SiouxSports.com Forum

If the Playoffs started tonite....

Blackheart

the Sioux would be in....11th in the PW right now with the 3-2-1 bonus....stick that in your slide ruler! NCAA's actually start in late March and UND has 7 regular season league games to go.....Let's go 5-2 and play regionals at the Ralph!

the Sioux would be in....11th in the PW right now with the 3-2-1 bonus....stick that in your slide ruler! NCAA's actually start in late March and UND has 7 regular season league games to go.....Let's go 5-2 and play regionals at the Ralph!

According to KRACH, the WCHA should have 6 tournement teams. I really do think that this is probably the correct amount. BTW, what's up with UNH, get your act together so we get a quality road win. Also BSU, you better win your conference.

BTW, what's up with UNH, get your act together so we get a quality road win.

UNH suspended 7 forwards, six of whom were the team's leading scorers. Under the circumstances, I was surprised that the Wildcats hung with the Black Bears as well as they did.

According to KRACH, the WCHA should have 6 tournement teams. I really do think that this is probably the correct amount. BTW, what's up with UNH, get your act together so we get a quality road win. Also BSU, you better win your conference.

What about UNH? They benched 7 players, including their what... top 3 scoring forwards? If they won tonight, I'd get close to crapping my pants and have a REAL hard time not flaming our brother school in Orono.

In sagard's comparison of TUCs and PWR changes that are beneficial to the Sioux, here's what he said to do:

Root against Fairbanks, Ferris, SLU, SCSU, CC, DU, BU, Michigan. Root for Bemidji in the playoffs.

Bad news: Fairbanks won (upset Miami), SCSU won, Ferris won, BU won, and DU was inactive.

Good news: Michigan, CC, and SLU lost last night.

sagard and you math wizards could probably figure out how this affects the Sioux in that manner.... or is that what got us to 11th?

If you asked me pick a first round opponent I'd like the Sioux to play, Omaha would be on my short list.

Of course, playing Holy Cross in the second round is no piece of cake.

In looking at the projected bracket, honestly, I think UND could make the frozen four with the teams they have projected as being in the regional. I know this this is a joke, however, I think UND would pound on UNO and could beat the Goofers. They don't scare me at all, and being UND played barely at all in their own barn and hung with them makes me think UND can beat them. Trust me UofMN doesn't want to play UND in the regional.

The Sioux need to:

1) Sweep Duluth and Tech - Duluth will help the COP ratings vs. some eastern teams. Sweeping Tech may actually lower the Sioux RPI.

2) Get atleast 1 win vs. Denver - 2 wins would probably gaurentee a spot in the playoffs.

3) One advantage of being seaded 5th or 6th in the WCHA is that you will get the potential to win 2 more games against a TUC to advance to the F5.

4) Proceed to win al 9 playoff games and hoist #8

5) It is really that easy, however none of this will happen if the team can't score.

6) Interestingly enough, there is the potential that Denver can effectively end the Sioux season prematurely for the third consecutive season. I don't know about you, but I'm kind of sick of seeing Paukovich celebrate.

7) Has anyone seen Sparky? What did Dogz do to him? I'm sure it wasn't pretty though... :lol:

3) One advantage of being seaded 5th or 6th in the WCHA is that you will get the potential to win 2 more games against a TUC to advance to the F5.

Someone told me that a few years ago the NCAA made a rule saying that the first round playoff series don't count in the pairwise. They supposedly did this so teams with good pairwise standing wouldn't get penalized for finishing high in a conference by playing a bad team in the first round. For example, Minnesota's pairwise would stay the exact same by playing Anchorage or Tech and not go down at all. So I'm not sure the first round playoff series can help the Sioux in the pairwise.

But like I said, I've never heard of this rule so I don't know if this would be true. Has anybody else heard of this and can you shed some light please?