SiouxSports.com Forum

Brian Lee

Fetch

I don't find it funny. Let's share. How many SiouxSports.com members find this funny. It's a 'joke, don't take it seriously'

Haha it was a joke, chill out. It was only fitting since I "misspelled" it once, to do it agian.

How about, back to Brian Lee...

• Replies 167
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I wasn't putting Oshie down, I was just saying he's not worlds better than Wheeler like everyone is saying with all this bust talk and such. They are both juniors and both still in school so that takes care of the argument of people saying the best players leave early (no argument for coming back for a NC).

The difference is that Oshie is a junior in college because he wanted to stay with his friends at the premier college hockey program in the the country. He turned down St. Louis' best efforts to try and lure him into taking a few million dollars, but he thought more about being a Fighting Sioux hockey player and a University of North Dakota student than about being in the NHL and getting a huge paycheck. Wheeler, on the other hand, had no choice. Phoenix didn't want him. His choices were going back to school or going up to Canadian Major Juniors like other Gopher 1st round choices. When this season is over Wheeler will be pulled out of college because Phoenix will want to know if they made a major 1st round blunder, or is Wheeler not progressing in the Gopher system, much like Okposo and others weren't.

I don't find it funny. Let's share. How many SiouxSports.com members find this funny. It's a 'joke, don't take it seriously'

I've had the dufous on ignore for a week; unfortunately I can't avoid "quotings". I'm hoping everyone gets him/her on ignore, then no more quoting, and we will never have to read the drivel again.

Like Nate Hagemo? Oh, I guess he's no longer part of the gopher family, so it doesn't count.

Haha that's a good one :D

Oh it counts, but that's one person this year, not "everyone" as was posted earlier. I'll give you credit though, pretty funny. :silly:

The difference is that Oshie is a junior in college because he wanted to stay with his friends at the premier college hockey program in the the country. He turned down St. Louis' best efforts to try and lure him into taking a few million dollars, but he thought more about being a Fighting Sioux hockey player and a University of North Dakota student than about being in the NHL and getting a huge paycheck. Wheeler, on the other hand, had no choice. Phoenix didn't want him. His choices were going back to school or going up to Canadian Major Juniors like other Gopher 1st round choices. When this season is over Wheeler will be pulled out of college because Phoenix will want to know if they made a major 1st round blunder, or is Wheeler not progressing in the Gopher system, much like Okposo and others weren't.

While you ma y be right about Wheeler and Oshie, don't generalize about the Gopher program or other first round picks. Plenty of successful first round draft picks coming out of both our programs.

I agree with you about order of importance besides Frozen Four vs. Final 5 championship, to me winning a conference championship is bigger than winning 2 games in the NCAA tournament and not winning it all. I wasn't putting Oshie down, I was just saying he's not worlds better than Wheeler like everyone is saying with all this bust talk and such. They are both juniors and both still in school so that takes care of the argument of people saying the best players leave early (no argument for coming back for a NC). As a college player this year Oshie was better, I never said that he wasn't so if you would have actually read what I wrote instead of getting so defensive you might have noticed that all I was doing was defending Wheeler and simply comparing him to Oshie, where the numbers don't show a huge difference, especially when you look at the players' teams. In regards to frozen four appearances not being participation, then what are they? Seems like kind of a foolish argument to me, saying that you appeared as one of the final four teams standing is a tangible accomplishment, especially when all that is talked about on here is how the Sue only hang banners for national championships and such. I do find it hard to believe that winning a championship (be in the F5) is a lesser thing in your mind than winning 2 games and ending your season by losing in the Frozen Four, but that's just me.

You're right, that is just you. I couldn't give a damn whether the Sioux win a Final 5--if they need to win that tournament to play on, they don't deserve to make the NCAA tournament. Regardless of how they do in the Final 5, the Sioux generaly live to play on in the NCAA tournament which is the ultimate goal for EVERY program. While it is humorous that SCSU hangs up participation banners, SCSU making the NCAA tournament is a lot bigger deal than winning the WCHA Final 5 tournament. To me, the Final 5 is like winning a holiday tournament--it's nice, but means absolutely nothing. It's a revenue producer. Only Rodent fans like you can make the incredulous argument that it actually means something. If you want to make a case for winning the Broadmoor for winning the regular season title, I'll listen, but no rational person believes that winning the Final 5 is that big of a deal. I don't care how Michigan did in the CCHA tournament, how BC did in the HE tournament, etc. If they eliminated it tomorrow I wouldn't miss it at all.

Where are you going to be after this weekend? I would guess somewhere sulking after your team's "magical run" comes to an end at the hands of bc. Just like the last couple of years, an early exit from the NCAA tourney, and then you will have nothing to spout off about.

Some of the posts in this thread do seem to be for the sole purpose of annoying other members. That's pretty much the definition of trolling and does not make the message board a better place for anyone.

I've contacted a few people individually, and hope everyone cooperates because I'd really prefer not to close this thread given that there is legitimate discussion to be had of Brian's recent accomplishments.

Everyone, please refrain from making posts that have no purpose other than baiting or annoying others.

Some of the posts in this thread do seem to be for the sole purpose of annoying other members. That's pretty much the definition of trolling and does not make the message board a better place for anyone.

I've contacted a few people individually, and hope everyone cooperates because I'd really prefer not to close this thread given that there is legitimate discussion to be had of Brian's recent accomplishments.

Everyone, please refrain from making posts that have no purpose other than baiting or annoying others.

Bob....back to Brian Lee.

Once again, its not just me so don't play it that way just because we cheer for a different team.

To me, the Final 5 is like winning a holiday tournament--it's nice, but means absolutely nothing. It's a revenue producer. Only Rodent fans like you can make the incredulous argument that it actually means something. If you want to make a case for winning the Broadmoor for winning the regular season title, I'll listen, but no rational person believes that winning the Final 5 is that big of a deal. I don't care how Michigan did in the CCHA tournament, how BC did in the HE tournament, etc. If they eliminated it tomorrow I wouldn't miss it at all.

:silly: Wow. I'm going to cancel my package for next season. I've been to basically every Final Five since about 1994 and from what I've seen, every team that has won the title has celebrated the tournament like it IS a big deal.

Remember that winning the conference tourney is a GUARANTEED birth in the field of 16. To some teams that don't make it every season that is a VERY big deal. Even to those that do, it's a trophy, it's a tournament win against some of the toughest competition in the nation. To me, that is often more fun to watch than the actual NCAA tournament...even if the stakes aren't quite as high.

EDIT: this thread is SOOOO far off topic it's not even funny. Sorry to participate in that.

Gopherz clearly comes here for the attention he never gets on GPL. The best medicine for this is to not respond to his posts, or put him on ignore. He'll be gone in a week if we do this.

I really don't mind it if fans of other teams come here and post as long as they keep it an in-depth hockey conversation. Sometimes those are the best conversations. When people come here to talk about whatever and not add any realistic insight, it just wastes people's time. This is wasting people's time.

I really don't mind it if fans of other teams come here and post as long as they keep it an in-depth hockey conversation. Sometimes those are the best conversations. When people come here to talk about whatever and not add any realistic insight, it just wastes people's time. This is wasting people's time.

Yes, I agree. I apologize to everyone I angered and for bringing this thread off topic (although it's a 2 way street) and I think we can all agree on some good hockey conversation here, regardless of what team we cheer for.

Anyway...I don't so much mind Brian Lee, I can cheer for him being that we share a hometown.

You are wrong about Wheeler. Don't post if you don't know the facts you look foolish. :silly:

Wheeler will be fine in hockey or in his other professional aspirations. This thread is good humor, people get so upset about meaningless things (hockey) in the grand scheme of life. It's hockey, and Oshie has made mistakes off the ice and Wheeler has made some on it. Either way, Blakes father is very proud of his son. Hockey or no hockey, Blake will be fine.

Congrats to Lee and his first game. I was hoping this would be a better thread than the one about how people were happy he was gone......I realize it was railroaded by Z. He looks like a little bit of a troll. Some of you look like immature fools.

True. He is our best player now, I tend to forget about the goalies even though he is our whole team. There's nothing not to like about Kangas but people can find plenty of stuff to hate on about Wheels/Osh

I don't really like his haircut

Thats the difference too. Once a Sioux always a Sioux. We don't conveniently forget our family when they are having issues.

Come on 19, you're better than this. Ask Nate how many times he has spoken to the Minnesota program. When he hasn't it has been his choice not to return calls.

You are wrong about Wheeler. Don't post if you don't know the facts you look foolish. :silly:

Wheeler will be fine in hockey or in his other professional aspirations. This thread is good humor, people get so upset about meaningless things (hockey) in the grand scheme of life. It's hockey, and Oshie has made mistakes off the ice and Wheeler has made some on it. Either way, Blakes father is very proud of his son. Hockey or no hockey, Blake will be fine.

Congrats to Lee and his first game. I was hoping this would be a better thread than the one about how people were happy he was gone......I realize it was railroaded by Z. He looks like a little bit of a troll. Some of you look like immature fools.

Just defended Wheeler, as you just did. What was bad was what followed, if any Sioux fan posts that video, if its me, its not a joke and its the biggest thing ever. Agreed about Wheeler being just fine, I hope he figures things out, even if only for, say, 4 more games :D

Regardless I think both Oshie and Wheeler are gone after this year. I'll give Oshie a 1% chance of coming back, Blake, how about 20%.

Anyway, just saw it on Sportscenter, cool

Gopherz clearly comes here for the attention he never gets on GPL. The best medicine for this is to not respond to his posts, or put him on ignore. He'll be gone in a week if we do this.

Hey Bob, I know how to handle these guys, but it might get me suspended again. I have to take the high road.