SiouxSports.com Forum

Any word if anyone has decided to leave?

4-H 97-98

So let me understand this... Don't believe what Kozek has done this year, he still sucks?

Gotcha.

GO KOZEK!

HIstorians out there, Kozek has been told to sign with the Thrashers before next season has even begun. We've seen sign Joe Finley and Brian Lee threads before, but is the Sign Kozek call count as the earliest someone has been thrown off the bus?

I don't know what Kozek will do professionally, but if he decides to come back, he made the right decision. IF he goes pro, so be it. I'll support him either way.

I don't want to see Kozek leave, you guys are spinning this worse than cable news shows. You can never have enough upper classman in college hockey in my opinion. I was just trying to make the point that he probably won't have a better season goal-wise next year. If Kozek improves in the defensive zone next year, and can eclipse the ten goal mark again, it will be considered a successful season. I expected more out of this forum to be honest, you guys are playing the homer card pretty hard right now and not looking at his game as a whole. A few more years of me and I might have this place straightened out.

-Breakin Face "The Revolution Has Begun"

• Replies 181
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

He can be "a dynamo" just not "THE Dynamo" :silly:

Kozek was a #2 NHL draft pick for a reason. Organizations don't invest a second pick in someone that they don't feel has legitimate potential. Is he raw? Sure, but he has the right pieces. I don't want him to sign, but IMO he probably will.

As for numbers, He led the team in even strength goals this year with 13. To put that into perspective, The last time that a Sioux forward scored more even strength goals was 2003-2004, when Bucks had 14 and Parise had a jaw-dropping 20 even strength goals.

Yes, Duncs in his Hobey Year as well as Stafford, Osh and Toews in 2005-2006 also had 13 even strength goals.

Think about that. That is pretty elite company as far as even strength goals are concerned.

Why does this matter? Well, ice time on the power play and penalty kill can help production. I feel that being given that "shooter" role on the top pp unit will definitely pad a guy's goal production. Andrew has not been the go to shooter on the top pp unit in his tenure at UND. If you can assume that he would double his pp goal prodution in that role, he would've scored 23 goals, which would've been good enough for 11th in NCAA D1.

All I'm saying here is that of goal scorers out there, Kozek's year this year is up with the best Sioux Forwards in recent history when special teams consideration is given.

Andrew has an NHL shot, and has clearly improved his skating and release since coming to UND. He was a stud scorer in juniors, and his production this year on even strength is only matched in recent history by All-Americans and NHL players.

In a lot of ways, Andrew reminds me of Ryan Bayda, but with a better shot.

So, in conclusion, AK, IMO, will score more than 20 goals next year in one of two places, the WCHA or the AHL. I predict its the AHL, and in 2009-2010 he skates third line for the Thrashers.

Gregoire and Toews will have an immediate impact as playmakers next season, so there will be more options than Vandevelde and Trupp as linemates.

Kozek could definately get first unit PP time next year if he sticks around which would boost his point total as well.

Of course at no point in this thread have you let facts get in the way of your opinion breakin face so don't worry about starting now.

I don't want to see Kozek leave, you guys are spinning this worse than cable news shows. You can never have enough upper classman in college hockey in my opinion. I was just trying to make the point that he probably won't have a better season goal-wise next year. If Kozek improves in the defensive zone next year, and can eclipse the ten goal mark again, it will be considered a successful season. I expected more out of this forum to be honest, you guys are playing the homer card pretty hard right now and not looking at his game as a whole. A few more years of me and I might have this place straightened out.

-Breakin Face "The Revolution Has Begun"

Sorry, but that is not what you said. You said:

There is absolutely no way Koz's stock can go anywhere but down right now. His goal total will plummet, yes plummet next year.

There is a difference between what you said before and you made absolutely sure that you were clear on what you said. You are the one now doing the "spin."

Gregoire and Toews will have an immediate impact as playmakers next season, so there will be more options than Vandevelde and Trupp as linemates.

Kozek could definately get first unit PP time next year if he sticks around which would boost his point total as well.

Of course at no point in this thread have you let facts get in the way of your opinion breakin face so don't worry about starting now.

Breaking Face hasn't been here long but I would say he is probably trolling.

Trolls live under a bridge and only come out on rare occasions. Breakin Face is here to stay folks. Hate it or love it siouxsports.com is better off with me here.

--Breakin Face "Kozek's #1 Fan"

it can be arranged that you can leave. If you want to be liked, then don't piss people off. By saying that Kozek won't go anywhere is not helping your case. The posters on this board may change, but the rules haven't. The rules are be nice and state your opinion in a respectful way. I don't care if you disagree with me, but do not tell me that I am wrong just because I don't agree with you.

Andrew will do fine no matter what he does and he is a great player and person.

The way he's trying to incite the members makes me wonder....

breakin face = the "source" :silly:

Yeah, I don't know who he is, but the arrogance is a bit boring.

That said, there are SO MANY regulars on here who are SO SURE that ANY Sioux recruit will come in and replace the Sioux who signs early or on those rare occasions actually graduates that I swear the Sioux could say that I, a 44 year old lawyer is coming in next year and a few of the cheerleaders would immediately post something about "Shep will pick up some of the slack left by Oshie" that it's just so hard to take this place seriously most of the time.

Look I've been a fan for over 25 years, will always cheer for the team, but I've seen TOO MANY hot shots come in here who leave anonymously.

As for Kozek, seriously, what team thinks he's pro ready or is he just the next Travis Roche (PLACE ANY OTHER NAME HERE) who wiles his time away in the minors after leaving school too early?

it can be arranged that you can leave. If you want to be liked, then don't piss people off. By saying that Kozek won't go anywhere is not helping your case. The posters on this board may change, but the rules haven't. The rules are be nice and state your opinion in a respectful way. I don't care if you disagree with me, but do not tell me that I am wrong just because I don't agree with you.

Andrew will do fine no matter what he does and he is a great player and person.

When did I tell you you were wrong? I have been told my wife was yelling out Kozek's name in bed, I think that's more offensive than anything I've said on here. You all need to lighten up a bit, I've been here for two days said I don't see Kozek having another year like this year, and you treat me like Jeff Paukovich?

--Breakin Face "The Victim of Society's Ways"

When did I tell you you were wrong? I have been told my wife was yelling out Kozek's name in bed, I think that's more offensive than anything I've said on here. You all need to lighten up a bit, I've been here for two days said I don't see Kozek having another year like this year, and you treat me like Jeff Paukovich?

Dude you're not going to win any friends with that post. :silly:

i know you have not been here long, as breakin face anyways, but it is obvious you are trying to get reactions without adding anything worthwhile. kozek may or may not go pro. he also played and benefited from some very talented linemates, but that does not take away from the player he is, and that is an nhl caliber player. proclaiming yourself a guru and martyr is not winning you any points either. the majority of us on ss.com come here to talk about our team as we wait for next season to start, but pointing out the players flaws and weaknesses, and why they should go pro because they would suck as a sioux player next year should not be what this board is for. i personally hope ak is back next season, but would not be surprised to see him in the ahl.

ps - it's geoff

i know you have not been here long, as breakin face anyways, but it is obvious you are trying to get reactions without adding anything worthwhile. kozek may or may not go pro. he also played and benefited from some very talented linemates, but that does not take away from the player he is, and that is an nhl caliber player. proclaiming yourself a guru and martyr is not winning you any points either. the majority of us on ss.com come here to talk about our team as we wait for next season to start, but pointing out the players flaws and weaknesses, and why they should go pro because they would suck as a sioux player next year should not be what this board is for.

ps - it's geoff

I'm just as big of a Sioux fan if not bigger than anyone on here. I am not however someone who believes every single player that puts that jersey on is Wayne Gretzky either. Kozek reminds me a lot of another former draftee by the name of James Massen who accumulated 15 goals and 20 assists in 42 games his sophomore year. His junior and senior year he had thirteen points combined in 59 games. Massen had one of the best snap/wrist shots on those teams. Do you think the Devils were more interested in James after his sophomore year or his senior year? I would love to watch Kozek shoot the puck for two more years at REA, but from a business stand point he might want to take his cash while he can get it.

--Breakin face "A nice fellow once you get to know him"

Yeah, I don't know who he is, but the arrogance is a bit boring.

That said, there are SO MANY regulars on here who are SO SURE that ANY Sioux recruit will come in and replace the Sioux who signs early or on those rare occasions actually graduates that I swear the Sioux could say that I, a 44 year old lawyer is coming in next year and a few of the cheerleaders would immediately post something about "Shep will pick up some of the slack left by Oshie" that it's just so hard to take this place seriously most of the time.

Look I've been a fan for over 25 years, will always cheer for the team, but I've seen TOO MANY hot shots come in here who leave anonymously.

As for Kozek, seriously, what team thinks he's pro ready or is he just the next Travis Roche (PLACE ANY OTHER NAME HERE) who wiles his time away in the minors after leaving school too early?

Well being that the Sioux have had 1 losing season in the last 14 years (since Blais took over) apparently those freshman have been doing a pretty good job of replacing the leaving players.

David Toews and Jason Gregoire are not ANY Sioux recruit as you put it, they are top end talent with a very good chance of making an immediate impact on the scoresheet. The incoming class is the most talented since the insane year that was 2005, including both scorers and role players.

I'm just as big of a Sioux fan if not bigger than anyone on here. I am not however someone who believes every single player that puts that jersey on is Wayne Gretzky either. Kozek reminds me a lot of another former draftee by the name of James Massen who accumulated 15 goals and 20 assists in 42 games his sophomore year. His junior and senior year he had thirteen points combined in 59 games. Massen had one of the best snap/wrist shots on those teams. Do you think the Devils were more interested in James after his sophomore year or his senior year? I would love to watch Kozek shoot the puck for two more years at REA, but from a business stand point he might want to take his cash while he can get it.

--Breakin face "A nice fellow once you get to know him"

the "im as big of IF NOT BIGGER fan" card is an old one. congrats, im sure you are a bigger sioux fan than all of us here, even though you missed the fact that this was kozek's junior year, so unless he gets some special ncaa aproval, it would be tough to see him "shoot the puck for two more years at REA". it may be good business for him to take his money now, but if he is not ready, and he doesn't perform well when given chances by atlanta, that would not be good business for kozek.

the "im as big of IF NOT BIGGER fan" card is an old one. congrats, im sure you are a bigger sioux fan than all of us here, even though you missed the fact that this was kozek's junior year, so unless he gets some special ncaa aproval, it would be tough to see him "shoot the puck for two more years at REA". it may be good business for him to take his money now, but if he is not ready, and he doesn't perform well when given chances by atlanta, that would not be good business for kozek.

Correction noted.

--Breakin faces "Most Posts on 4/20/2008"