SiouxSports.com Forum

Brian Lee

Fetch

• Replies 167
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

:silly: yeah, why dont you go ask the coyotes front office, i was with the yotes when they drafted him, top 5 pick that needs more developing and they wanted him back in school, what??

top 5 picks stay in school 1, 2 years tops in the case of toews as we were lucky he came in to und a year early. like ive said its not his fault the coyotes drafted him where they did so i dont hate on wheeler but do on people who think he can jump when he wants :D if that was the case he would be in the AHL right now. i think he may be a decent pro for the yotes in the end

u still work with the yotes?

Why the hell is everybody talking about Favre and Wheeler (puss) in a Brian Lee thread??? (insert joke here)

but seriously folks..........why?!!!! :silly:

idk where the favre thing got brought up but the wheeler thing was brought up by a goofer fan on how wheeler beat lee last year to win the final five....we here at sioux sports get off topic very quickly....*hey a beer* :D

Brian Lee ended up getting the #1 play on SportsCenter tonight. He didn't get any points, but it's the goal he prevented that got him the credit. A Sabres player had two wide open chances at a goal in a scrum in front of the net, and Brian (behind the goalie) stopped the puck on the wide open net to prevent the goal.

Here's some highlights on ESPN.com http://sports.espn.go.com/nhl/clubhouse?team=ott

he will get a fair crack next season with the yotes but the scout who drafted him in 2004 i believe is gone now, tough to miss on a top 5 pick but i guess it happens. go find me another top 5 pick thats 4 years out of highschool aged hockey and still not playing pros. tough to find.

what a thread, i knew when i saw the title that gopherz would post that clip. way to easy to predict :silly:

You knew I was going to post that clip? Haha it actually took me a while to comprehend what was going on and to spark my memory. I see why everyone thinks Wheeler sucks, always have to hate on your biggest rival's best player, call him a bust, a pansy, whatever you want. Should I go the same route? Oshie sucks :D

For the dude who asked about who won the more important game, no one did. The important game is the national championship, which neither of us were lucky enough to win (I set myself up for a 7 > 5 thing here, who has more in the past 6 years? :))

You knew I was going to post that clip? Haha it actually took me a while to comprehend what was going on and to spark my memory. I see why everyone thinks Wheeler sucks, always have to hate on your biggest rival's best player, call him a bust, a pansy, whatever you want. Should I go the same route? Oshie sucks :silly:

For the dude who asked about who won the more important game, no one did. The important game is the national championship, which neither of us were lucky enough to win (I set myself up for a 7 > 5 thing here, who has more in the past 6 years? :D)

gooferz, you seem to want to be reprimanded, so I will bite. who has been to more frozen fours the last 3 years? really? or how about who won more national championships between 1987 and 2000? as for wheeler v. oshie, don't even pretend to be serious. oshie is the best player on the ice everytime he steps on the ice, period, even when he is hurt. wheeler has good games and bad. he is big, and should be a decent pro someday because of his size advantage, but he is not even in the same category as the osh.

gooferz, you seem to want to be reprimanded, so I will bite. who has been to more frozen fours the last 3 years? really? or how about who won more national championships between 1987 and 2000? as for wheeler v. oshie, don't even pretend to be serious. oshie is the best player on the ice everytime he steps on the ice, period, even when he is hurt. wheeler has good games and bad. he is big, and should be a decent pro someday because of his size advantage, but he is not even in the same category as the osh.

Who cares about Frozen fours? You guys are always the ones talking about not hanging participation banners so it shouldn't really matter if you made it. And what's the point in picking out a random 13 year period? Picking out the last decade or 6 years shows recent success, which is much more relevant. Oshie is the best player on the ice? That's your personal opinion, you're entitled to yours, I'm entitled to mine. Oshie may have a decent pro career, so should Wheeler, I guess we will find out and only time will tell. Obviously Wheels has good games and bad games, so does every college athlete. Like I said, everyone loves to hate their rival's best player.

Who cares about Frozen fours? You guys are always the ones talking about not hanging participation banners so it shouldn't really matter if you made it. And what's the point in picking out a random 13 year period? Picking out the last decade or 6 years shows recent success, which is much more relevant. Oshie is the best player on the ice? That's your personal opinion, you're entitled to yours, I'm entitled to mine. Oshie may have a decent pro career, so should Wheeler, I guess we will find out and only time will tell. Obviously Wheels has good games and bad games, so does every college athlete. Like I said, everyone loves to hate their rival's best player.

You are quickly losing whatever credibility you once had. Let's look at this objectively, shall we? If you look at the Final 5 program, every single captain of every other team except Peltier (who voted for Duncan) rated Oshie as the best offensive player. Not one mentioned Wheeler. Kaip, who can't vote for his own teammate, voted for Rhakshani of Denver. Oshie made 1st team all-WCHA, Wheeler made 3rd team. Oshie is a Hobey Baker finalist, Wheeler is not. Seriously, don't make stupid arguments. Wheeler is not in the same class.

As far as Frozen 4's, they are not "participation". That is for making the tournament (e.g, SCSU). Making the Frozen 4 is a big deal, much bigger than winning the Final 5 which is a meaningless tournament that is strictly there for revenue. I would rather make it to the Frozen 4 any day than win a WCHA title (which is a big deal) and would rather make the NCAA tournament than have a Final 5 title. It's meaningless. In order: (1) NCAA championship --overwhelmingly (2) Frozen 4 appearance (3) WCHA title. Frankly, I could care less about the Final 5.

Actually, I kind of like Kangas.

True. He is our best player now, I tend to forget about the goalies even though he is our whole team. There's nothing not to like about Kangas but people can find plenty of stuff to hate on about Wheels/Osh