SiouxSports.com Forum

SI on Campus Season Preview

gopherz

Um right, I don't know any of the following people as Sioux hockey players:

Joe Finely

Taylor Chorine

Andrew Kopek

Can anyone help me figure out who they are and how they ended up in the Sioux section of that article?! :lol: (I don't get how they managed to spell Phil's name right though, because I can't do that yet lol)

Actually, after looking at the whole article, they spell A LOT of names wrong. Maybe they should do some research before writing anything about hockey, it makes them look like morons.... :lol::D

Joe Finely

Taylor Chorine

Andrew Kopek

Can anyone help me figure out who they are and how they ended up in the Sioux section of that article?! :lol: (I don't get how they managed to spell Phil's name right though, because I can't do that yet lol)

Actually, after looking at the whole article, they spell A LOT of names wrong. Maybe they should do some research before writing anything about hockey, it makes them look like morons.... :lol::D

That's Sports Illustrated for you. I have no idea who this Matt Girly is for BU. There is nothing girly about Matt Gilroy. And it's already been confirmed that he'll be back next season and he'll most likely be named captain tonight. Way to research your articles guys; they'd fit in great covering hockey for ESPN.

Joe Finely

Taylor Chorine

Andrew Kopek

Actually, after looking at the whole article, they spell A LOT of names wrong. Maybe they should do some research before writing anything about hockey, it makes them look like morons.... :huh::D

I've e-mailed good old Adam before he's a tool. I corrected him last year on a few of his

articles. The guy is an idiot, I put him right up there with Bob Norton. They don't have a clue about the western schools. :lol:

The one good reporter who I have met and had a good college hockey conversation was Dave Starman.

He does the research and knows college hockey!!!!

I figured everyone would have a field day with the names, pretty funny stuff. As for the rankings, who knows at this point, they could be fairly accurate.

I think they have Notre Dame and Michigan too high.

Not to take anything away from Notre Dame's great run to the title game this past year, but I don't see them doing that again next year. They are a hard-working team, but there are more talented teams out there. And if the talented teams work hard as well, they should beat them (like BC showed).

Michigan is a really young team with some great up-and-coming players, but they are losing 120 points from their two senior leaders in Porter and Kolarik. That's a lot of points to make up. Not to mention that Sauer has proven to be a bit like Lammy and JPar...save his worst game of the season for the NCAA playoffs. I could see a few of their freshmen from this year experiencing some sophomore slumps next year without Porter and Kolarik's 63 goals.

Joe Finely

Taylor Chorine

Andrew Kopek

Check out BU.... the player

8. Wisconsin -- Assuming they return to Madison, Jamie Micatin and Ryan Macedonia will make up one of the nation's most imposing defensive combos. This should help Shane Connell, who will be a senior in net. Blake Efron and Ben Street will be bigger factors up front, complementing a strong recruiting class.

Blake Efron?

Jamie Micatin?

Ryan Macedonia?

Shane Connell?

Seriously, did they do this to be funny?

8. Wisconsin -- Assuming they return to Madison, Jamie Micatin and Ryan Macedonia will make up one of the nation's most imposing defensive combos. This should help Shane Connell, who will be a senior in net. Blake Efron and Ben Street will be bigger factors up front, complementing a strong recruiting class.

Blake Efron?

Jamie Micatin?

Ryan Macedonia?

Shane Connell?

Seriously, did they do this to be funny?

Maybe they did it is possible.

Is college hockey going to change the way they do overtime?? I would love to see shootouts and get rid of ties. :D

It would be exciting, but I don't like deciding league titles and such by who and who can't score breakaway goals. With all of Minnesota's ties, if they would have had Kangas in shootouts against a lot of that competition, they might have finished a lot higher. It certainly would be great for teams with high-end offensive talent and great goalies, but I just wouldn't like it. If they were pressed to do something, I would go to a 4 on 4 overtime first.

The shoot out doesn't belong in college hockey. The only reason it is in professional hockey is a desperate grasp at ratings. A shoot out in hockey is like a dunk contest ending an NBA game. It doesn't prove who a better team is and shouldn't be the reason a team achieves a higher seed. Hockey in it's purest form is the greatest team game in the world, the shoot out can only take away from that accomplishment.

--Breakin' Face "Greatness within Every Post"

Adam Wodon's take (minus a few league media guides for spell-checking names :D ) followed by my thoughts:

1 BC - a gimme pick

2 Michigan - they were freshman dominated this past season

3 Notre Dame - feel good pick but, I'm not so sure, slide down a couple slots

4 CC - until March and April, again

5 Minnesota - apply the standard Minnesota off-season overrating factor and here they are (but who's gonna score?)

6 BU - I don't see this at all, replace with UNH

7 UND - departures control this

8 Wisconsin - seems too high, replace with DU

9 Miami - no Ryan Jones, go to 11, replace with Michigan State

10 Northern Michigan - reasonable given their finish

Dark Horse? Minnesota State - Mankato. How will being shunned motivate them for 2008-2009.

Adam Wodon's take (minus a few league media guides for spell-checking names :silly: ) followed by my thoughts:

1 BC - a gimme pick

2 Michigan - they were freshman dominated this past season

3 Notre Dame - feel good pick but, I'm not so sure, slide down a couple slots

4 CC - until March and April, again

5 Minnesota - apply the standard Minnesota off-season overrating factor and here they are (but who's gonna score?)

6 BU - I don't see this at all, replace with UNH

7 UND - departures control this

8 Wisconsin - seems too high, replace with DU

9 Miami - no Ryan Jones, go to 11, replace with Michigan State

10 Northern Michigan - reasonable given their finish

Dark Horse? Minnesota State - Mankato. How will being shunned motivate them for 2008-2009.

1 - Agreed

2 - Lost too many top guys to be that good again, put them in the Top 5 maybe, but the bottom half

3 - No way

4 - Also lost guys and will probably fall apart late in the season again

5 - Who's going to score? Hopefully Wheeler comes back, Stoa will add plenty of scoring along with the incoming class, I think this is about right for the Gophers

6 - No freaking way

7 - Maybe at the start of the season with the youth, but moving up in the 2nd half

8 - I hate the Badgers more than anything, 0 wins and last place, hockey program falls to shambles.

9 - Always overrated. Win something and then you can be in my Top 10.

10 - Not a terrible pick but there are way better teams

As for your dark horse, I think they were overrated all year.

Is college hockey going to change the way they do overtime?? I would love to see shootouts and get rid of ties. :silly:

that might be good for entertainment value and for bringing in more casual fans, but hockeys a team sport that doesn't need to have games decided by an individiual skills competition.