be put in Glass at the Ralph - with a picture of the team & the news article

Looking back it was one of the most exciting games ever at the Ralph - even tho I wanted to play the Goofs - But I felt Great for HC :Dcross.gif I don't have any HC clothing but I will never forget that night

Hey Cougar you should donate that Jersey to be put in Glass at the Ralph - with a picture of the team & the news article

That's a thought. Do they want one?

Now I am not one to continue promoting the Holy Cross incident to Gopher fans (other than discussion of what a great atmosphere it was in the Ralph that night). However, have you heard of the law of unintended consequences? Gopher fans want UND fans to give up the Holy Cross incident. This is the incident considered the greatest upset in NCAA college hockey history. But, it is more recent than the Gopher back to back national championships. Now the back to back national championships are not unique or the greatest in college hockey history. It has been accomplished by several teams. So what is good for the goose is good for the gander. If Sioux fans are to give up Holy Cross (the all-time greatest upset in college hockey history) then logic would dictate that Gopher fans give up flashing their back to back national championships (not unique or greatest) at Sioux fans.

Just trying to add a little perspective here. As long as it is done in fun and with humor, I don't care how long it goes on. :D

First of all I could care less if Sioux fans want to spend their own money on Holy Cross Jerseys or Gopher fans spending their own money on BC jerseys. Although if I had an extra $150 laying around I would spend it on my team I follow. My question is to Siouxman, why is the Holy Cross win the greatest upset in NCAA college hockey history. I agree it is the greatest upset in NCAA PLAYOFF history but I don't think in all of college hockey history.

First of all I could care less if Sioux fans want to spend their own money on Holy Cross Jerseys or Gopher fans spending their own money on BC jerseys. Although if I had an extra $150 laying around I would spend it on my team I follow. My question is to Siouxman, why is the Holy Cross win the greatest upset in NCAA college hockey history. I agree it is the greatest upset in NCAA PLAYOFF history but I don't think in all of college hockey history.

what game could top that game? playoff or not i and so do many other believe that that game was greatest upset in college hockey. you could almost compare it to USA beating USSR in the 1980 olympics!

Hockey1 - I agree with you in that I wouldn't spend my money on a Holy Cross jersey or any other jersey than a Sioux jersey. That is just the way I am, but if someone else wants to do it, fine with me. As for this game, it is the only time in college hockey history that a #16 seeded team defeated the #1 seeded team in all the land. To top it off, Holy Cross was much more than 15 slots below the Gophers as the only reason they were there is by winning their conference tournament. I am sure that there have been other instances where a top ranked team has lost to someone ranked far below them. But that does not compare to a loss under such circumstances when all of the marbles are on the table and the loser goes home. Besides, I am simply referring to the numerous statements from sports announcers, coaches, and other hockey pundits. In fact, I heard it again at the Frozen Four this year, not from another Sioux fan but from the NCAA. In case you weren't there to notice, the NCAA highlight clips included it.

Depending on the size (I prefer a 48) and price (I prefer anything under $150), I may be willing to purchase one of these jerseys. As a collector of jerseys and owner of about 30 different authentic and replica jerseys, this would make a nice addition to my collection.

Hockey1 - I agree with you in that I wouldn't spend my money on a Holy Cross jersey or any other jersey than a Sioux jersey. That is just the way I am, but if someone else wants to do it, fine with me. As for this game, it is the only time in college hockey history that a #16 seeded team defeated the #1 seeded team in all the land. To top it off, Holy Cross was much more than 15 slots below the Gophers as the only reason they were there is by winning their conference tournament. I am sure that there have been other instances where a top ranked team has lost to someone ranked far below them. But that does not compare to a loss under such circumstances when all of the marbles are on the table and the loser goes home. Besides, I am simply referring to the numerous statements from sports announcers, coaches, and other hockey pundits. In fact, I heard it again at the Frozen Four this year, not from another Sioux fan but from the NCAA. In case you weren't there to notice, the NCAA highlight clips included it.

Like I said, I agree in PLAYOFF history it is the greatest upset but IMO not in all college hockey history. A few years ago an unranked Michigan Tech team played #1 Wisconsin and beat them in Madison. Thats more impressive than a #16 ranked team beating a #2 (Minnesota was #2 not #1). I just think a unranked team beating a #1 ranked team is more of an upset in regular season or playoffs.(IMO).

Like I said, I agree in PLAYOFF history it is the greatest upset but IMO not in all college hockey history. A few years ago an unranked Michigan Tech team played #1 Wisconsin and beat them in Madison. Thats more impressive than a #16 ranked team beating a #2 (Minnesota was #2 not #1). I just think a unranked team beating a #1 ranked team is more of an upset in regular season or playoffs.(IMO).

Hey, I got no problem ever with knocking the Gophers down a notch (in any manner) :D