SiouxSports.com Forum

PCM coaches show

sprig

I don't think this is the time of year for anyone to be wanting certain players to be dropping the gloves and fighting. we need everyone to be out on the ice not in the press box being cheerleaders. getting in a fight and having to sit out a game isn't going to help us get a 1 seed or advance to denver. simple rule right now should be "skate away, just skate away"

That's right. The time to prove you can fight for the sake of making your own stock rise has passed. That said - maybe some of the players that have been in and out of the roster wouldn't hurt the team too badly by taking care of any dirty work that needed to be done ???

Joe's mental maturity is catching up to his body maturity - and it shows. I am not sure if he drops 'em his stock will rise like Commodores' did. Commodore got paid for being good and mean. Joe will get paid for being good and big.

Just one guys' opinion tho.

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't think this is the time of year for anyone to be wanting certain players to be dropping the gloves and fighting. we need everyone to be out on the ice not in the press box being cheerleaders. getting in a fight and having to sit out a game isn't going to help us get a 1 seed or advance to denver. simple rule right now should be "skate away, just skate away"

We certainly don't need our #1 defensemen (measured in height as well as plus/minus) missing a game.

At this point if something absolutely needs to be done then it's up to a man like Brad Radke to step up and do what needs to be done. Malone would also be someone who could go without seriously hurting the team for the one game.

We certainly don't need our #1 defensemen (measured in height as well as plus/minus) missing a game.

At this point if something absolutely needs to be done then it's up to a man like Brad Radke to step up and do what needs to be done. Malone would also be someone who could go without seriously hurting the team for the one game.

kyle radke might put up a better fight than brad.

I totally disagree. Marto is a great skater who can move the puck up the ice. I think they are pretty equal players at this point. A lot of posters on this board have never and will never give Marto a decent chance at winning them over.

FWIW - The team scored three goals in two games against the Gophers. A defenseman named Marto is the fellow who dished the puck to Trupp for the game winner Friday night, and a defenseman named Marto is the fellow who centered the puck that VandeVelde spanked home to tie the game in the third on Saturday.

Both HUGE goals and in one of the highest pressure games of the year (at The John against the hated rodents). And THIS coming from a freshman.

I like where this young man is going...and I'll have him in my D-Corps any day..

FWIW - The team scored three goals in two games against the Gophers. A defenseman named Marto is the fellow who dished the puck to Trupp for the game winner Friday night, and a defenseman named Marto is the fellow who centered the puck that VandeVelde spanked home to tie the game in the third on Saturday.

Um, with all due respect, Trupp's goal was from an assist by Ryan Martens, as was Vande's goal. ???

(But thank you for playing. Bob, tell 808287 what prize he's won...)

Joe usually subs out his sallywork to me.

I am scheduled to mop Sally's floor with Wheeler's face

at 11 p.m. Saturday night. Unlike Wheeler, Joe has much

bigger fish to fry from here on in.

You gonna use you usual fightin moves - Girl slap followed by high pitched scream followed by curling up in a fetal position? Good news is that it will most likely prove effective against Mr. Wheeler.

If I were to rank the D right now I would say:

Chorney

Bina

Genoway

LaPoint

Marto

Jones

Finley

You have got to be out of your mind if you think Bina is second. He is not only the worst defenseman on this team. This year, he is the worst defenseman in the LEAGUE. He gets beat wide and flat-footed regularly. He tries to make passes that aren't there regularly. And he has been brutal, regularly.

You have got to be out of your mind if you think Bina is second. He is not only the worst defenseman on this team. This year, he is the worst defenseman in the LEAGUE. He gets beat wide and flat-footed regularly. He tries to make passes that aren't there regularly. And he has been brutal, regularly.

???

Yeah OK, Bina is a horrible defenseman. That has to top one of the silliest things you have ever said here.

Robbie is so bad that he is only ranked 6th over all nationally for defenseman in points per game. :D???

If you had any credibility left, I would tell you that you just lost it. However, since you lost your credibility a long time ago, I guess you have nothing to lose now, eh?!

I just find it un-believable how much love there is for Finley on this board. Tonight when your at the game, or watching on tv, specifically watch Joe Finley for an entire game. Few things you will notice.

#1. He will never pinch. Even on a puck where he could get there, he is afraid that he will get beat. This costs the Sioux possession of the offensive zone ALL THE TIME.

#2. He is soooo SLOW. Gotta be the slowest player on the team. I'd like to see him race Radke.

#3. For being 6'7, he doesn't touch anyone. Finley should be out there killing kids, night in and night out.

#4. I've never seen a collegiate defenseman so shakey with the puck in his own end of the ice. Every game I am at he scares me half to death when he handles the puck in the defensive zone. He doesn't make good decisions and is a terrible passer.

#5. For having the hardest shot on the team, it never hits the net. I'd love to see a stat that shows how many of Joe's shots actually hit the net.

#6. For as much as he's on the ice, his 11 points in 27 games are pathetic. He is on the ice ALL THE TIME (Including the power play for some un-godly reason). He has 4 career goals in 111 career games. For as much time he spends on the ice that number is strikingly low.

#7. He should be paying for Genoways dinner every single night. Because I can't count the number of times when big Joe has gotten beat but Genoway made up for it with his speed and caught someone from behind. Example, Genoway rushes the puck up last weekend at Minnesota, gets a shot off, somehow Finley falls asleep at the wheel and lets Lucia get a semi-break away, Genoway, comes out of no where and saves Finley and stops Lucia.

And thats just the start of it. The only reason he is playing is that he's a 6'7 junior, who is a first round NHL pick. If he was a freshman and a 6'th rounder, he wouldn't be sniffing the ice right now.

I just find it un-believable how much love there is for Finley on this board. Tonight when your at the game, or watching on tv, specifically watch Joe Finley for an entire game. Few things you will notice.

#1. He will never pinch. Even on a puck where he could get there, he is afraid that he will get beat. This costs the Sioux possession of the offensive zone ALL THE TIME.

#2. He is soooo SLOW. Gotta be the slowest player on the team. I'd like to see him race Radke.

#3. For being 6'7, he doesn't touch anyone. Finley should be out there killing kids, night in and night out.

#4. I've never seen a collegiate defenseman so shakey with the puck in his own end of the ice. Every game I am at he scares me half to death when he handles the puck in the defensive zone. He doesn't make good decisions and is a terrible passer.

#5. For having the hardest shot on the team, it never hits the net. I'd love to see a stat that shows how many of Joe's shots actually hit the net.

#6. For as much as he's on the ice, his 11 points in 27 games are pathetic. He is on the ice ALL THE TIME (Including the power play for some un-godly reason). He has 4 career goals in 111 career games. For as much time he spends on the ice that number is strikingly low.

#7. He should be paying for Genoways dinner every single night. Because I can't count the number of times when big Joe has gotten beat but Genoway made up for it with his speed and caught someone from behind. Example, Genoway rushes the puck up last weekend at Minnesota, gets a shot off, somehow Finley falls asleep at the wheel and lets Lucia get a semi-break away, Genoway, comes out of no where and saves Finley and stops Lucia.

And thats just the start of it. The only reason he is playing is that he's a 6'7 junior, who is a first round NHL pick. If he was a freshman and a 6'th rounder, he wouldn't be sniffing the ice right now.

yeah he sucks, just bench him every night ??? hes not a offensive d man as you know. we know you dont like him as a player and thats cool, your opinion but i like joes game and thats my opinion. im sure hak dosnt know what the hell hes doing dressing finley. he must be forced to play finley as hak doesnt know talent right? lapoint will play tonight and you can go back to watching the sioux :D

Well, I just have to disagree on a few things. I know this is my first post, but I watch a lot of hockey and know what's going on out there.

1. With his lack of footspeed, I would rather have him backing off then pinching. I don't know why you need a D pinching all the time.

2. Ever heard of Ryan Martens. That's slow. But Finley moves pretty well for a big man if you ask me. His footspeed is pretty slow, but I think his strides are so long that he actually moves pretty well.

3. Apparently you haven't watched any games this year. Finley has got opposing forwards pretty good quite a few times. He's so big, if he kills kids he will get a penalty(happened against BC last year)

4. I actually think he's pretty good breaking the puck out? I have seen him get at least 2 assists this year by launching passes down the ice and hitting a guy breaking in and sending him on a breakaway. I actually don't worry about him in our own zone.

5. I guess I don't really notice him shooting much so I can't comment on this.

6. 11 points in 27 games for a defensive D-man is pretty damn good if you ask me? Almost .5 points per game for a defensive defenseman in my book is pretty significant. I don't expect him to score, that's not his job. We have other defensemen to do that.

7. Chay has probably been the best defenseman on this team this year. He is very solid and fast. He is dependable on getting back. I love him and Finley as a pairing because if one gets beat we can count on the other to be there.

I'm not quite sure how many points you expect Finley to put up, or what, but you seem to love your offensive defensemen. That list you put up of how you would rank them made me laugh out loud. Lapoint ahead of Marto? You must not watch too much. What if I told you that in my opinion, if Lapoint wasn't a draft pick, Marto would be playing every night over him at this point. Marto is the better right now. I know Lapoint has more potential, but you have to play who is dependable right now. Marto is faster and stronger in his own zone. Lapoint is just really soft out there at this point. He is an offensive defenseman, and he only has 5 points in 20 games, so Finley averages more than him as a defensive d-man. So I don't know what your problem is with Finley's point totals.

Ranking Zach Jones and Joe Finley as our 2 weakest defensemen made me really question your credibility. I know you have connections to Lapoint, those show pretty well in your posts. Jones has no points this year, but I would rank him as one of the top defensive d-men in the country. The kid just does not get beat. It's amazing. But yes I will be going to the game tonight, and I will be watching Finley like you said. And I'm pretty sure I will come away feeling like I already felt about him. He has made huge strides and is becoming a terrific defenseman for UND.

i like all 7 of our d men this year. they all bring their own style and game and have done a hell of a job holding the oposition to 4 goals in last 4 games and have done a hell of a job the entire season in front of phil. keep it up and we will be in denver

i like all 7 of our d men this year. they all bring their own style and game and have done a hell of a job holding the oposition to 4 goals in last 4 games and have done a hell of a job the entire season in front of phil. keep it up and we will be in denver

Well said. Obviously the coaches like them all too as they are all getting plenty of playing time, even the freshmen.

He sucks so bad that he's leading the team in plus minus this year, led it for the entire season last year and had a respectable +18 in his Freshman year. It's very fair for a defensive defenseman to be ranked by his plus/minus.

The stats aren't everything but ignoring them is pretty stupid. I wish there was a time on ice statistic available because we could compare that to get the coaches idea of who deserves to be in there.

I'll be at the game and I expect Joe to be in there as much or more than anyone.

Who is Chuck Schwartz?