SiouxSports.com Forum

Porter's oal vs. Kozek's goal

siouxweet

Porter's.

It came against the Gophers one week after Wheeler's OT goal so you had the payback factor. The shootout against Michigan added a lot of drama to the weekend already. The Gophers were a better team last year than the Badgers were this year. The Pepsi Center is a more dramatic venue than the Kohl....probably had more Sioux fans at the Pepsi Center too.

Oh, and I was at the Pepsi Center so it obviously was more dramatic. :lol:

Porter's.

It came against the Gophers one week after Wheeler's OT goal so you had the payback factor. The shootout against Michigan added a lot of drama to the weekend already. The Gophers were a better team last year than the Badgers were this year. The Pepsi Center is a more dramatic venue than the Kohl....probably had more Sioux fans at the Pepsi Center too.

Oh, and I was at the Pepsi Center so it obviously was more dramatic. :lol:

I second this.

As soon as Kozek scored (and I got over my initial excitement) I started yelling for him not to skate towards the boards. Earlier I was retelling the story of the hit Porter took from the team after he scored his goal and how the glass swayed back and forth a couple of feet. I just didn't want anyone to get hurt!

I would have to give the egde to Porter's goal. Gophs were a better team than the Badgers were and the fact that they had beaten us in the Final Five and jersey popped again made it that much sweeter. As much as I dislike the team in red there is no college hockey team I dislike more that Lucia Pet's Gophers.

Both were awesome in their own way! I was at the Pepsi Center to witness Porter's goal in person and it was such an awesome experience and something I'll never forget. I watched last night's game on ESPNU with my girlfriend and a buddy of mine and that too was great after having watched the Sioux struggle for two periods and feeling as if the season were 20 minutes from coming to an end when, in fact, the entire team pulled it together and played a gutsy 3rd period and OT.

Both games will be fondly remembered for a long, long time.

I personally think Duncan's goal was the better of the two. I mean, Duncan made an incredible play that only a player like Duncan could make. What an unreal goal by Ryan Duncan.

Oh, wait, we may have called that wrong. It was Andrew Kozek. :lol:

Nice work, ESPNU dolts.

I personally think Duncan's goal was the better of the two. I mean, Duncan made an incredible play that only a player like Duncan could make. What an unreal goal by Ryan Duncan.

Nice work, ESPNU dolts.

It only took those boneheads three replays to figure it out!

Both were equally as important and both had extra storylines.

Porters comes in OT against the goofers a week after we lose to them in similar dramatic fashion.

Kozeks comes in OT against the badgers in there backyard. This also is the result of being placed back on the line with Oshie and Duncan.

IMO right now this one is a tie, but Kozeks will edge out Porters if the boys can finish this year!

Personally, Kozek's goal was much more special. Being at the game does have something to do with it, but before the 3rd everyone felt like we were 20 minutes of mediocre hockey away from the end. Coming back like we did was amazing and Kozek capped it off. Both were outstanding though.

Nice work, ESPNU dolts.

That wasn't as bad as Barry Melrose thinking BC Coach Jerry York was BU Coach Jack Parker during the BC-Minn Game.

A little partial to Porter's goal since 1) it happened right in front of us live and 2) beat the Gophs! :ohmy: But it is Kozek's that is getting me to Denver!!!

It is very hard to pick between the two, but I saw Porter's goal happen live two rows behind frazee and I watched the FF on my couch. Like you said with Kozek's goal it means I get to see the Sioux in Denver.