SiouxSports.com Forum

SIOUX @ DULUTH

AZSIOUX

• Replies 137
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This will be my first DECC trip. For those who have been there before, what percent of the arena will be Sioux fans? How does it compare to the turnout in Mankato or St. Clown? I expect a ton of Sioux fans from GF (including Al's 2 buses) and the Twin Cities. 1000 or so sound right?

I was talking with a guy from Duluth and he said that attendance has been so/so and not any sellouts so far. I was at the Mankato game and also the St.Clown ones and was happy with the following that we give our team. My wife and I are heading up Saturday for the games at UMD and are looking forward to seeing a lot of Sioux fans. On a side note, we were in Arizona for our honeymoon the week we played Denver and watched the game at a bar in Mesa along with about 40 Sioux fans!

I was talking with a guy from Duluth and he said that attendance has been so/so and not any sellouts so far. I was at the Mankato game and also the St.Clown ones and was happy with the following that we give our team. My wife and I are heading up Saturday for the games at UMD and are looking forward to seeing a lot of Sioux fans. On a side note, we were in Arizona for our honeymoon the week we played Denver and watched the game at a bar in Mesa along with about 40 Sioux fans!

RT O'Sullivans I presume.

That would be correct. Good food, good people and great hockey. Already have our condo reservations for next Feb. in AZ already. If the Sioux are on the tube, I'll be there again.

Does anyone know if the Alumni Dept. will have any special gathers for Sioux fans in Duluth before or after the games?

wish i could have gotten over there to meet you but had other stuff going on at home watching the sioux games, you cant beat o sullivans, big games we easily get over 100 sioux fans there!! fun times

wish i could have gotten over there to meet you but had other stuff going on at home watching the sioux games, you cant beat o sullivans, big games we easily get over 100 sioux fans there!! fun times

Next time. Thanks again for the tip on that place. We have a similar set up here in the St.Cloud area with two bars showing all of the sioux home games. The locals are just amazed at the following we have.

A little side tangent...blog entry about the UMD - CC series last weekend.

http://www.areavoices.com/rinkandrun/?blog=21963

Mr. Sandelin was impressed with the Tigers, it would seem (and why not?).

It would be great to see a Sioux shutout weekend too, but I'll gladly settle for 4 points any which way. :whistling:

Looking forward to having a LOT of Sioux fans in town this weekend. The more people yelling "SIOUX" with me during the anthem the merrier!

:D

See you at the DECC!

A little side tangent...blog entry about the UMD - CC series last weekend.

http://www.areavoices.com/rinkandrun/?blog=21963

Mr. Sandelin was impressed with the Tigers, it would seem (and why not?).

It would be great to see a Sioux shutout weekend too, but I'll gladly settle for 4 points any which way. :whistling:

Looking forward to having a LOT of Sioux fans in town this weekend. The more people yelling "SIOUX" with me during the anthem the merrier!

:D

See you at the DECC!

I know my wife and I will be yelling Sioux at the end of the anthem. Funny story about that. My wife and I met 2 years ago when I was working in China. We were recently married and she just moved her from Beijing China. She LOVES Sioux hockey ( has been to 6 games already and watched at least that many on tv). The other day she was in the other room studying and learning more about the U.S. She was singing the National Anthem and when she got to the end of it she said, "SIOUX !" She thinks that's how it ends. I didn't have the heart to tell her otherwise :D

Funny story but true. Another good one was trying to explain why we had to pull the goalie against UNH and they scored an empty netter. I heard her say first 4 letter word! :D That time I did share with her what we can shout out in public and what we shouldn't.

A good omen coming up.... Saturday is our 100th day of marriage and when the Sioux win it will be Hak's 100th win. :whistling:

I know my wife and I will be yelling Sioux at the end of the anthem. Funny story about that. My wife and I met 2 years ago when I was working in China. We were recently married and she just moved her from Beijing China. She LOVES Sioux hockey ( has been to 6 games already and watched at least that many on tv). The other day she was in the other room studying and learning more about the U.S. She was singing the National Anthem and when she got to the end of it she said, "SIOUX !" She thinks that's how it ends. I didn't have the heart to tell her otherwise :D

I know there has been a lot of over sensitivity on this board over the last week, and I hate to add something that others may feel as over sensitive, but I just can't keep my mouth shut. I absolutely can not stand when people at their team to the end of the national anthem. This is the one point in the game where every person in the arena should be thinking about the men and women who have given everything for their country. It is not a time to promote a sports team. I think, and this is just my opinion, that inserting your team's name in place of the Brave is completely disrespectful. This debate seems to come up several times a year, and I apologize for bringing it up yet again. This is just an issue that I felt I couldn't keep to myself. My apologies for going completely off topic.

I know there has been a lot of over sensitivity on this board over the last week, and I hate to add something that others may feel as over sensitive, but I just can't keep my mouth shut. I absolutely can not stand when people at their team to the end of the national anthem. This is the one point in the game where every person in the arena should be thinking about the men and women who have given everything for their country. It is not a time to promote a sports team. I think, and this is just my opinion, that inserting your team's name in place of the Brave is completely disrespectful. This debate seems to come up several times a year, and I apologize for bringing it up yet again. This is just an issue that I felt I couldn't keep to myself. My apologies for going completely off topic.

Haven't you figured it out yet, sport - nobody here gives a damn what you think.

Lighten up Francis....life can be fun sometimes...if you let it.

No offense but I have given a lot of time/sweat to this country, both with the Military and with the DHS, I fought for the USA and I am sick and tired of people whining about other people yelling Sioux at the end of the national anthem. Lighten up and live. We live in the USA and not the Communist republic of the USA, the USSR or Russia. It's called people exercising their first ammendment, it is a right under the US constitiution. If you don't like cover your ears or give your tickets away.

No offense but I have given a lot of time/sweat to this country, both with the Military and with the DHS, I fought for the USA and I am sick and tired of people whining about other people yelling Sioux at the end of the national anthem. Lighten up and live. We live in the USA and not the Communist republic of the USA, the USSR or Russia. It's called people exercising their first ammendment, it is a right under the US constitiution. If you don't like cover your ears or give your tickets away.

So we say Sioux rather than brave, I don't believe it's disrespectful. If it bothers you, look at it this way...

Woodrow W. Keeble

One of my nephew's grade school teachers went on a rant to her class about how it was disrespectful to yell Sioux at the end of the national anthem and at the next game he chastised me for yelling it. My response to him was "The Sioux were here first."

LOL, :whistling: That is funny. I think people get all worked up about this.

I am still going to yell it. :D

I will be at the game, too!

My friend won tickets and we will be on a charter bus (not Al's) that leaves Saturday morning. We are staying at the Holiday Inn as well, so the place will be overrun with green this weekend. :whistling:

No idea where the seats in the arena are, though.

You will have a fun time, we went to a series in Duluth about 7 years back and while the DECC isn't the REA it had a pretty good enviornment. The fans were a lot of fun as well...