SiouxSports.com Forum

ND vs BC

Jordan101

3 Irish skaters back to help on breaks. Wow. Maybe they will still lose but this game will be close. I bet they get a couple and make them count. At the very least they are showing BC doesn't look as fast as they do when they are in open ice.

And YES, the ESPN guys just confirmed, the replay judge is none other than GRED F'N SHEPARD!!! Distinct kicking motion, my eye. The guy's body weight was moving backward, and yes, he deflected it off his skate, but he did NOT kick it in.

There WAS a distinct kicking motion, but it was after the puck had already bounced off his foot. He didn't actually kick the puck.

As for why it's WCHA refs, probably because the game is HEA vs CCHA.

And YES, the ESPN guys just confirmed, the replay judge is none other than GRED F'N SHEPARD!!! Distinct kicking motion, my eye. The guy's body weight was moving backward, and yes, he deflected it off his skate, but he did NOT kick it in.

i am sorry but the sheperd family is a disgrace to the WCHA and to college hockey! i think Bruce should take a looooong hard look at the reffing situation in the WCHA and reload the whole staff....get some new faces in there!

I didn't think Anderson was bad in the first 2, but the 3rd was pretty shady. What about the ND guy getting jumped on from behind on the PP?

After the goal call, I told the wife....I bet Sheppard is in the booth. Sure enough.

I loved it that they read the worthless note from the booth about a distinct kicking motion with his right foot. Then you hear the color guy under his breath, "I still don't see it." :)

I didn't think Anderson was bad in the first 2, but the 3rd was pretty shady. What about the ND guy getting jumped on from behind on the PP?

After the goal call, I told the wife....I bet Sheppard is in the booth. Sure enough.

I loved it that they read the worthless note from the booth about a distinct kicking motion with his right foot. Then you hear the color guy under his breath, "I still don't see it." :)

I missed the beginning of the game, but I thought in the later stages the officiating was pretty weak. And yeah, that was pretty funny.

The best part for this Sioux fan in attendance was watching the Sioux faithful still going strong at the Can. The ones down in the lower bowl were damn near as loud as the BC and Notre Dame contingents.

By the end of the game, the Sioux fans and ND fans had bonded and were throwing the "GO!" "IRISH" chants back and forth. I think the Sioux fans had taught the ND fans a chant or two of their own.

Good showing!

The best part for this Sioux fan in attendance was watching the Sioux faithful still going strong at the Can. The ones down in the lower bowl were damn near as loud as the BC and Notre Dame contingents.

By the end of the game, the Sioux fans and ND fans had bonded and were throwing the "GO!" "IRISH" chants back and forth. I think the Sioux fans had taught the ND fans a chant or two of their own.

Good showing!

I was sitting right above where the majority of the students were sitting, and everyone in my section just got a kick out of our fans and their support of the Irish. It was great! And that makes me proud to be a sioux fan...

We sat between a bunch of BC fans. There was a lady (55+) sitting next to us that slept through most of the game. Her husband woke her up to tell her the game was almost over and he thought they might win. There was so little reaction from those people after winning the national championship that I was stunned. I don't know if they just expected it so much, or if it really just did not matter that much to them. It felt odd. The Sioux fans would have exploded in that situation!