SiouxSports.com Forum

Tom Pohl

#1fan

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I said I feel for his family and for him. I think it is horrible what happened to him during a routine play. That is aweful. The thing I have a problem with is remembering the jerks from UMtc that literally starting clapping while Bina laid on the ice. As I said it is those people I have no sympathy for.

Why would you even think of "those jerks" and how someone else acted two years ago? I doubt there were any of them who clapped who have an IQ above 50 and enough of a personality to get through a weekend without a snootful of booze. This has nothing to do with them, with Bina or any other fans. It shouldn't be a point you make when a kid gets hurt this badly. It shouldn't be part of this discussion. You just need to pray this kid is OK and leave it at that.

If you have ever met Dave Hakstol, you would also know it is sincere. He's a great guy. He's passionate about the game, but he understands what it is all about. He has tremendous respect for the game and the players. He may be a fierce rival of the Gophers, but he has an enormous amount of respect for the program and all of the young men that don the jersey or the jersey of any college hockey team.

Please continue to give us updates on Tom Pohl. If anyone knows where cards or letters can be sent to his family, please post it. I can speak for many Sioux fans and say that we are very concerned about Tom Pohl. These type of incidents put everything into perspective, whether it is Travis Roy, Robbie Bina or Tom Pohl.

I see he has you fooled also. Bubba is a lot nicer guy, when he was here. Whose Bubba?

I think the point is that this was not the proper time or place to mention the actions of a few idiots following the Bina hit. It should have been posted in a Bina thread three years ago, not a Pohl thread today.

Exactly....that was the point I was trying to make, but somehow failed with the words I was using...thanks Dave!

According to Brad's Blog, the press conference made it sound like Wiley is having a terrible time with the incident, I also wish him the best.

I agree. I feel bad for Tom Pohl and I wish him and his family all the best in their current situation. I also feel bad for Jason Wiley and hope that someone has told him that the Gopher Players don't hold any ill will towards him about this because he will carry it with him for awhile anyway.

I have a character flaw...

I feel more sorry for Wiley than I ever did for Paukovich. I guess that makes me a bad person.

Anyone heard if Pohl's number will appear on the backs of helmets like Bina's did?

I think it would be neat to see Sioux helmets with Pohl's number on the back.

I feel more sorry for Wiley than I ever did for Paukovich. I guess that makes me a bad person.

Anyone heard if Pohl's number will appear on the backs of helmets like Bina's did?

I would agree with the stickers, but from what it sounds Wiley is having a difficult time with this while Paukovich truly was acting like Claude Lemieux. It became even worse when he came to the REA the following year and taunted the crowd. That moment made me lose all respect for not only him but Gwoz for not grabbing his player and telling him to shut the F up.

According to Brad's Blog, the press conference made it sound like Wiley is having a terrible time with the incident, I also wish him the best.

I am sure that Jason Wiley feels horrible about what happened. If anyone has ever spent any time with kid, they would know that there is NO WAY that he would ever put himself in position to hurt another player. He is about as mild mannered as he could be, and always plays the game the right way.

There was nothing intentional about happened, and what really caused the problem was when Wiley's eldow caught on Pohl's helmet and it came off.

Great to hear that all of Tom P's issues seem to cleared up..............and hop e that Jason W will get over it too.

Then I am one too. I don't know if you could call them the same though because from what I have heard Wiley didn't mean to hit him and paukovich had to have meant to hit Robbie into the boards.

I hope they are wearing Pohl's number this weekend....and letting him know that we are thinking of him.

I've seen a few posts about him playing next season, and thought I'd share some experience with this type of injury.

As I found out the "wrong way" a couple of years ago, a skull fracture heals very slowly. In my case, I was told that it would take at least a year for the fracture to "close up" completely, IF it ever completely does. Many times the fracture location remains not 100% healed. Couple that with all of the potential side-effects, (everything from balance to senses to memory) I don't know if he'll be taking full contact on the ice in 7 months. That said, I hope he plays again as soon as he is able. This injury really sucks.

Don't know if any of you particularly care but he had an interview on KFAN with Hartman yesterday, sounded great. Its currently the 2nd one down on that page, listed obviously under Tom Pohl

Dude, real fans DO care and no one wants to see a guy's career ended by a life-threatening on-ice injury. We're all on the same team with respect to Tom Pohl.

Dude, real fans DO care and no one wants to see a guy's career ended by a life-threatening on-ice injury. We're all on the same team with respect to Tom Pohl.

Well I think its definitely worth a listen then if you have 5-10 minutes to kill, sad to see his career end like it did, wouldn't wish this upon any player of any team. Good to see he's improving and may be able to live his normal life again but tough to hear him talk about what a life-threatening deal it was, especially for one of our own.

Well I think its definitely worth a listen then if you have 5-10 minutes to kill, sad to see his career end like it did, wouldn't wish this upon any player of any team. Good to see he's improving and may be able to live his normal life again but tough to hear him talk about what a life-threatening deal it was, especially for one of our own.

http://www.kare11.com/news/news_article.aspx?storyid=502472

seems like a great well rounded kid. heck i can even (halfway :D ) root for the goofs to come out of their region beating our playoff demon and the paper tiger. i think a sioux/goof tilt in denver would be a hell of a game. if it does happen, i hope tom is able to make the trip to denver with his team.

If you were able to catch the whole TV interview he seemed pretty sure that he would be able to travel with the team to Denver if somehow we make the Frozen Four. And I agree, that game would be AMAZING.