SiouxSports.com Forum
Sign in to follow this  
cberkas

2017-2018 NHL Season

cberkas   
4 hours ago, MafiaMan said:

Move 'em back to Atlanta!  :lol:

All the owner has to say is he's moving the team to Quebec City then he'll get his arena.

cberkas   
15 minutes ago, MafiaMan said:

Watched Vegasplay on TV the other night - love their white jerseys!

Everyone hates the white gloves, but I like them something new.

KSSioux   

Did I miss Tomek signing a pro contract?  He is the backup for Phily tonight playing against the Islanders.  I am really surprised at this being how young he is.  Thought he would go to the USHL this year and another school would pick him up for next year.  

cberkas   
1 minute ago, KSSioux said:

Did I miss Tomek signing a pro contract?  He is the backup for Phily tonight playing against the Islanders.  I am really surprised at this being how young he is.  Thought he would go to the USHL this year and another school would pick him up for next year.  

As far as I know you can't play in the USHL if you sign a pro contract.

• Upvote 1

KSSioux   
45 minutes ago, cberkas said:

As far as I know you can't play in the USHL if you sign a pro contract.

You cannot.  He is definitely the backup in one of Phily's games tonight (playing split squads against the Islanders).  There are only a few international spots available in major junior, so he will have to go to the ECHL or AHL, if he does not get one of those exemptions.  Pretty young kid to do that.  Very surprised.

cberkas   
17 minutes ago, KSSioux said:

You cannot.  He is definitely the backup in one of Phily's games tonight (playing split squads against the Islanders).  There are only a few international spots available in major junior, so he will have to go to the ECHL or AHL, if he does not get one of those exemptions.  Pretty young kid to do that.  Very surprised.

KHL is an option.

KSSioux   
6 minutes ago, cberkas said:

KHL is an option.

I assumed he is signed by Philly since they drafted him.  Then I do not believe he could play in another pro league while under their  contract.  Could be wrong on that.

KSSioux   
1 minute ago, KS SIOUX said:

https://www.nhl.com/flyers/news/rosters-announced-for-split-squad-game--philadelphia-flyers/c-291198750

Are we sure it’s Tomek - this is all I could find as far as today’s rosters go for split squad games

Check the game Lyon is starting in goal for Philly.  Check the team stats and Matej is listed as the backup.  Click his name and his picture will pop up.  It is definitely him in the picture.

cberkas   
On ‎9‎/‎18‎/‎2017 at 7:31 PM, MafiaMan said:

Watched Vegasplay on TV the other night - love their white jerseys!

The Bismarck Bobcats have grey jerseys like the Golden Knights grey jerseys.

southpaw   
On 9/20/2017 at 6:12 PM, KSSioux said:

International goalies can not play in Major Junior.