SiouxSports.com Forum

Fan appreciation day

sioux canada

The only thing i have to look forward to now is taking my 6 year old daughter and son to the fan appreciation day for the first time. We just moved to north dakota and can't wait to thank the boys and get the signatures. does anyone know when they have it each year

I thought it was a Tues/Thurs night last year, maybe a week or 2 after the season ended. Don't have any infro on this year though. The players are probably trying to get security protection from the angry siouxsports mob that is gathering.

It is disappointing that "Sioux Fans" are so upset that they think the team should not be honored just like the past Frozen Four teams. Any fan who was around watching the Sioux in the post 1987 to pre-1996 season realizes how remarkable the past 4 years have been. As a fan, it is ridiculous to feel that the team let you down by losing on the ice. The team can only let fans down by behaving in a way that does not promote a good reputation for the University or hockey team. For as much as I wanted us to win, I know the team wanted to win even more. I hope this event is scheduled sooner than later so we can thank guys like Oshie, Duncan, Chorney, Finley, Lamoreux, and Kaip before they leave Grand Forks.

This is one of the most successful periods of time in the history of a very elite hockey power. Number 8 would have been great but losing in the National Semifinals does not negate the entire seasons accomplishments. I hope the fans who feel an event should be postponed so they (the fans) can cool off take advantage of the coming months and use the time including the Fan appreciation night to cool off. If you can only recognize National Champions as contributors to the UND hockey tradition then you have only been a "fan" seven times in the history of the program.

On a side note, BC coach York has had his team to the Frozen Four 8 times and has won only 2 NCAA championships. I have a feeling the Hak can surpass both of those numbers.

It is disappointing that "Sioux Fans" are so upset that they think the team should not be honored just like the past Frozen Four teams. Any fan who was around watching the Sioux in the post 1987 to pre-1996 season realizes how remarkable the past 4 years have been. As a fan, it is ridiculous to feel that the team let you down by losing on the ice. The team can only let fans down by behaving in a way that does not promote a good reputation for the University or hockey team. For as much as I wanted us to win, I know the team wanted to win even more. I hope this event is scheduled sooner than later so we can thank guys like Oshie, Duncan, Chorney, Finley, Lamoreux, and Kaip before they leave Grand Forks.

This is one of the most successful periods of time in the history of a very elite hockey power. Number 8 would have been great but losing in the National Semifinals does not negate the entire seasons accomplishments. I hope the fans who feel an event should be postponed so they (the fans) can cool off take advantage of the coming months and use the time including the Fan appreciation night to cool off. If you can only recognize National Champions as contributors to the UND hockey tradition then you have only been a "fan" seven times in the history of the program.

On a side note, BC coach York has had his team to the Frozen Four 8 times and has won only 2 NCAA championships. I have a feeling the Hak can surpass both of those numbers.

I disagree.

That effort let down every Sioux fan.

I disagree.

That effort let down every Sioux fan.

With the party that supposedly went on til 6 AM after the team landed in GF....while that will not help matters either. You would think if the boys were going to have a party they would know well enough not to draw attention to it...but I guess not

With the party that supposedly went on til 6 AM after the team landed in GF....while that will not help matters either. You would think if the boys were going to have a party they would know well enough not to draw attention to it...but I guess not

meh...rookies :)

I was thinking it might be canceled for fear no one would show up.

Beat me to it.

Either that or Hakstol is going to have to wear protective head gear to prevent injury after people throw things at him.

JPL, Joe Finley, Chay Genoway... don't even bother showing up. Just quit the team or sign a pro contract or do something else. You all suck. :)

T

Thank you, well said.....I couldn't have expressed it as well!

T

Thank you, well said.....I couldn't have expressed it as well!

I would like to consider myself as much as a Sioux fan as any one else on this board and I would be the first to say I'm not the most knowledgable person on this board. I do more "listening" and "learning" on this board than posting threads (or try to). My kids play the game, I'm learning how, and I'm amazed as the skill and ability it takes for these gentlemen to play the game (now that I'm learning how, I'm more amazed, this hockey s**t is not easy to do!).

If I lived in the vicinity of Grand Forks, I know I would be there, regardless of a win or lose record. Why? Because they are the Fighting Sioux and I'm a fan. I understand being ticked off as a result of Thursday's performance (I sure as hell was) and to vent fustration, but to bash them is senseless.

If you're a Sioux and you have the opportunity to be there when they do Fan Appreciation night, you just gotta go...

Forever a Sioux fan!

Wow?? Got back to late last night and decided to read a little this morning. Though, I'm more for reading this board than writing I felt the need to write a note. I think it's to bad that all the "fans" feel the team let us down and then go on to say they should cancel the fan night. I for one will be taking my son who loves the Sioux players and he can still remember every name for the last five years. I've had a great time taking my daughters as well. Lots fo fun times. It has been a great ride and will continue to be with the players coming on board. We've had great players come here who went on to have great NHL careers but did not win a title.

Anyone who's been in sports knows that it takes allot of things to happen to win the title. Heck, BC barely beat Miami and should have lost that game. Just as we should have lost in the regionals if it wasn't for the goaltending of a person who's being ripped on this board too.

Though I laugh at the mistakes made off ice...is that all we'll remember once they leave the program? Me..I'll remember the hits Chorney made and the miracle goals Osh made, the great saves by JPL, the wrister Kozek learnd while here, the rifle of a shot by Dunc's and even the few hits Finley made. While driving my son laughed for half an hour about the hit Osh made on the 6'9" guy over the boards into our box a year ago. It'll be fun going to watch the boys in the cities.

While in St. Louis we were in line to get the Hobey three autograph's the people in charge made the payers go to another commitment. Dunc noticed my son and his jersey back 30 people.... he held the other two guys back, waved for my son to come over and then signed his two items, gave him a high five and asked if there was anything else he could do for a Sioux fan.

Point is...these kids/players are great!! Don't throw them under the bus for these mistakes....same things we did. And we have many more great players coming in. Let's not turn into another program where the complaints are ridiculous, filled with anger and over the top language. And to ALL the kids/ young adults out there.......be careful of the words you use. There is to much angry writing going on from Red River/Grafton to the semi final game etc. and many other subjects. This is the reason youth hockey programs don't allow parents to call the coaches for 24 hours after a game.

We were all mad at getting our a** handed to us by BC again and it wasn't a cheap trip but the fun was there and worth it! Had a good conversation with Eades at ESPN Zone Saturday and I can tell you he was still hurting more than any of us could have been. Gave some good insight.

That's my post of the year and hope no ripping comes with it!! I'll see you in DC

I absolutely love this post above me, and I couldn't agree more. We Sioux fans talk about being Sioux fans, and when our team loses we absolutely rip into them? That is bandwagon bullsh%*t in my mind. I am sticking with these boys through thick and thin, and I will not lower myself to those kinds of levels. I am super proud of the past four years' accomplishments, and the players are extremely honorable young adults. They aren't perfect, they will make mistakes. We all make mistakes, and we should let it go. You win some and you lose some, it's just a way of life. The earth is still standing, so we'll live to see another day. Oh well, let's move on and get ready for next season.

I think it's to bad that all the "fans" feel the team let us down and then go on to say they should cancel the fan night.

For the record, I'm pretty sure Triouxper was joking when he said that; he was trying to make fun of the fair weather/bandwagon fans.

You guys might want to check this out... I heard about this on Facebook (go figure) and had to research to find any other information, and this is all I found. :lol:

Well if that doesn't prove that all these guys care about is themselves and hockey and boozin I don't know what does? What a bunch of jerks. :silly: