SiouxSports.com Forum

SIOUX @ DULUTH

AZSIOUX

No offense but I have given a lot of time/sweat to this country, both with the Military and with the DHS, I fought for the USA and I am sick and tired of people whining about other people yelling Sioux at the end of the national anthem. Lighten up and live. We live in the USA and not the Communist republic of the USA, the USSR or Russia. It's called people exercising their first ammendment, it is a right under the US constitiution. If you don't like cover your ears or give your tickets away.

Thanks Goon...good post.

• Replies 137
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No offense but I have given a lot of time/sweat to this country, both with the Military and with the DHS, I fought for the USA and I am sick and tired of people whining about other people yelling Sioux at the end of the national anthem. Lighten up and live. We live in the USA and not the Communist republic of the USA, the USSR or Russia. It's called people exercising their first ammendment, it is a right under the US constitiution. If you don't like cover your ears or give your tickets away.

I agree, that's why I said it was my opinion. If people don't want to stop doing it, that is their choice, my post was only intended to make people think about it and then come to their own judgment.

So we say Sioux rather than brave, I don't believe it's disrespectful. If it bothers you, look at it this way...[.quote]

If that's what you are intending when you yell it, that is fine, but how many people in the arena only do it to promote their sports team, not to honor Native Americans?

All of them do it for their sports team, or 99 percent of them. The bigger question is, who really cares? Its not like people are being disrepectful to their country purposely by doing it, people aren't screaming or being obnoxious through the whole thing, just chill out.

i see duluth ony has 2 wins in their last 6 games. splitting at uw, splitting at tech and getting swept at home vs CC. they have only scored 8 goals in their last 6 games so with how our deense has been playing and limiting shots, i like our chances a lot at the decc. keep it up

i see duluth ony has 2 wins in their last 6 games. splitting at uw, splitting at tech and getting swept at home vs CC. they have only scored 8 goals in their last 6 games so with how our deense has been playing and limiting shots, i like our chances a lot at the decc. keep it up

I see a couple of 2-1 or 1-0 games. it seems that when we play these defensive oriented teams we can nevery really have a breakout game. so both games really close.

Except that the last several times we played Duluth, the games turned into slugfests. 8-2, 5-2, 7-4, 8-3, 2-4...there were others in there as well.

I'm thinking these will be somewhat similar. Probably a pair of 4-2 games, though.

Whoo, yeah, last year's 2-2 tie and 0-1 loss were real barn burners...