SiouxSports.com Forum

NCAA HOCKEY TOURNEY

AZSIOUX

bc over minny

miami over air force

bc in frozen 4

sioux over princeton

du over (under .500 team)

sioux in frozen 4 (slaying 2 playoff demons, du and bc in frozen 4)

cc over mich st

unh over the rudy's

cc in frozen 4

mich over purple eagles

one and doners get 1st in over clarkson

mich in frozen 4

UND over CC

MICH over CC

SIOUX over MICH for #8, this stuff is easy

• Replies 395
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You must have really hated us the rest of the season. :wink:

I was actually impressed with the Gophers during their series against the Sioux this year. Other than those 2 series, I didn't see them play too much until the F5.

They are a gritty team, but they just seemed to be missing something. Missed passes, lots of turnovers in their own zone...stuff like that. They just didn't seem like the Gopher teams of past...speedy possession teams with great puckhandlers.

I was actually impressed with the Gophers during their series against the Sioux this year. Other than those 2 series, I didn't see them play too much until the F5.

They are a gritty team, but they just seemed to be missing something. Missed passes, lots of turnovers in their own zone...stuff like that. They just didn't seem like the Gopher teams of past...speedy possession teams with great puckhandlers.

I think Cinderella is getting ready to lose its glass slipper.

I think Cinderella is getting ready to lose its glass slipper.

didnt know and would never think they they were a cinderella? interesting... now if niagara wins a game then we can call them good ol cinderella :wink:

And MSU-M is a terrible excuse for top 10.

I like the way the Gophers bracket is looking besides BC...get past them and hello F4

the gophers have 2 tough teams to get through. i think bc will beat minny actually as they seem to always play good hockey in the ncaa tourney up til the title game :wink: cant wait to see all these games!! great time of year

Evidently Big Joe is sick, and that was the excuse for his poor play. I am hopeful that he will be abck to 100% for this weekend.

Joe was not sick this weekend it was Bina that had the flu.

2. Defensemen need to hold the Blue Line. Joe especially seemed to be backing up rather than stepping up. Once an opponent sets foot into our defensive zone, he should have a body into him, not a poke check or an angle play on position.

He has to back up, because he is too slow. He can't body a guy that is already by him. He needs to learn how to use his stick, so that the guy can not get the shot off. That was his only hope the game winner by Denver.

Here is my only concern coming into the NCAAs. Hak never got the lines set up this year. Switiching Kozek and Miller on and off that first line in the Final 5??? Its a little late for juggling, isn't it?

I think that our best product is:

Oshie, Duncan, and Kozek

Vande, Kaip, and Watkins

Martens, Frattin, and Miller

Zajac, Radke, and Malone

Chorney and Bina

Finley and Genoway

Jones and Marto

Obviously a healthy Trupp earns a spot...over Malone if I'm coach

IMO - Kozek > Miller, especially in St. Paul. I thought Kozek should have been on ice instead of Miller when we pulled Lammy v. Denver. Miller lost a battle in the corner and the puck came out of the Denver zone.

Kozek and Martens played well together this weekend - they may be looking for balance - then Kozek with Martens makes more sense.

I do not agree Kangas will be rattled this weekend. Give me one example of a time this year that would indicate this will be the case?

It'll be Kangas' first real test where 33-98% of the crowd won't be cheering FOR him.

BC has too much firepower to lose. 4-2 BC.

WOW, it pains me to say but I have NoDak winning it all.

Don't know if I can handle starting to hear 8>5. :wink:

I would have had the Gophers going farther in the tourney but they just can't score goals right now. Kangas has been a stud so far but in the big dance they need to be able to score some more goals.

I don't think that Kangas is gonna hit the boards this week end. His skill is awesome, he handled himself really well this week end. The Goofys will lose this week end but not because Kangas isn't going to put on a great show.

Was listening to some random radio station while driving to work this morning. The announcer was PI$$ED at the NC$$. He could not understand how Wisconsin, St. Cloud and Minnesota got an invite and the Mavs were shut out. Not a happy camper.

WOW, it pains me to say but I have NoDak winning it all.

Don't know if I can handle starting to hear 8>5. :wink:

I would have had the Gophers going farther in the tourney but they just can't score goals right now. Kangas has been a stud so far but in the big dance they need to be able to score some more goals.

I hope that you are right and are not Bob Norton in disguise. :D I think this will be the Sioux's last chance at the title for a couple of years, so they need to get it done. Next year, the WCHA is going to be loaded with Denver, UM, Wisconsin and SCSU having very young teams and great recruits coming in. The Sioux will lose a lot after this year with Oshie Duncan, Finley, Chorney, Kaip, Bina, etc. They have a few very good recruiting classes coming in, but next year they will be very young. I'm thinking 2009-10 as the year.

It rolls off the tongue much better than 7>6!

I hate this, but I have you in the driver seat as well. Maybe the grass is always greener, but I think the Sioux got the easiest path to the final four possible.

I'm not looking forward to Boston or Miami. WHile Miami takes a lot of flack, i've watched them a few times this season. They are fast and move the puck well from one end to the other.

While I don't think that we have an easy path to the FF, I do think that we have a strong chance at coming out of that regional. No surprises with Denver or Wisconsin. I like our chances against either team, although both are definitely capable of knocking us off. The key is to not overlook Princeton. It is a cinderella story with them. I don't like fairy tales.

I strongly believe that Ryan Duncan will be back next year. If anything, I think his stock fell this year, so if he didn't leave early last year, why would he leave early this year? We'll be fine next year too.

I am excited to have another Toews in green, and Cichy and Gregoire.

We'll be just fine.

Well lets hope all the guys are going to finally get over this flu thing and be at full strength for the week to come. If any of the flu talk is true of this weekend, then to see this team at full strength again could be fun. I couldn't imagine playing a game of hockey with the flu, a cold or anything. How would you get your body/head 100% into the game? The team was definitely soft on friday but if I were sick, I wouldnt be down for going to throw out a body check or two, yuck. However the Sioux need to play physical the rest of the year without a doubt. Im just now praying that this game will be viewable (not talking about ESPNU on delay).