SiouxSports.com Forum

NCAA HOCKEY TOURNEY

AZSIOUX

• Replies 395
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

hands down this guy, his name is a classic and hes the guy the sioux would pick up :silly: good numbers as well at 40 points

Bear Trapp :D friken sweet

and he already has the stache to blend in

1495135.jpeg

is that BEAR TRAPP or DAVID ARQUETTE :)

just did a double take and are you kidding me with this stache and name :lol:

Totally random thought that might have already been covered in this thread..... hockey is not the biggest winter sport at UW-Madison... not only do the students show up late (second period late) for hockey, so why would they show up early for our game on Saturday... but, the men's basketball team is in Michigan for the Sweet 16 and I'd bet a lot of the wealthy alumni and Badger fans will be there instead of the Kohl Center. Could make for an interesting weekend.... I keep hearing about this hostile crowd that will be cheering against us, but I think it'll be much smaller than most people expect.

Totally random thought that might have already been covered in this thread..... hockey is not the biggest winter sport at UW-Madison... not only do the students show up late (second period late) for hockey, so why would they show up early for our game on Saturday... but, the men's basketball team is in Michigan for the Sweet 16 and I'd bet a lot of the wealthy alumni and Badger fans will be there instead of the Kohl Center. Could make for an interesting weekend.... I keep hearing about this hostile crowd that will be cheering against us, but I think it'll be much smaller than most people expect.

it will be a smaller crowd for sure and then when sconnie gets beat it will a lot more quiet on sunday except for sioux fans of course going crazy :silly:

the only way that place gets semi packed and loud this weekend is if uw plays the sioux sunday, who knows maybe du overlooks them and uw pays them back for that non goal call earlier in the year :D

I am thinking most of the Badger fans will be following the bouncy ball tourney which is awesome and great!

I agree. In another thread it was brought up that there won't be a student section for these games, that their seats are up for grabs in the post season...do you agree? I hope so, leaves more tickets for us!

I agree. In another thread it was brought up that there won't be a student section for these games, that their seats are up for grabs in the post season...do you agree? I hope so, leaves more tickets for us!

yes just like any regional, have to buy your ticket packages or single game tix like everyone else. after uw gets beat the place will be very easy to sneak around on sunday

As AZSIOUX said, I believe that to be correct. There should not be a student section (oh darn). What are the chances that sign guy (if you've been to a Badger game at the Kohl Center you know who I'm talking about) will be at basketball instead of hockey.... one can only hope!!! haha! I guess I should look at the positive for Wisconsin... they aren't the home team, so in theory they'll be wearing red, so their repetive "Let's Go Red" cheers will actually match their jerseys for once.

As AZSIOUX said, I believe that to be correct. There should not be a student section (oh darn). What are the chances that sign guy (if you've been to a Badger game at the Kohl Center you know who I'm talking about) will be at basketball instead of hockey.... one can only hope!!! haha! I guess I should look at the positive for Wisconsin... they aren't the home team, so in theory they'll be wearing red, so their repetive "Let's Go Red" cheers will actually match their jerseys for once.

You must mean Phil. I love that guys enthusiasim.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vfcDUxJAoDE

Michigan blog:

http://mgoblog.blogspot.com/2008/03/its-ma...t-taken-or.html

Note that none of these teams are #$&*ing North Dakota. It's a really good draw.

Meanwhile, Michigan and St. Cloud have a brief, awesome history. Yost Ice Arena hosted back-to-back regionals in 2002 and 2003; in 2002 Michigan drew St. Cloud in the first round. The teams were not strangers. The year before Michigan had beaten St. Cloud in Grand Rapids. In the process, Michigan's fanbase irritated one of the Huskies' skating cheerleaders, -- no, like, seriously, this is apparently a common occupation for annoying girls in Minnesota -- causing her to offer this quote to the St. Cloud Times:

"The University of Michigan fans are like combining (North Dakota) Sioux fans and Minnesota Gophers fans," said McGannon, a cheerleader for the Huskies. "They're horrible people. It's like they've never seen hockey cheerleaders.

"Their band was obnoxious, horrible, not very welcoming at all. Now it's going to be on their home ice and they'll be worse."

Yeah, they really dont like us. :D

If you ask me, I am rather happy that the Sioux would not have to play the Wolverines until the NC. They are not too pleased with how the Sioux have eliminated them from the NCAA Tourney the previous two years. Revenge is a %&*$# when you are on the receiving side.

Anybody else think that Air Force is going to give Miami all that it can handle? I heard that Ehn is going to be back for the regional too.

Remember that Air Force gave a very solid Gopher team fits last year in the Regional.

I am also very curious how tightly called these games are going to be

Anybody else think that Air Force is going to give Miami all that it can handle? I heard that Ehn is going to be back for the regional too.

Remember that Air Force gave a very solid Gopher team fits last year in the Regional.

If Ehn is back, I think the Falcons have a really good chance of knocking off Miami. Miami is seriously overrated and the Falcons are very dangerous with Ehn. Just ask the Goofers!!

How do they select the refs? Will we see the WCHA refs?