SiouxSports.com Forum

SIOUX vs MICHIGAN TECH

AZSIOUX

tn_058.JPGtn_037.JPGtn_193.JPG

The Sioux are coming two ties vs SCSU at home. The Sioux ended up 2nd in the WCHA so will host Michigan Tech this coming weekend. Tech is coming off a split at MSU and finished 9th in the WCHA. TJ Oshie went down vs SCSU so lets hope he gets back into action when hes ready as we all know hes a big piece of the puzzle. 17 game unbeaten streak for the Sioux which is a school record but everything starts over starting Friday night for all 10 WCHA teams. GO SIOUX and lets get a couple wins and rest up Sunday hopefully.

HEAD TO HEAD THIS SEASON sioux won series 3-1

10-26-07 - tech wins 3-1 @ tech

10-27-07 - sioux win 6-0 @ tech

1-11-08 - 4-1 sioux win in grand forks

1-12-08 - 4-1 sioux win in grand forks

nodak.gif - SIOUX TIED FOR 4TH IN PAIRWISE AS OF NOW

Overall Record: 23-8-4

WCHA: 18-7-3, 39 points

Home: 13-4-2

• Replies 138
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Jamie Russell and his staff are solid coaches and will have their boys prepared. They know that they will

need to go deep into the Final Five or their season is over. They will be up and going hard. If the Sioux

take them lightly, we will have a week off from play. That would suck, only because how much fun the Final Five

is when the Sioux are in town.

Tech has beaten some very good teams this year. Here is hoping that the Sioux will get healthy in the training room soon and

that they will get healthy on the ice, with some goals and big rout swagger, against Tech next weekend.

The Ralph crowd will hopefully remember to give the boys an extended curtain call for a great season regardless of what happens.

Jamie Russell and his staff are solid coaches and will have their boys prepared. They know that they will

need to go deep into the Final Five or their season is over. They will be up and going hard. If the Sioux

take them lightly, we will have a week off from play. That would suck, only because how much fun the Final Five

is when the Sioux are in town.

Tech has beaten some very good teams this year. Here is hoping that the Sioux will get healthy in the training room soon and

that they will get healthy on the ice, with some goals and big rout swagger, against Tech next weekend.

The Ralph crowd will hopefully remember to give the boys an extended curtain call for a great season regardless of what happens.

there is no way in hell this team loses this series. they know what the ultimate goal is and this weekend is just the next step to that goal! sioux sweep

With the way the Sioux offense has been playing I think the series will take 3 games but hopefully we have some sort of offensive explosion(I will take note that we faced some good goalies but we missed a lot of opportunities in which we could've//should've scored). It's not like I wouldn't mind a sweep of the series though :silly:. Here are my predictions that hold no water:

UND vs MTU: Sioux win in three

----------Those other games----------

CC vs UAA: CC sweeps

DU vs. UMD: DU in three games

MSU vs. UMTC: MSU in three games

SCSU vs. UW: UW in three games

UND in 2

CC in 2

UMD in 2

UM in 3

SC in 3

Final 5 would look like this:

UM vs. UMD (play-in)

UND vs. SCSU

CC vs. Play-in winner

I love this time of year!!

Agreed with everything except for the Dogs series, DU isn't THAT bad. If they win it'll be in 3

Any word on the extent of Oshie's injury?

Are we going to have Oshie or Genoway for the Mich Tech series?

I would bet on both being in the line-up, just from the small amount of info I've read here.

Say, how many times has UND played Tech in the first round the past 5 years - 4?

I would bet on both being in the line-up, just from the small amount of info I've read here.

Say, how many times has UND played Tech in the first round the past 5 years - 4?

Once. We played Mankato the last 2 years, Duluth 3 years ago, Tech 4 years ago, and Denver 5 years ago.

I highly doubt UND would lose the series, but I wouldn't be surprised to see it go to 3 games. Maybe one loss to get out of the way before winning the Final 5 and Frozen Four, perhaps?

I agree, especially with the multiple injuries and the lack of scoring punch lately.

I would bet Oshie will be playing, since I saw him out on the dance floor at Gilly's last night.

You saw him first hand?? Or was it--my 4th cousin's sister's ex-boyfriend's aunt saw him?? Too many people who are "in the know" on these threads posting questionable info so I apologize if I'm stepping on your toes.

You saw him first hand?? Or was it--my 4th cousin's sister's ex-boyfriend's aunt saw him?? Too many people who are "in the know" on these threads posting questionable info so I apologize if I'm stepping on your toes.

I saw him with my own two eyes, him and a number of others from the team.

Agreed with everything except for the Dogs series, DU isn't THAT bad. If they win it'll be in 3

Wishful thinking maybe, but I think we have a good chance to take it...maybe not in 2, but I have a good feeling about this coming weekend.

Well then I have to respect gut feeling, it could happen, especially if you can find a way to score 3 or more like you did yesterday. If you play like you did on Friday against us though, its a DU sweep. All depends on what team shows up.

Wishful thinking maybe, but I think we have a good chance to take it...maybe not in 2, but I have a good feeling about this coming weekend.

if the dogs can score a few they can play with anyone. if not then du may sweep easily. i have the dogz in 3 games